Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Poll

Galt

Server Merge Poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would the captains, from both servers, be in favor of a server merge?

• Yes, but with no restrictions on port battles
    • Yes, but with time restrictions on port battles
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2017 at 05:00 AM

Well  - looking at the sum of "no merge" and "merge with time locks" - what I can see (at least for now) is that a large majority of players is against the "one server with no time limits"

Edited by victor

5 minutes ago, victor said:

Well  - looking at the sum of "no merge" and "merge with time locks" - what I can see (at least for now) is that a large majority of players is against the "one server with no time limits"

@Galt Do another poll without the "yes, but without time restrictions", i'd say? Fairly obvious already, that this isn't going to happen from the poll results so far and all the moaners / reason servers were split in the first place in general.

From a personal POV , I play on global and live in the EU like a good many others. Most players join the server with the best latency unless they have prior knowledge of the game and understand about Pb timers and primetime. Most players learn about this as they level up ( slowly) and many don't care ( why should they ) about the other server(s) The devs will have the information regarding player numbers and where they are from and I get the impression that the majority are not USA based but EU , the OZ / KIWI contingent being the smallest. That's my guess having played on both and disregarding a poll based on noisy players who spend more time on the forums than in game.

i'd propose a different poll. More to do with character transfer and see how many of us would move if we were given a choice to move with all our goods from 1 o the other ? Global - EU or vice versa

but any server merge would have to have a real poll ingame, 1 player ( not account ) having a vote as I feel that there are many here only looking out for what they want and not what is in the best interests of the game. We need more players , having only 1 server would help that because we are the content but it doesn't solve the ping issues or the PB timers

Players chose their server and I would guess many would abandon global for the EU server rather than the other way round. Hijacking the EU player base and giving them worse pings and a playstyle they voted against seems like a losing idea to me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Teutonic said:

good, so you can defend your port at your prime time on the same server on the same server.

You just don`t get it.

You don`t have enough players on GLOBAL, and you want a merge for completely insane reasons. Make restrictions on conquest, timers for example, will solve not 1 issue.

Make it without restrictions, it will make it worse.

So, there is no need for server merge.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Still we havent figured "something" that pleases everybody.

And current EU server restrictions pleases EU community.

The game had the most players back when the lord protector system was in play, 2-3x more population than we have now.  It wasn't until the Fine Woods/Hostility patch that we started to dwindle to our current population numbers.  I see no reason why the servers can't be merged and we go back to some version of port window system,  Obviously with some tweaks here and there.  

45 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The game had the most players back when the lord protector system was in play, 2-3x more population than we have now.  It wasn't until the Fine Woods/Hostility patch that we started to dwindle to our current population numbers.  I see no reason why the servers can't be merged and we go back to some version of port window system,  Obviously with some tweaks here and there.  

You miss one thing. Player base was higher in this time beacuse Naval Avtion was quite new product. Most of these players left game cause they were bored, there was lack of content. Merge will change nothing except annoy huge part of EU community and make small Global community happy (but as i think not at all)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Mate Chill out.

We can only Transfer 1 Ship per Day. And we have to get all our Stuff into an Neutral or Free Port before we can Change Nations.

Just getting all my Fleet into an Free Port is a Pain. Getting it back to the other Nation will be another Pain. And then I have not even Shipped all the Mats over....

Unfortunately we cant just Press Forged Papers and then just get all our Stuff Teleported into the new Capitol...

As for the Poll.

Well. The Big Problem is which Time Restrictions we take.

I am against a Merge unless its EU Times. Cause I am absolutely NOT Interested in having a Portbattle at 2 o clock in the Morning...

That's fair, I spent about 5 hours getting it all done the night before so I can understand if not everyone is able to do that. 

In respect to the time restrictions, I was actually a huge fan of the defenders setting the time for the battle that works for them making that attackers actually have to coordinate assaults. You can flip a port in the middle of the night but the battle time should be a window like we had with the flag system. 

