Game-Labs Forum

Distribution of new resources

Hello. This is my first post and I decided to do it to open a discussion about the distribution of new resources on the map. In the 15 patch new resources were created (copper ingots), but only two cities (english and french) produce it, and I think that is unfair to the rest of the factions, especially the small ones. My question to the devs is this: what were the reasons for this distribution? Would not it be much more fair for all the players that the new resources are distributed equally, at least one port in each faction?
Thanks you for your attention.

• Like 3

I think that the equal distribution and the conquest are not incompatible. Each faction can have one of those ports and want to conquer its adversary ports as it happens with other resources such as teak. In addition all players of all factions pay the same for the game, and this in my opinion is unfair.  Prussians, danes or dutch will never be able to conquer those ports, and they  and they also pay for the game like the rest of the players.

Remember there are other means to get these items.  They are still part of random loot drop.  AI some times carries the mates.  Some noob could leave it in there hull.  It's not all lost.

Now my only issue is even if you own the port it's a pain to get the resources with every one and there mother bidding and out bidding every one.  Great thing is the owner gets all those tax off those bids/contracts though even if they aren't filled.  I still think rare resource should be limited on contracts of say 10 each (I seen folks put up 100-500 on the copper ports).  I also think the owner of a region should get in there clan warehouse a private stock of the resources so they can choice to sale it or keep it for there own clan/nation.  This would give people even more reason to fight over a port and it's resources.  

With some resent info about some broken trade/delivery misisons we all know there are a good number of players that have millions upon millions out there and they have no problem running a trade war which others can't compete with, this is what I think is more an issue.

• Like 1

Since I've been playing this game, the Spanish faction has nothing, no good objects, no upgrades, nothing just harms you every day more
We ask that they change the resources of the game to benefit all nations equally, or that in each faction there is something special

• Like 1

In my post I do not intend to talk about RVR, i like to talk about the egalitarian distribution of new resources created. That is not incompatible with the RVR. It is about treating all players equally. In RVR, those ports can be conquered too.

12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

copper is close to a spanish safe zone.. go get it...

I'm sorry, but I think that response is bad manners. In my post I try to explain that the new resources created must be distributed equally, not that I want or not to go to get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Despeinao said:

I'm sorry, but I think that response is bad manners. In my post I try to explain that the new resources created must be distributed equally, not that I want or not to go to get it.

But that is not the point of it, the reason it was done this way was to encourage competition for it.  At least this item has no impact on the actual rvr battle itself unlike Cartagena tar.  Hopefully this means the gulf will actually see some activity now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Distribution is meaningless when Spain can move to conquer any port in the map.

Look at the map. Spain has gulf, some ports at Bahamas and some ports in South America. You can go wherever you want.

About fairness in ressource distribution, spain has guacata gunpower very close to habana. Which was an upgrade quite valuable for many players (Guacata Superior Gunpower). Also Spain has live oak and white oak woods not far from our capital.

I am not talking about Spain being able to conquer these ports, I am saying that the new resources created should be shared equally among ALL THE FACTIONS, because I think it is unfair that this is not so. My post is about the creation of new resources, not about RVR.

5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

But that is not the point of it, the reason it was done this way was to encourage competition for it.  At least this item has no impact on the actual rvr battle itself unlike Cartagena tar.  Hopefully this means the gulf will actually see some activity now.

If all the factions have a resource port the competition is not reduced. Just look at what happens with the teak. And a dutch or danish player pays the same for the game as an english player, so I think thats it's unfair that one can access those resources and the others does not.

Just now, Intrepido said:

I disagree.

Conquest is encouraged with the current ressource distribution. I would add only one or two ports more producing some upgrades, to revive some dead areas.

I disagree too. I think that conquest and equal distribution are perfectly compatibles. It´ssimple. If I have one of those ports and I can conquer another I try it.

2 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

If all the factions have a resource port the competition is not reduced. Just look at what happens with the teak. And a dutch or danish player pays the same for the game as an english player, so I think thats it's unfair that one can access those resources and the others does not.

GB has no teak, or white oak, perhaps not even any live oak as well.  I don't see your point here.  Spain has all of those I believe, though granted you gave some to the russians i guess to be 'fair'.

