Game-Labs Forum

The War On Christmas

Nerdwing

The War On Christmas came to a grisly and hard-fought close today, as the British port of Saint Nicolas fell to Pirates who took advantage of the BR system to stack ships undercrewed, continuing the ongoing tradition of port battles being unfun for either side.  

Analyst sources suggest that this tactic may reel its head again in the future performed by attacking British forces, where the Pirates will then decry it as foul and "Gaming the system".  

The fall of Saint Nicolas represents the loss of a valuable iron-producing port which was almost immediately put to use by the new occupiers and merchants who thought they'd be clever to buy out the iron and sell it at a huge mark-up later on, telling themselves they were playing EVE online and performing a grand market heist rather than just being pricks who were screwing over the community.

Edited by Nerdwing
  • Like 1

scale BR of the ship to it's crew (cannot exceed original BR if over-crewed)

ie ship with 300BR with a capt who can only muster 50% of the max crew = 150BR

the math is already in place in game and calculates the percentage on your ship screen when in port

end of problem

Agreed in full :)

• Like 1

I think that the Port Battle system needs a complete overhaul because it is currently not fit for purpose.

I think that the tactic used by under crewing large ships may be a questionable one but it is a legitimate one which has been used by many Nations. I think it is better than the tactic of fleeing to every corner of the map in order to run out the timer instead of fighting is a more shady tactic which has been deployed by certain nations on a regular basis. 

I think it is better than the tactic of fleeing to every corner of the map in order to run out the timer instead of fighting is a more shady tactic which has been deployed by certain nations on a regular basis. 

SLRN *COUGH*

<3

• Like 1

I understand you had 19 undermanned 3rd Rates.... that's lot of preparation time. Good job!

I have no idea, a good number of us didn't find out until it started, and by that point didn't feel like sailing down. If that was the case, then the Brits should have been ready and could have easily defended it.

scale BR of the ship to it's crew (cannot exceed original BR if over-crewed)

ie ship with 300BR with a capt who can only muster 50% of the max crew = 150BR

the math is already in place in game and calculates the percentage on your ship screen when in port

end of problem

Only for purposes of PB victory ratio, however.  It would not be amusing to join an even BR fight on OS and find that one side is actually stacked with under-crewed third rates.

Heh, you shoulda seen what I had to say to them to get them to actually fight us AFTER the PB. 

You mean when we all jumped in a battle against you guys while you childishly flamed us and we beat you very badly? But then suddenly you didn't care about your ships?

Shown here: http://i.imgur.com/mT1aPMQ.jpg

I think that the Port Battle system needs a complete overhaul because it is currently not fit for purpose.

I think that the tactic used by under crewing large ships may be a questionable one but it is a legitimate one which has been used by many Nations. I think it is better than the tactic of fleeing to every corner of the map in order to run out the timer instead of fighting is a more shady tactic which has been deployed by certain nations on a regular basis. 

SLRN *COUGH*

<3

If I can just remind you that you guys invented the ''run out the clock'' tactic at nippes pre-wipe, when you ran 2 nights in a row, which caused us to invent the ''Undercrew BR Spam'' tactic and rush the tower with 15+ first rates the 3rd night,

Edited by Ian2492

You mean when we all jumped in a battle against you guys while you childishly flamed us and we beat you very badly? But then suddenly you didn't care about your ships?

Shown here: http://i.imgur.com/mT1aPMQ.jpg

If I can just remind you that you guys invented the ''run out the clock'' tactic at nippes pre-wipe, when you ran 2 nights in a row, which caused us to invent the ''Undercrew BR Spam'' tactic and rush the tower with 15+ first rates the 3rd night,

It's amazing that you're still crying over that too. You guys really are quite sad and I enjoyed myself immensely.  Your win seemed like more of a  cultural loss to me. Since you're so concerned about my ships I'll let you know I replaced that Cerberus about 20 seconds after the battle ended. Thanks for the concern, but I highly suggest you stick to role playing like you're in the actual Royal Navy instead of "flaming". 

"Go back to CoD, kid" lol

Edited by James T Skoll

I don't see myself crying about anything, nor being sad about anything. I was simply showing how your big talk wasn't translating in any kind of success through a factual battle result.

The 2nd paragraph wasn't directed at you, I just told the guy that said we were runners that we used his own tactics against him, like he used his against ours.

You're good at talking shit, good at trolling. We'll probably see each other on the high seas and some day maybe you'll be good at the game.