Game-Labs Forum

Teamattack reporting player

Dear Support,

i didnt find a function to report a player yet so i do it here via forum. I hope its ok.
If there is an other option... please let me know.

ive joined a pirate battle in the open sea for my missions.
An player who already joined the battle  threaten me and told me to leave him alone because its "his" battle.. otherwise he attacks me.
I think the pirate battles are free for everyone and that its not "his room" or iam wrong?

If that player did wrong.. then please teach him.
Thanks, Blindshot

post-17953-0-27270400-1454003761_thumb.png

bulletLogs.txt

Disgracefull behaviour of SLRN members, sorry you had this issue. Brits are always mean :c

It is his brig to capture sure but that does not give him the rights to attack you, co-operation would have been the right thing but well you get player like this in every game who rather rage and send abuse and grief. Egos... sigh. ;c

Pirate nation has nice people in *hint hint* Like me! <3

Hope you have better luck in future!

From Salzi - Lord protector of Frozen Cay, of the Elsa's Warrior.

I don't join other's battles, unless the BR's are unbalanced in favor of the other faction. If he was doing one of his missions, your helping him just reduces the amount of xp he can get from damage.  If this has happened to him before, it could explain his attitude towards you.

• Like 1

Honestly, Barhidious did warn you he does not want your help, and he did got to the prize first.

If you have the right to invade "not his room" then he has the right to invade you. You cannot play both cards at once. On one hand you refuse to cooperate with him, and on the other you expect him to be punished for not cooperating with you?

• Like 1

Honestly, Barhidious did warn you he does not want your help, and he did got to the prize first.

If you have the right to invade "not his room" then he has the right to invade you. You cannot play both cards at once. On one hand you refuse to cooperate with him, and on the other you expect him to be punished for not cooperating with you?

Unless by mutual consent, green on green damage is flat out not allowed. Doesn't matter who invaded whom.  He does NOT have the right to "invade you" as you put it.

• Like 3

Unless by mutual consent, green on green damage is flat out not allowed. Doesn't matter who invaded whom.  He does NOT have the right to "invade you" as you put it.

Let me get this straight - in case of green on green the player is first demoted to pirate and THEN also tried and risks further punishment?

Nevertheless, problem of people stealing others prizes is well known and acknowledged by the developers, I would be very concerned to find the following case bring fruition. The ability to straight up steal other people's prize (with no input or help whatsoever) is enough as it is, seeing these people actually gaining support and being able to "demand the right to steal" and see these disagreeing punished... need I continue?

Obviously we have no idea of blindshot's intentions. As much as I am tempted to say that they couldn't be cooperative - as who tries to forcefully cooperate with someone who clearly doesn't want it? - I am biased in the matter. It is nevertheless obvious to me that the case on display is a direct result of before mentioned problem of thievery.

Let me get this straight - in case of green on green the player is first demoted to pirate and THEN also tried and risks further punishment?

Nevertheless, problem of people stealing others prizes is well known and acknowledged by the developers, I would be very concerned to find the following case bring fruition. The ability to straight up steal other people's prize (with no input or help whatsoever) is enough as it is, seeing these people actually gaining support and being able to "demand the right to steal" and see these disagreeing punished... need I continue?

Obviously we have no idea of blindshot's intentions. As much as I am tempted to say that they couldn't be cooperative - as who tries to forcefully cooperate with someone who clearly doesn't want it? - I am biased in the matter. It is nevertheless obvious to me that the case on display is a direct result of before mentioned problem of thievery.

Once inside an instance, I don't think there is any mechanic to apply a Pirate flag if you damage friendlies.  There is supposed to be a weekly automated process that might do this, however.  You can "legitimately" become a pirate by attacking a friendly on the Open Sea.  But once inside a battle, you are expected to aid anyone that is green to the best of your abilities.  This is due to game mechanics that put greens in very close proximity - it can be abused if green on green is allowed.

Once inside an instance, I don't think there is any mechanic to apply a Pirate flag if you damage friendlies.  There is supposed to be a weekly automated process that might do this, however.  You can "legitimately" become a pirate by attacking a friendly on the Open Sea.  But once inside a battle, you are expected to aid anyone that is green to the best of your abilities.  This is due to game mechanics that put greens in very close proximity - it can be abused if green on green is allowed.

Oh interesting. So it's more a mechanic to prevent an exploit of the starting position of the ships?

If that's the case why can't they just make the starting positions more dependent on where you enter a battle from the open map?

(I realize it's probably with good reason when you know all the dirty details)

I see. I was under the impression that too much FF inside an instance would strip you of nation as well.

this pirate battles ar pve and random generated or? if its not limited to one person and open for all then i think there is nothing like "thats my room".. otherwise it would be closed.

Those battle are mission that you take on ports, unfortunately we can't close the mission, otherwise, trust me you won't be able to enter.

Doesn't mean that you are espected to join if the BR are already in favor to the "non-pirate" side, so many peoples steal the prize of other players, so that this is the reason why barhidious told you that he don't want help, however i understand that he should not have demasted you.

Something really bad actually, is that even if someone steal your prize you can't say or do anything to prevent that, just hope to find some mature players that are not going to steal tour prize, wich is rare.

• Like 2

This is the kind of thread I'm talking about in the open world thread I made. Admins please either do something about this.

You've added this to stop people from griefing each other but as you can clearly see by all these tribunal threads what you've really done is allowed the griefers to have a better method of Grief. Normally we would be able to just kill griefers and be done with them.

You are protecting griefers with these rules.

Blindshot....you!!!! did the failur because you entered his admirality mission that was going on. The mission was NOT yours. yours would have an name like "event" inside.

After not disengaging despite his request...you had the consequence.

