Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Poll

Galt

Server Merge Poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would the captains, from both servers, be in favor of a server merge?

• Yes, but with no restrictions on port battles
    • Yes, but with time restrictions on port battles
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2017 at 05:00 AM

This is to get an update on where the player base stands on a server merge in light of the newest patch. (on PvP Global) The Prussians have 5 players, the Russians: 2, and no one has gone Polish (as of 10/16.)

Edited by Galt

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

No.

Either US or EU players could never attend PBs in their primetimes making it unfair for one of the sides.

People on the EU server arent willing to sacrifice their work, sleep... to keep enjoying properly the game. Despite having uncapturable ports, the efforts of capturing one port from the enemy is too big to be glad losing it because of a nightflip.

dont speak for a whole server, you are not their rep. let them vote. k thanks

• Like 6

Yes, but with time window restrictions for the ports.

Let the defender defend the ports at their time.

EDIT: I'll clarify

I want a Server merge - I see it as a way for everyone to get together and find content - but I also realize how crappy it is to lose ports that you own in times that you can't be up, or that the majority of your folks just can't get there.

So a Server merge, if it happens, MUST have time windows on ports. the owner of the ports MUST be able to select a window for defense.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

Thats exactly why we wanted a server split.

No more wars of conquering at the middle of the night.

I'm ok staying up or waking up early to attack your ports if I really want to.  Or with the prospect of clan alliances, you could just ally with someone who could.  Imagine the possibilities.  

I'll even let you hire VCO  :-)   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We want also be able to make ANY war against ANY nation in our prime times.

No lockouts because this nation have port battle timers at 04:00 of the morning.

Well, unless Game-Labs wants an empty global server and no Western Hemisphere/Oceanic players, maybe your demands shouldn't be the highest priority for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Can the ping be made reasonable globally?  That seems to be a potentially big problem.

@Wraith did a pretty good survey of pings and US east coast based location was ideal for the greater majority of players.  Most Western EU based folks had better pings than US players.  

Just now, Intrepido said:

Lots of possibilities of losing wars due to timers while EU players are sleeping.

We learnt very well the lesson the US guys provided to the Eastern Alliance with your nightflips threats and blackmails.

Yet every singly player that said he was going to quit because of the night flips....didn't.  And the map was not significantly impacted by our night flips.  The day flips however.....did.     Stop being a baby.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Yet every singly player that said he was going to quit because of the night flips....didn't.  And the map was not significantly impacted by our night flips.  The day flips however.....did.     Stop being a baby.  

They are both bad and the game needs to change to prevent them if there are not enough players to sail for every nation 24 hours a day.  It needs to take much longer campaigns to take a port/region.  We hoped to have a 24/7 server but there weren't enough people for it.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Stop being a baby. 

All you need to comment on this guy really. Whenever this topic comes up he gets all mad and you can't discuss it with him objectively. Just ignore him. I don't think it is a good idea to let people attack ports during their owners night or work time however...

Thats not true.

Danes quit for some time the game when you flipped several of their ports.

When you did the same to the port of Remedios several spanish players just give up with RvR.

Stop crying for a server merge.

The danes quit for 2 weeks and then we stopped and they retook Domingo at 11am in the morning.  Every single one of them returned and started flipping us during the daytime.   

7 minutes ago, Landsman said:

All you need to comment on this guy really. Whenever this topic comes up he gets all mad and you can't discuss it with him objectively. Just ignore him. I don't think it is a good idea to let people attack ports during their owners night or work time however...

Yea  he's just a bitter person who hates US players.  His insults go way way back, they hated us before the night flips started.  

I cant hate people I just dont know.

I hate all those ideas that takes away the enjoyment of the EU playerbase that wanted PB limits.

If the EU playerbase is unanimously against any kind of merge, and any kind of compromise, the voting in this poll will eventually reflect that, won't it? All you're doing is repeating things you've already said, while speaking for several hundred other people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I cant hate people I just dont know.

I hate all those ideas that takes away the enjoyment of the EU playerbase that wanted PB limits.

lets also add incredibly selfish to your list of attributes.  I know myself and many others would like to be able to play the game that was advertised.  A hardcore Naval Combat Simulator.  Port Timer restrictions are not hardcore.  The ports you've cried about for months have been wiped multiple times since the split.  The game is in alpha still.  Why do you care if activity happens while you sleep.  Why do you give a shit?  

A server merge is in the best interests of the game overall for longevity, both servers have had significant population decline since the "great wipe", we need more players.  If one server doesn't work out at launch, we split up again.  

• Like 3

For any players wondering about PB timers in different zones (which seemed to be the issue back in the day)... Why not have non capital PBs set to a max of 10 captains - x2 1st rates x3 4th rates and x5 5th rates.. Capital regions set to much bigger BR's, etc, or something along those lines. This would also help smaller nations (like our beautiful Spanish nation ;P) . I'm sure any nation can gather 10 players in any time zones if the servers were combined? 

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The hardcore sight of the game costs us hundreds of players with the patch 10.

NA turned into one of games withe the lowest player retention of Steam. Docens of new players lost.

A niche game with hardcore mechanics will ultimately fail. 

Im glad that the devs are making so good changes with the patches 11 and 12. 

The population numbers were low well before the night flips.  You know it, I know it.  The fine woods patch tanked this game.  Despite all these magical EU players quitting the game over night flips and huge population surge you saw at start of the great wipe, you're still back down to the same population levels you had during the night flips.  Stop using the US players as a scapegoat for everything wrong with this game.

Wanna know why this game lost so many players....In particular US based players?  @admin asked this question last week in a thread.  Both servers had timer restrictions that did not allow any US player to do conquest past 9pm EST time for over a year.  This was on PVP 1 and 2.  More US players quit because they were unable to do conquest in their primetime for almost a year.  The excuse given was because of server maintenance 6 hours away.  This simple oversight made far more players quit than the night flips.  No one seems to give a shit about it though.  

The US player base has been getting the shaft left and right for over a year by the EU players and the Dev team.  You don't seem too concerned.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The hardcore sight of the game costs us hundreds of players with the patch 10.

NA turned into one of the games with the lowest player retention of Steam. Docens of new players lost.

A niche game with hardcore mechanics will ultimately fail. 

Im glad that the devs are making so good changes with the patches 11 and 12. 

As much as the mini map, tow to port, etc, have changed... I find most changes are just band aid solutions. Current players will enjoy them but I don't see how this will grow our community. I have like 3 friends that have asked if they should get into the game. I tell them unless you are willing to make this your #1 game ... it really isn't worth it. Beginner levels are a grind.. over and over... level after level. On the fence gamers are simply not going to get this game for $40 USD... unfortunately :( 

19 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Mate, you have no idea how many threads and polls your guys have made about a serve merge.

People are just tired of reading the same over and over.

So far, it seems like it's just you that's tired of reading the same over and over, but I'll take your word for it. I take long breaks from the forums for reasons that I'm always immediately reminded of as soon as I visit.