Game-Labs Forum
admin

New weights system!

On 9/9/2017 at 5:50 PM, Liq said:

"Hurricane Irma destroyed all production buildings, Trump is willing to pay a small loan of a billion dollars to refund losses."

That "billion dollars" is will come out of taxpayer coffers and will only serve to replace his property...ROFLMAO

@adminI know you have modified Weight system, but for battles, the number of Repair kit is just too enormous. You should limit the repair we can take. Guys don t take Versailles Forrest in his hold...or...... wood (of trees) is very very very light...

For give some gameplay u can try to up weight of repairs (not ressources).

A ship who can repair three times with Repair Rig and Repair Sails must have a biggest malus of speed than an other who take only one.

Example:

If you take one repair hull and one repair rig your hold is full at 1/3 with a speed where you lost 1 or 1.5 knots.

If you take two repair of each, your hold is full at 2/3 with a speed where you lost 2 or 2.5 knots.

if you take three repair of each, your hold is full with a speed where you lost 3 or 3.5 knots.

For the gameplay it s can be better than actually because battles are just too long...and boring. A guy who take 9 repair Hull or sails will NEVER die (or more)if he is full speed ..he haven  t not enough Speed Malus and battle will take 1h30 of kitting....just reward XP and nothing else.

Yesterday, a Russian/Danish fleet fight against us. One of the Russian with a Wasa had a stay sails upgrade. When he up the wind with 64 % of sails ...frig, wasa with more than 80% of sails can t catch him...OMG....wtf...It isn t an isolated fight where ships with no sails can speed more than ships with full Sails....

Speed is an important side of the simulation yes...but a work is necessary for Gameplay where you can have ACTION!!!! And follow a ship meanwhile 1h30 is just NOT ACTION :P If he is more speed he can escape in the first min of fight (10-15 min)...not meanwhile 1h30 .... ;)

It s my opinion... GL HF all

Edited by DesMoines

44 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

One of the Russian with a Wasa had a stay sails upgrade. When he up the wind with 64 % of sails ...frig, wasa with more than 80% of sails can t catch him...OMG....wtf...It isn t an isolated fight where ships with no sails can speed more than ships with full Sails....

Sail damage is dynamic so if you damage the square sails while not scratching the staysails / bowsprit, there should not be much of a difference when sailing upwind

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

Sail damage is dynamic so if you damage the square sails while not scratching the staysails / bowsprit, there should not be much of a difference when sailing upwind

You speak from this Sails???? in red?

they were very damaged.... Bow wasn t broke....but all others were in a bad health ....not enough probably...it s just we think it s fantasy when a ship have 64 % of sails and when others with full can t catch him.... With ...or without staysails or other upgrade XD

Staysails.jpg

Global 64%, as stated, can be misleading though as it a measure of all three sail groups and masts hp.

The upwind force exerted might still be sufficiently strong on the stays while blackblow on the mains is weaker due to damage ?

24 minutes ago, Liq said:

@Liq@admin@Ink

That s a good reply, but how a ship (pirate frigate) withaout the main mast and sails to 51% can turn into the wind several times from 60 degree to 60 degree without get stuck into the wind? And how this pirate frigate can turn better than a full sail Wasa? I have seen this twice (a pirate frigate and a Wasa) but i didn t have video (sorry next time i will do). If you have lost a mast (mostly if you have lost main mast) you should not be able to do that. In reality ships of XIX century cannot sail under 60 degree from the wind for several reasons, i m not asking this because of gameplay (but it will maximize the importance of wind and i would like to test this), i m aking if it s correct that a demasted ship with 51% sails can turn into the wind with a starting low speed.

Edited by MassimoSud