Game-Labs Forum

Videos and screenshots (formerly nda videos and screenshots)

Please post videos and screens you like a lot here

If we like them too - we will let them to be open to public and not subject the NDA (and maybe use them in our marketing as well)

CTRL - H  switches off UI for better visuals

ps - for Youtube please use unlisted video setting until it has been approved.

I don't want to do something that violates the NDA and I am brand new at making videos and posting to youtube or anywhere else but I want to try. My question is, is posting a video to youtube as unlisted intuitive or am I likely to screw it up as a new poster. I want to post stuff on forums but even when I take the video with absolute lowest quality recording, a simple tack is three times the file size the forums allow.

I hope the devs fix the sail setting order soon. Then we can reproduce all sorts of famous battle paintings in screenshots.

Hey..

we actually used the seamanship in the age of sail for sail setting order.

but if we are wrong we will fix it in the next 2-3 patches. 

Wind - screens are beautiful.. feel free to post them everywhere. 

Thanks!

You guys can use them too, I already started a VK group and spreading them fast inside Naval groups :D .

I will be making more, do you guys have a logo I can drop there? and make them as wallpapers?

Hey..

we actually used the seamanship in the age of sail for sail setting order.

but if we are wrong we will fix it in the next 2-3 patches. 

I have found the relevant passage, and I think someone read it backwards.

The passage was about taking in sail, not setting it. And of course, it's the same order, just reversed.

The first sails you take in are the royals and topgallants. That means they are the last sails you set.

The last sails you take in are the topsails. That means that you set them first.

Edit: Also see page 82, where the author discusses topsails individually. They are the first sail set and the last taken in.

I don't want to do something that violates the NDA and I am brand new at making videos and posting to youtube or anywhere else but I want to try. My question is, is posting a video to youtube as unlisted intuitive or am I likely to screw it up as a new poster. I want to post stuff on forums but even when I take the video with absolute lowest quality recording, a simple tack is three times the file size the forums allow.

I did an unlisted for my video on utube until i got approval.  I didn't get in trouble, but I get nervous about doing things the wrong way, cause i'm not sure either.   

If you want to upload a testing video then indeed pick unlisted option on youtube, noone will see it except those you shared the link with, e.g. other testers and devs here on the hidden forum

• 2 weeks later...