Game-Labs Forum

No more upgrade storage

Ok...  with the addition of books without a nice cute safe bookshelf that can freely transport them over vast distances risk free...    its time upgrade storage went away...

Players can teleport with huge wealth stored in the upgrade chest across the map distributing them for sale or in their ships with zero risk.

I hear these upgrades have little to no impact on their ship's performance too..

So its time the upgrade chest went away, the only thing perhaps we should be able to teleport with are our marks.. and even that is up for debate...

• Like 3

I don't see a point for the increase in wasted time, sorry. You can already transport low weight expensive stuff with a purpose built small upwind ship almost risk-free but it takes time... There are already those nutjobs that put items they could have in their captains chest into their ship hold for whatever reason... for everyone else using their brains it would be just another time waste.

• Like 5

well if you just look at it , and dont think about time waste  (time waste is a thingy of naval action itself because the speed to move is sllloooowwww)

the subject is a chest, and a chest is a box in the captain's quarters of a ship (because you can put upgrades in the chest at sea [for safekeeping even when your ship is lost])

it is not suited in the warehouse,but on a ship,  so if you jump from port to port, it should no be in your vicinity..

yes its open for debate i think

money(  gold)  is the only thing what goes with you and nothing more ...

it is the game tho 

and realistic logic of transporting  stuff

think about it you have to transport a  wood log ,but the cottonsail is always at your reach

that's strange .

Edited by Thonys

That's a huge time waste you're proposing. It would be enough if you had to transport upgrade once, eg. from a port of it's creation to another one. This could create interesting trade routes to run,without time waste. 

For those who want realism, you should treat gold in the same way. You should have it only in specific outposts, as there were no commonly used bank accounts at that time. If you sink, you loose gold. 

• Like 1

Upgrade storage has one goal - to have enough upgrades to quickly fit your ship for fighting in any place of the world. 

It is one of the features that does not look good on paper (how could you have them everywhere), but works great in reality. Removing it will be hated by many. 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Upgrade storage has one goal - to have enough upgrades to quickly fit your ship for fighting in any place of the world. 

It is one of the features that does not look good on paper (how could you have them everywhere), but works great in reality. Removing it will be hated by many. 

The only thing I think I would change is make it where certain upgrades can only be crafted in home ports.  Not freeports or open to all ports.  That means you go into an open for all port like Copper or Cart and buy it, you have to sail it back to one of your NATION owned ports to craft it.    This would put those items in the OW to chance capture.  Other than that I never seen an issue with the upgrades chest.  Yes I know some one can still buy the goods with an alt and than trade it later, but not every one has alts.  

Yah if it was removed I think a lot of folks would have a hissy fit including myself. I keep pretty much a good stock of the common mods I use in mine so if I loss a ship I can pop these mods on the ship and be back in action if need be.   The rare more expensive stuff is keep back home where i build the ships at on my crafter to install when the ship is built.

21 minutes ago, admin said:

Can we get this for repairs too? Nothing worse then having to fit at a port with no repairs

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 4

Repairs create an economy, which is based on real goods players need. Making repairs teleportable removes this economy (which we don't have a lot in game). If this happens, repairs may as well be removed completely, as it would be only a complication with no added value whatsover. In this case it would be ok to simply make a ship repair itself slowly through the fight, on it's own.

48 minutes ago, vazco said:

Repairs create an economy, which is based on real goods players need. Making repairs teleportable removes this economy (which we don't have a lot in game). If this happens, repairs may as well be removed completely, as it would be only a complication with no added value whatsover. In this case it would be ok to simply make a ship repair itself slowly through the fight, on it's own.

This doesn't change the amount of repairs needed, though it likely increases the amount of repairs consumed.  It only increases the amount you can carry without having to return to a port.  One of the complaints is that there aren't repairs available, though you already know about that right with your 10k repair kits at Tumbado.

• Like 1

Personally i don't like the Knowledge slots and the whole rare book idea, Upgrades and Slots should be done more like POTBS had, 6 perma slots (2 x Sail Upgrades, 2 x Hull and 2 x Cannon) then 3 general slots that couldn't stack so we could customize and build the ships to the way it suited our needs, the upgrades we kept in the hull and lost with the ship if boarded or sunk, the upgrades were easy to craft and there were plenty around that it created a proper supply and demand system that stimulated the economy, there were no rare or hard to get mods and they were all obtainable through the crafting, or during the Admiralty command/ Ranking up missions, if it was done this way then there would be much more easily accessible modules people could quickly outfit their ships and get out and PvP much quicker rather then having to work far to long grinding up getting the stupid books, knowledge and sailing hours to try get resources for all the hard to get modules that cost a fortune, you want people out fighting and pvping maybe do things right and stop putting stupid restrictions on things so people can get to where they want quicker when outfitting their ships and start getting into more PvP and have a better chance of competing in battles because they have just as much access to modules and upgrades as anyone else!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 16-3-2018 at 1:18 PM, admin said:

i agree on this one , its a solution . 

On 16-3-2018 at 1:47 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

Can we get this for repairs too? Nothing worse then having to fit at a port with no repairs

(Yes repairs still a mystery issue)

perhaps for the @admin to consider  ...

the old feature we had once ,where the AI trader could make a emergency trade from the warehouse to a port (was once freeport to freeport)

perhaps restricted to , only 3 types of goods (like for example rum ,hull and sail repair)[but restricted to only these 3 goods,here you have the amount of choice]

with a cooldown of 1 hour (to avoid reaction ganking in conjunction with tow  to port)

transported to>  ANY <  port you own.. 

the benefit would be no >  time consuming afterparty sailing or trade with other people or time consuming single person actions after tow.

OR: 

also  perhaps the  option is to have a tow>  with a restricted load of repairs in hold (like aga with 15/15/ 150 max) (its just once a day with cooldown of  say  @30 minutes )

and were the tow of a empty ship has no restrictions (timewise>  as is now).

Edited by Thonys