Game-Labs Forum

In Fleetbattles you take a not inconsiderable part of the damage while looting, because you drive maneuvers which you would normally not drive, or just wait beside the sinking ship.  Especially in distances to enemies which you normally avoid. On the one hand from leftover opponents and on the other by the ship you want to loot, before it go down (and will be lootable) after you shot down the HP.
In addition, there is still the risk of being boarded, when you stand next to the ship and wait for it begins to sink.

It is now increased by the fact that ships with downed HP stop immediately and then sink after some time only.

On top of that, you do not use many opportunities to fire on another ship, because you know that you can not loot it anymore if that also begins to sink in certain situations.

In my opinion, all completely unnecessary and certainly not histiorical aspects in a naval battle.

Why is not the loot distributed after the battle based on the sunken ships along with the combat marks, the gold and the XP, in the same way? ... It was also possible before the wipe last year.

And it not must a static screen, it can be the same pop-up report like we have now for XP and marks after the battle.

Edited by Holm Hansen
addition

I'm glad, not to be the only one who is annoyed by the current state of the loot-system.

Basically I like the the new system (you can pick up repairs from sunken friends, etc.) but it is to difficult right now. A larger area and time until the masts are under water would be fine.

Thanks for your reading and your comments!

52 minutes ago, blademage said:

I'm glad, not to be the only one who is annoyed by the current state of the loot-system.

No, never you are you the only one who is annoyed about it , I get upset about that in almost every fleet battle. 

52 minutes ago, blademage said:

Basically I like the the new system (you can pick up repairs from sunken friends, etc.) but it is to difficult right now.

Aggreed, that could an advantage over a loot distribution system after the battle. But in battles against AI i have not even need for the freshly collected repairs, then i just take enough on the ship before i go in battle.

btw: a display in the harbor how many will be need for a performed repair would also be useful here

edit:

Sorry, i have not read carefully enough, you wrote abuot pick up repairs from sunken friends. Ok, that´s with another system not possible anymore. But I still think that the disadvantages outnumber that, when you forced to manually loot.

Edited by Holm Hansen

currently you can transfer your sinking friends (AI or player) to your ship and return them later as you can transfer crew to a stopped AI vessel (i only managed that once, the same problems as with looting also exist there).

Giving a wider range where to be to loot (eg. 100m radius),

a easier "point of access", where to press X to loot (now it feels you have to exactly target the cargo hatch or the middle of the hold)

and more time (either twice the time we have now or until the masts are sunk) 

will make lots of people happy I guess.

17 minutes ago, blademage said:

currently you can transfer your sinking friends (AI or player) to your ship and return them later as you can transfer crew to a stopped AI vessel (i only managed that once, the same problems as with looting also exist there).

Giving a wider range where to be to loot (eg. 100m radius),

a easier "point of access", where to press X to loot (now it feels you have to exactly target the cargo hatch or the middle of the hold)

and more time (either twice the time we have now or until the masts are sunk) 

will make lots of people happy I guess.

some of the disadvantages would still remain because:
you must return to a ship to loot, or wait until it sinks while you are
unnecessarily exposed to the fire from the opposing ships
you seek only to sink ships if also is possible to loot them afterwards, 
so you can also pass possibilities to sink some ships

1 hour ago, PG Monkey said:

Why should it be easy?

because the loot is our reward for the battle. We already earned it. If we want a "manoeuvrer your Santisima to that turtle's back against the wind" challenge, we had other ways to implement it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blademage said:

because the loot is our reward for the battle. We already earned it. If we want a "manoeuvrer your Santisima to that turtle's back against the wind" challenge, we had other ways to implement it.

so you want to automatically get it because its too hard to sail to it?

It is for sure, if looting gets more easy, the drop chances Or drop amounts will be decreased ... 

So there wont be MORE loot, only a skilled and foreseeing captain gets the same like an unskilled captain ... 

One thing would be better then: u never again have to question yourself if the heavily needed skill book was in the wreck u didnt reached in time 😀

It should be cool if you had full control on your fleet (I mean to control the other ships) , then you take a small vasle to claim all loots from destroying ships . The sinking time is good enough for me . The looting distance should be increased  . The alternative of a good fleet is a friend who's going after you with a light ship to take the loot .

Edited by CaptainSparcklesss

2 hours ago, Trino said:

if looting gets more easy, the drop chances Or drop amounts will be decreased ... 

Why should they do that? It depends on your ship and the ships you sink how easy the looting is but I wouldn't say it takes skill... just more time since you have to wait with sinking them until you are in the right spot to be able to loot them ( depending on the ship of course ). Only a carebear like you would consider it a skill demanding task...

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

Why should they do that? It depends on your ship and the ships you sink how easy the looting is but I wouldn't say it takes skill... just more time since you have to wait with sinking them until you are in the right spot to be able to loot them ( depending on the ship of course ). Only a carebear like you would consider it a skill demanding task...

Carebear isn't an insult for me, but because it's not the first time i see you want to insult/provoke me, so i suggest a duel 1 vs 1! Choose the ship, choose the time (european evening, i may need some time to bring the ship to the place), choose the place (freetown). 

Best regards, Sir!

Edited by Trino