10 hours ago, koiz said:

@Galt How do you propose the devs solve the latency issue? A lot of people in favor of the merge seems to gloss over this issue.

You are able to host one shard across several servers so global latency is low and everyone can be on the same world. This is technology that exists. 

2 hours ago, Galt said:

You are able to host one shard across several servers so global latency is low and everyone can be on the same world. This is technology that exists. 

I love how non-technical people think this is something that is easily done... It exists but at a cost that is too high.

8 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Still we havent figured "something" that pleases everybody.

And current EU server restrictions pleases EU community.

I'm still waiting for you to prove how lord protector windows won't work. EU clans can set there ports to EU prime time.  US clans to their prime times.  AUS/SEA to their prime time.  Clans that make up members from multi nations can set to any window they want of leave it open for any time.  Ya'll keep saying you don't want to loose sleep worrying about losing a port while your at work are a sleep.  You wont' loose your CLAN'S ports cause they will have EU time windows.  The only way to loose them is if you loose a fight you have in your prime time.  So how exactly would you have to worry about those ports?  Now your nation might loose ports that are held by other clans with other time slots.  That is those clans responsibility to hold those ports.   Also remember you can have friendly clans help support your ports in your time zone slot or others.   

The game is not the same as it was when we had time slots before.  It's based more off clan's not the nations as a whole.  So what if your nation looses a few dots in other times and maybe gain some.  As long as your clan can support and protect you clans or allies ports in the times slot ya'll have the most players there shouldn't be an issue.  

This would mean that only fights can only happen in the clan owners prime time slots and not off hours.   So no sleep would be lost.  You don't have to own every dang port or be responsible for other clan ports.  If it's a nation key port than that port window should be during the prime time of the nation. If you loose the port in your prime time than now restrictions or windows would of helped you any way cause you lost it when you had the most folks on to defend it and would of lost it with EU restrictions any way.   

The biggest issue I saw when we had lord protector before was folks would try to put ports in off times cause they could better defend them or they thought no one would be online enough to flip them, but back than I could take a mortar brig into a port and sink the towers and win in less than 20 mins during off hours.  If that port was set in the prime time of that nation/clan I couldn't do that cause it only took a few ships to pop in sink or run me off.  If your don't got guys on during those hours don't bitch if you set your timer to them and loose your port.

All in all if you loose a port than just flip it back.   What i think they are afraid of is that say a US based clan in any nation stays up late or gets on mid day of a weekend.  We take a EU clan port on a Sat.   They loose the port and we change the window to US prime time.  They have now US based friendly clans...they can't take the port back unless they do the same as the US clan did and actually set things up in the other clans prime time.  

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

It is very simple in fact.: The clan/nation that have players/friendly clans that covers all timezones win.

In the EU server only one nation was capable of doing that (GB) and that make them almost impossible to beat. Another nation had the US playerbase that flipped most of our ports at night and they were quite pleased to see how the EU commnuity were leaving the game. This is an unbalance that most euro nations cant compete with.

Again how did they flip your ports at night if they where locked in EU time?   See your not even talking about the same system, your talking about when there was no restrictions.  The other thing why can't ya'll recruit other time zones players?  I tell you why you treat us like crap.  I know from my own experience I tried to get our clan over there to help ya'll fight the EU prime time players cause we where bored on GLOBAL cause every one was hiding.  You know what responce I got from most of the nations?   "We don't care we will just ignore them and let them night flip us.  We don't need your help."  I had a full RvR Clan that most can say holds it's own on GLOBAL (PvP2 than) willing to come over and join the fight against them.  All we needed was ships to do so.  That was around 15-20 hard core PvP/RvR players in those time zones (we fight in both AUS/US time zones) that was pretty much told go bugger off we don't need you. It wasn't just one nation either as I approached more than one.  France actually started to get our guys to help them but by that time things picked back up on PvP2 we said screw it.