He was first in his mission. It was not yours.you did not disengage.....live with the result

• Like 1

...but is very frustrating to see the ship that you killed all crew captured by others, after 30 mins of battle...

Anytime I enter in another instance, after the hail, I ask if they want to board or sink, I think this is the right behavior...but if you try to stole my ship, after I worked hard to make a good boarding, sorry but this is an infamous

• Like 2

Maybe that's not the right topic and I apologize in davance for this, but please fix the admiralty missions asap, so that anyone can enter them except for your group. And please set the timer to enter normal instances in 1 minute, so we will have less ganking, less griefing and less toxic behaviour or tribunal cases. Again my apologies for being out of topic.  

What people fail to realize is that there is a reason for the battle and that you might not have the full story.  Simply jumping into a battle without any background information is probably a bad idea. Must someone stop and have tea with you and explain "The pirate on this ship has kidnapped my wife and I need to board that ship with minimal damage as to not kill her"?

Must there be all this formal conversation in the heat of a battle.

Maybe we should not be so rash to pass judgement.

safe sailing

well i didnt knew that those battles were admiral orders from other players.. i understand his anger and teamattack yesterday if its his private mission. Game mechanics are to blame not the player this time.
Yesterday it happend to me aswell. did killed whole crew on a ship, almost captured it then it been stolen by an other player that did wait near my ship :D but ok^^ will first wait the first few min and wait if someone is gonna join and after that decide what to do with the enemy. sinking or capturing

This is the kind of thread I'm talking about in the open world thread I made. Admins please either do something about this.

You've added this to stop people from griefing each other but as you can clearly see by all these tribunal threads what you've really done is allowed the griefers to have a better method of Grief. Normally we would be able to just kill griefers and be done with them.

You are protecting griefers with these rules.

No.  You are not going to spin this around like that.  Allowing this kind of damage would drive just about every player right away.  Might does not make right sir, anyone doing this will be dealt with.  Period.

• Like 1

Blindshot....you!!!! did the failur because you entered his admirality mission that was going on. The mission was NOT yours. yours would have an name like "event" inside.

After not disengaging despite his request...you had the consequence.

He was first in his mission. It was not yours.you did not disengage.....live with the result

You are aware that what you call "consequence" and "result" are actually strictly against the rules of the game that you have previously agreed to observe and uphold?

Game developers, please make it so that in the game mechanics the indicators regarding admiral missions battles are not visible to other players, except for team mates. These missions are training missions aren't they? The possibility to gain XP points and money. And please, release a brief basic manual as soon as possible were in the most important game features are explained to avoid this kind of misunderstandings and anger between good willing players. 

Edited by Swieb

Well I guess I better defend myself by telling my side of the story.

I was outside ile a veche capturing trader ships, my first battle was against a trader brig, pickle, and brig. I joined in as did blindshot and 1 other person. That was fine, in the end I needed the help of the other guy to deal with the brig and not let the trader ship get away. Blindshot as far as I could tell did not assist in the sinking of the ships. What he did do is when I was boarding the trader ship about to take it, intentionally rammed me away from the ship and gave me boarding interrupted. He then immediately boarded it himself and took the prize. 

I didn't do anything about it beside say that it was a dick move. 

So when I started my next battle against a trader brig, start killing it, then with 30 seconds left on the timer blindshot joins again. Being annoyed the told him not to pursue. When he did I fired a few shots at his sails to try to deter him. When he finally did not I demasted him. I then took my prize.

If it wasn't for the previous battle I would have left him be, even if that meant I lost the prize. But because the previous battle, he atleast looked like he knew exactly what he was doing by interrupting by boarding. I wasn't going to let him do it again, as I put forth all the work and get no reward.

Unfortunately I have no proof for my case as I was not aware I would be on trail for it.

That's how it happened from my point of view. If action needs to be taken as a result so be it, I acted as I saw fit.

If blindshot really did not have the intentions to intentionally mess with me than I apologise.

Edited by Barhidious

Well I guess I better defend myself by telling my side of the story.

I was outside ile a veche capturing trader ships, my first battle was against a trader brig, pickle, and brig. I joined in as did blindshot and 1 other person. That was fine, in the end I needed the help of the other guy to deal with the brig and not let the trader ship get away. Blindshot as far as I could tell did not assist in the sinking of the ships. What he did do is when I was boarding the trader ship about to take it, intentionally rammed me away from the ship and gave me boarding interrupted. He then immediately boarded it himself and took the prize. 

I didn't do anything about it beside say that it was a dick move. 

So when I started my next battle against a trader brig, start killing it, then with 30 seconds left on the timer blindshot joins again. Being annoyed the told him not to pursue. When he did I fired a few shots at his sails to try to deter him. When he finally did not I demasted him. I then took my prize.

If it wasn't for the previous battle I would have left him be, even if that meant I lost the prize. But because the previous battle, he atleast looked like he knew exactly what he was doing by interrupting by boarding. I wasn't going to let him do it again, as I put forth all the work and get no reward.

Unfortunately I have no proof for my case as I was not aware I would be on trail for it.

That's how it happened from my point of view. If action needs to be taken as a result so be it, I acted as I saw fit.

If blindshot really did not have the intentions to intentionally mess with me than I apologise.

Per the dev installed rule (which encourages people to grief), you are allowed to shoot them... you just can't sink them. So demasting them like you did is perfectly fine. But as I said, this rule is a HUGE grief problem. People can ram you and break your boarding and sink a ship you're boarding... and there's nothing you can do about it for fear of being banned for "green on green". That's absurd. The rule needs to state that you can NOT grief another player and if you do, you're fair game. Plain and simple. If they attack your prize that you lay claim to, you should get it.

A simple fix would be to have a "lay claim" button at the start... whoever clicks on it first gets it. Or, a loot roll function at the end that rolls for the cargo and ship (separate from one another).