Game-Labs Forum

new option for upcoming Officer slots, The Cabin Boy.

What be your thinking' maties?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. State your position

• Three cheers for the Cabin boy! The jolly little nipper!
    • nay, I prefer to do all the tedious drudgery of washing my linens myself, and serving my own food, and pouring my own grog, and running back to the cabin like an oaf every time I need something.

Yarrr,

In me readings, I came across some historical accounts that said that a good cabin boy was a well respected member of the crew. The reason being, that his effective service kept the Capn' happy, and therefore the crew was 'apply. Arrr.

I put forth that;

• The Cabin Boy should come in varying quality
  • The Cabin Boy should modify crew morale in some way. (e.g.) improved morale in boarding, or firefighting or some such.

Also, bear in mind that it is an option. If you don't' want a cabin boy on yer ship, you don't have to install him.

Any thoughts on his effect on the crew?

Edited by Pagan Pete

Maybe not obly the cabin boy, but also other "helping hands" for the captain; everyone thar read the Bolitho novels knows what I mean, keyword John Allday.

The personal coxswain, the servant & co, maybe also a flag lieutnant as admirality reward for reaching Admiral rank, should be one multiplier for morale and other really tiny extras.

How about getting a improvenent/a new captain's compagnion by time and service/ archievements?

Ahoy Pete nice to see you on the forums.

I think they should come in varying levels of quality, such as the quality being in their names:

• James the cabin boy wouldn't keep the cap'n and crew happy all that much
  • John keeps the cap'n and crew happier than James
  • Peter the cabin boy keeps cap'n and crew happier than John
  • Jake the cabin boy keeps the cap'n and crew very happy
  • Roger the cabin boy keeps the cap'n and crew at their highest spirits possible
Edited by ShiverMyTimber
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I already have mates whos main goal if they ever get to play this game will be to whip their cabin boy.... sadistic and even though they are joking 

I don't know what I would think if this actually happened as a feature. lol

Spare the rod spoil the child

Though the better cabin boys such as Roger wouldn't need so much whipping, unless the cap'n desired it.

Edited by ShiverMyTimber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great i deer, make it a long term up grade that can become better in time and also not only for moral but als for a trading % or crew health so cabin boy has 1 or 2 maybe even 3 treats % that evolve over time to a sir-ten max , so there can be a cabin boy for all players endevers

crew morale selling speed health of crew all the different endevers in the game

• Like 1