Game-Labs Forum

Another request for more AI as the player base is scarce!!!!

Seriously i'm putting this in here again saying that there needs to be like a 5 or 6 times increase to the AI ships going around the map, every time i log and sail around their are a max of about 70 or 80 players and they are hardly seen and your lucky if you can see an AI in your search for them, i have gone to middle of the map in hope to find something but spending and hour or 2 to find a fleet or even be lucky to find a player is quite a joke and the biggest waste of a players time, frankly that is pathetic in terms of fun when you spend hours to find things to attack, if players are doing crafting then i guess they would be happy not having to worry about being attackets, i'm finding its very boring if you want to battle or kill anything ATM.

• Like 1

you say sail around in the game but then again if it wasn't so time consuming as it takes and hour or 2 or 3 to move to different areas then yes it would be fine but sailing around quite a few ports and be lucky to see any AI in and hour or 2 seems to me like a big waste of time, there are quite a few games out there where you can find activity and action and you log onto this atm and it seems like when you get out of port and see nothing and spend the time to have a look around like its boring and nothing is around let alone players to fine and fight, lets just say new players coming on and going well lets look for some AI to practice on and spending hours to find or engage let alone spend hours in the battle killing them or be killed will think this game is boring as it takes far to long to find and do things, surely you can see the theory on this and just not just put them in zones where you want traffic and pvp as that isn't a true sandbox to restrict people to go to where you want them.

There are 1537 bots on the open world. we might need to tune distribution so they prefer trading centers, capitals and regional capitals. 

But we believe in no handholding and think that players should try to find the hunting spot themselves - it is the part of the hunt for the enemy. 

2 suggesions

• If you want PVP just sail to Jeremie area, Road town and you will have enough pve and pvp every day. 
  • There are at least 6-8 areas with very good concentration of bots (i see the bot concentrations right now through our dev tools). You just have to find them. Feel free to share the places you know here in this topic - or keep them for yourself.  One of them has around 20-30 ships within 20 min sailing. 
  • Like 4

Well I hear what you are saying as far as time spent sailing around. As a US player I had to spend time sailing down from the US ports at first, but then I found several areas with plenty of bots and at times players. As admin notes there are areas with lots of players and/or bots. I wouldn't think of it as zones where the devs want you to be, rather there are proper trade routes that the bots are following so once you find one there will be plenty of ship traffic. Try going to the Windward passage (between Cuba and Haiti) lots of action there.

Edited by DeRuyter