Game-Labs Forum

[PODW] pvp1 eu "The Corsair's Revenge"

el_mariachi

Carlos IV,  king of Spain, sends his minions and inquisitors from VLTRA order to put an end to piracy and privateering all across the hole northern coast of Cuba.

Strong and experienced squadron formed around 4 ships of the line Navio "Bellona" class reached the gulf of Remedios, which was recently captured by the brethren of the coast.

Spaniards began to sink any smuggler or more-or-less defenseless ship when suddenly....

594d33b172d7b_LaHabana-8.jpg

La Habana-9.jpg

La Habana-10.jpg

3 Bellonas were captured, others were sunk. When the sun had come at last from the clouds of mist and smoke, this massacre ended. Corsairs won.

Edited by el_mariachi
  • Like 5

The teleportation to and from Freetown was taken from us. Cheap and ready-for-use guns were taken from us. Cheap and available for buying at any port repairs were taken from us. PVP marks and proud money rewards for pvp were taken for us. Crabs are happy to be safe for fleeting on PVP server.

Only few of us left. But we're still kicking your ass as always))

Edited by el_mariachi
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, el_mariachi said:

Hm, I don't consider myself a good pvp player but those long range broadsides with random fire and unlocked sector focus 100m really triggers me :D . Especially at 35:43. He is in the middle but the only ships getting hit are probably both allies to his left and right. 

7 hours ago, Cecil Selous said:

Hm, I don't consider myself a good pvp player but those long range broadsides with random fire and unlocked sector focus 100m really triggers me :D . Especially at 35:43. He is in the middle but the only ships getting hit are probably both allies to his left and right. 

Patriots like him shoot as they please and always do it well... 

• 2 months later...

Congrats Mariachi.... Really epic battle.....

But..... Everibody find normal that 2 ships sunk 19 ships??????......... When this game has become "space invaders"????.............

I do not want to take any merit from Mariachi or this battle ..... I have only chosen this battle as an example of what is being seen these days ... So different from the battles I had when I played a few months ago ...

10 minutes ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

Congrats Mariachi.... Really epic battle.....

But..... Everibody find normal that 2 ships sunk 19 ships??????......... When this game has become "space invaders"????.............

I do not want to take any merit from Mariachi or this battle ..... I have only chosen this battle as an example of what is being seen these days ... So different from the battles I had when I played a few months ago ...

From 1,5 years ago:

gallery_3012_468_300457.jpg

Dinark is just a monster and for a reason considered one of the best players.

• Like 3

I know.... And maybe this is not best sample............. I watched more old batles like this from PODW...... true...

But this is not only sample about this............ 1,5 years ago battles like this should be an exception, but today you could find to many battles like this.....

Maybe I'm wrong Jon..... I let to play this the last Wipe...... I return last week......... and watching actual battles, my face is ....  :o
But of course I can be mistaken.......

I repeat, no reproach or anything like this battle, simply chosen as an example of more battles that can be seen in the forum ....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

I know.... And maybe this is not best sample............. I watched more old batles like this from PODW...... true...

But this is not only sample about this............ 1,5 years ago battles like this should be an exception, but today you could find to many battles like this.....

Maybe I'm wrong Jon..... I let to play this the last Wipe...... I return last week......... and watching actual battles, my face is ....  :o
But of course I can be mistaken.......

I repeat, no reproach or anything like this battle, simply chosen as an example of more battles that can be seen in the forum ....

Yeah I mean mechanics changed a lot and if you dont finish someone he can repair and repair and repair so he has much more effective HP now compared to 1 year ago or so...

What these 19 guys did is beyond me tho.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Yeah I mean mechanics changed a lot and if you dont finish someone he can repair and repair and repair so he has much more effective HP now compared to 1 year ago or so...

What these 19 guys did is beyond me tho.

So if people considere normal this kind of battles, my face change from............ :o........... to ........... :(

This is not an age of sails game........ This is space invaders with sail ships......

Thanks Jon for your reponse and comments.....

Edit: Mariachi, sorry for the off topic....

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya

17 minutes ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

So if people considere normal this kind of battles, my face change from............ :o........... to ........... :(

This is not an age of sails game........

What are you talking about?
Little brig Mercury fend off attacks by two turkish ships of the line and escaped, seriously damaging both of them. 
Nelson destroyed a much bigger enemy fleet with minimal losses at trafalgar.
There are multiple cases of engagements where much smaller ships defeating large enemies or small groups of ships destroying larger fleets, like Little cutter Speedy winning against a 36 gun el gamo

Skill add up and if your opponents make a lot of mistakes you capitalize on them, this is an example of such battle. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Little brig Mercury fend off attacks by two turkish ships of the line and escaped, seriously damaging both of them. 
There are multiple cases of engagements where much smaller ships defeating large enemies or small groups of ships destroying larger fleets, like Little cutter Speedy winning against a 36 gun el gamo, or british frigates raiding harbors with much bigger fleets present.

Skill adds up and if your opponents make a lot of mistakes you capitalize on them, this is an example of such battle. 

9 minutes ago, jonnysweden said:

Its just bots fight better in naval action than most players. You are on the pve server; you always face strong smart opponents

I played PVP from January 2016 to last wipe some months ago..... Due my lack of time, i had to play PVE or let the game.... I'm not a PVE player, I know what I'm  talking about.............. Now I'm playing again PVP.... And watchig ridiculous battles on fórum, I asked Why....  Just that.

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya

9 minutes ago, admin said:

There are multiple cases of engagements where much smaller ships defeating large enemies or small groups of ships destroying larger fleets, like Little cutter Speedy winning against a 36 gun el gamo, or british frigates raiding harbors with much bigger fleets present.

Skill adds up and if your opponents make a lot of mistakes you capitalize on them, this is an example of such battle. 

I'm talking about I see, if you don't like it, sorry....

These acts that you say, you can count with your fingers of one hand in hundred of years..... Are called heroic acts....... Please, watch the fórum battles........ This is ridiculous.......... But my ask was just to clarify why I see this on my return so different than old battles......... Now all is clear, thanks.........

11 minutes ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

These acts that you say, you can count with your fingers of one hand in hundred of years..... Are called heroic acts....... Please, watch the fórum battles........ This is ridiculous.......... But my ask was just to clarify why I see this on my return so different than old battles......... Now all is clear, thanks.........

Thats why people only post their heroic battles here. Because they are rare and awesome.

1. Lucky captain had 2-3+ battles during his career (if he was living during the war period)
  2. Average captain never saw a battle and was healing his crew from hernia on patrols

In game you see a lot of battles. You can see so many battles in game that all British navy captains combined have not seen from 1780 till 1820 
Sometimes you will face enemy who makes a lot of mistakes so you can brag about them on forums. 

You seem to want us to make a game where you only have 1 battle in 10 years, because its historical. Its possible.. 
But its impossible to make all players immediately smart - and sometimes small fleets will win against overwhelming forces. Like it was in real life. The fact that you don't like real life combat scenarios is fine. everyone has his own opinion.

• Like 2