Game-Labs Forum

New weights system!

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

One of the Russian with a Wasa had a stay sails upgrade. When he up the wind with 64 % of sails ...frig, wasa with more than 80% of sails can t catch him...OMG....wtf...It isn t an isolated fight where ships with no sails can speed more than ships with full Sails....

Sail damage is dynamic so if you damage the square sails while not scratching the staysails / bowsprit, there should not be much of a difference when sailing upwind

• Like 2

Global 64%, as stated, can be misleading though as it a measure of all three sail groups and masts hp.

The upwind force exerted might still be sufficiently strong on the stays while blackblow on the mains is weaker due to damage ?

24 minutes ago, Liq said:

Sail damage is dynamic so if you damage the square sails while not scratching the staysails / bowsprit, there should not be much of a difference when sailing upwind

@Liq@admin@Ink

That s a good reply, but how a ship (pirate frigate) withaout the main mast and sails to 51% can turn into the wind several times from 60 degree to 60 degree without get stuck into the wind? And how this pirate frigate can turn better than a full sail Wasa? I have seen this twice (a pirate frigate and a Wasa) but i didn t have video (sorry next time i will do). If you have lost a mast (mostly if you have lost main mast) you should not be able to do that. In reality ships of XIX century cannot sail under 60 degree from the wind for several reasons, i m not asking this because of gameplay (but it will maximize the importance of wind and i would like to test this), i m aking if it s correct that a demasted ship with 51% sails can turn into the wind with a starting low speed.

Edited by MassimoSud
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16.11.2017 at 11:26 AM, Otto Kohl said:

You dont need to worry about repairs because you don't even leave French reinforcement zone. Weight of reps is fine, cooldown must be changed.

I fully agree. Separate cooldown for hull from cooldown for sails, and make cooldown for hull last 1h30 min. Better yet, don't allow for hull repair in battle.

Sail repairs are needed until demasting meta is taken care of.

I think they should limit it to 2 hull/rig repairs per battle. That way you really have to pick and choose when and what to repair. I agree that the infinite repair meta needs to change, but it's crucial to have lots of repairs when you are forced to fight multiple battles before returning to port. 

3 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

I think they should limit it to 2 hull/rig repairs per battle. That way you really have to pick and choose when and what to repair. I agree that the infinite repair meta needs to change, but it's crucial to have lots of repairs when you are forced to fight multiple battles before returning to port. 

maybe they could set AI selling repairs in all ports at the price they sell in capital ships. After all repair self-production is not such an important thing.

On the rest I agree with you: endless repairs are not good, since end up in endless flights, so - basically - in a lower number of fights in the OS.

Edited by victor