Game-Labs Forum

Updated to Open World but now don't have Sea Trials

Bacon

Hi I updated to Open World using the key provided via steam all worked ok could access the game fine, but how can I still keep the Sea Trials build as well. Its fun to have a few pvp battles on there from time to time.

• Like 1

He can't

to play sea trials you need to get back to the previous build. Disable the beta in properties 

Ah ok thanks is there no way to have both builds in steam, without reverting?

You can as well copy paste one of the builds into a seperate folder and decide wich .exe you klick.

That way you have both.

But I suggest you put the sea trials on a seperate since the OW is going to be updated a lot more frequent (I think sea trials is final anyways)

I have received my access code for openworld and entered it in Steam at the Beta's tab and enter the code.  Then click "check code" and received "Access code correct, private beta 'clean_Openworld is now available.  But in the drop down menu it says "None-Opt out of all beta programs" and no download, what is up with this?

Please help, Toggman

I have received my access code for openworld and entered it in Steam at the Beta's tab and enter the code.  Then click "check code" and received "Access code correct, private beta 'clean_Openworld is now available.  But in the drop down menu it says "None-Opt out of all beta programs" and no download, what is up with this?

Please help, Toggman

"None-Opt out of all beta programs" should be there, it corresponds to the Sea Trials #1 build.

But "clean_openworld" should be in the drop down menu too. This is the one you should select to participate to the Open World build.

You can as well copy paste one of the builds into a seperate folder and decide wich .exe you klick.

That way you have both.

But I suggest you put the sea trials on a seperate since the OW is going to be updated a lot more frequent (I think sea trials is final anyways)

If I roll back the build then copy to a separate folder how does the login work i use steam to login or will it work fine?

When I roll back the build to the previous one will my game progress in OW get wiped or is it in a separate directory?

All game progress is stored on the server.  The only thing you're doing is switching "versions" which target different game server modes.  You can switch back and forth at will with no ill effects.

Thanks  :D

• 1 month later...

All of a sudden I find myself in the Open World.   What happened to all my progress in sea trials??  Is there a manual or instructions on how and what to do in the Open World.  My first ship, Lynx has no guns for instance.

I am lost.   Any maps, compass, etc??   Totally Lost here.

Thanks for any help.

All of a sudden I find myself in the Open World.   What happened to all my progress in sea trials??  Is there a manual or instructions on how and what to do in the Open World.  My first ship, Lynx has no guns for instance.

I am lost.   Any maps, compass, etc??   Totally Lost here.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the early stage of the game, to get started buy your self some guns, bit tricky i know but there is a big tab at top of page in port that has the option for where you need to go, you want the one that says SHOP it is the area you buy things.... ships cannon and bolt on goodies. After buying cannon/ i thought basic lynx came with free 4lb'ers anyway?? Hit the sail button top center, then sail. First ship is free basic lynx is always free, and repairs to it are free

map >> https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=znKaQtPyLToc.kgARZbleaCZo

Edit  you do not see the guns on your ship in the OW at present, they are seen when you enter battle mode.

Edited by MikedaBike

There are players who think they fight on the open sea.

Not knowing that they have to attack enemy fleets first in order to get into a fighting instance

I see many ppl asking this question in the Help chat.

However there are so many videos which already describe the live of OW.

Just go ahead and check one out. You can learn a lot by simply checking what he does.