It isn't about fair, its about creating something to fight over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

GB has no teak, or white oak, perhaps not even any live oak as well.  I don't see your point here.  Spain has all of those I believe, though granted you gave some to the russians i guess to be 'fair'.

It isn't about fair, its about creating something to fight over.

GB has teak until recently in its capital area. My post is not about existing resources, is about the new ones that are created and added to the map.

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Lets talk about GB, because it looks you are a bit biased.

No access to live oak, white oak, no ports producing any upgrade near Jamaica or Belize.

You can open a post if you want for talking about this. My post i about new resources created an added to map, not existing resources.

16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You lack experience in the game and the reasons why some communities plays RvR.

Not everyone plays to paint the map with his country´s flag.

I'm sorry but that reply seems disrespectful to me. I play as I want and I do not demand anyone how should to play. Please, do not enter into personal questions when I only intend to open a post to ask the devs to make their updates fairly.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Like cartagena, copper is distributed over the map in rare places to create competition and pvp/pb hotspots about them in areas that lack meaning to conquer.

Like guacata or french or bovenwinds, northern carp, countless other upgrades they are added to create meaningfull conquest.

I understand your arguments but I disagree. I do not see that in the ports you mention, except in Cartagena, there are RVR exploit. It seems that the RVR exploit appears in areas where there are several factions, not several resources.

Every nation has all basic resources in the safezone.

Copper plating is not mandatory, its a rare luxury item. It is there to promote RvR, to force nations to fight against each other, if you want to talk about it or not.

I dont know why you say Prussia has no chance of getting it. If they have allies to get past screening in the PB they will probably win and also be able to hold the port because they are very strong in shallow fights.

Also saying Spain has nothing is bs, you have the only port producing Guacata Saltpeter and you also have a lot of port so you get Victory Marks.

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Every nation has all basic resources in the safezone.

Copper plating is not mandatory, its a rare luxury item. It is there to promote RvR, to force nations to fight against each other, if you want to talk about it or not.

I dont know why you say Prussia has no chance of getting it. If they have allies to get past screening in the PB they will probably win and also be able to hold the port because they are very strong in shallow fights.

Also saying Spain has nothing is bs, you have the only port producing Guacata Saltpeter and you also have a lot of port so you get Victory Marks.

Let's be realistic. Prussia, Denmark and the Netherlands have no chance of conquering these ports or accessing those resources. And I repeat what I have already said in other replies: my post is about the creation of new resources, not about existing ones like guacata or others. When a new resource is created it is unfair to benefit some factions, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

Let's be realistic. Prussia, Denmark and the Netherlands have no chance of conquering these ports

Why not? VP i agree because they are shit in RvR but Prussia and Denmark have strong players.

4 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

When a new resource is created it is unfair to benefit some factions, in my opinion.

Yes it is, but how else do you want to bring a new rare resource to the map? Giving it to every nation is defintely not the way to go^^

And its still capturable, so not a mandatory bonus or maybe even a disadvantage because those ports will be attacked for sure.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 2

A lot of not craftable ressources for upgrades are only (regular) available in one or two port(s).  This is like a basic setting of the game. There is no reason to change the rule for coper ingots or longleaf pine.

This discussion is useless!

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Give these nations time.

Who thought 1 year ago that sweden will own the most ports on the map being present in the center of the map, bahamas, close to french cap and in dutch waters?

True that. Sweden was never weak though, always had good, capable players.

50 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

That new ressource wasnt created to benefit anyone.

When the game gets released, those ports will be neutral. All of them. No one will owe them, do you understand?

I disagree. Just look at the taxes generated in ports with copper ingots. In my opinion these new resources should be created in free ports, or one in each faction. I cant see the future, so I cant comment today what will happen when the game gets released,  i only mention a situation that I think is unfair, and still nobody has given me enough arguments to change my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Fenris said:

True that. Sweden was never weak though, always had good, capable players.

I must interpret then that for you danish, prussians or dutch are not capable players? That is an insult in my opinion for the players of those factions. Let's be honest and realistic. We all know that these factions cant win ports against the most powerful factions of the game.  Everyone who has replie in this post knows that perfectly.

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted to say.

Edited by Despeinao