Game-Labs Forum

v1.5 Short Teaser

Here's something that needs fixing:

When the player or the AI does bombardment damage, and then the player reloads the map, like when opening the game, exiting a battle or exiting the designer, the damage done will be magically fixed to the maximum. This cannot be intentional, because it defeats the purpose of strike missions.

Also land combat needs fixing, because encircled provinces should not get new troops and troops should not be at full force if they are attacked from multiple fronts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE, give us the option to opt out of this upgrade, so we can finish version 1.4 campaigns we are currently playing.

I (and I expect many others) are tired of their hours spent playing a campaign, only to have it wipped out every time you make a major upgrade.

So please, give us a way to stop the pending upgrade from wiping out current campaigns!

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

so we can finish version 1.4 campaigns

Made even worst with mods, mod authors don’t always update their mod with each new version. Referring to gaming mod authors in general but also there is nothing to say that UAD mod authors will be here forever too! Not saying they won’t either, but time does go on.

Devs should list previous versions in Steam, not only for player campaigns, academy missions, shared designs and custom battles, but also for recently added mod listings.

Edited by Skeksis

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

PLEASE, give us the option to opt out of this upgrade, so we can finish version 1.4 campaigns we are currently playing.

My advice for anyone not wishing to update their game right away (to either finish a campaign first, or wait for mods to be updated) is to just disconnect Steam. That way your game will not be automatically updated.

If you want Steam online for other games, what you could do is set UAD to only update when you launch it, that way you can disconnect Steam whenever you want to play UAD, and keep it online for other games.

It's what I do so my campaign, using Baron's excellent Naval Arms Race mod, won't get messed up whenever there's a new patch.

Hope that helps!

If 1.5 is rolled out the same way to previous major patches there are a couple of things you can do to prevent a save wipe. If you make sure you aren’t opted into the beta branch on steam you should stay on 1.4 until 1.5 is pushed live. Once that happens the devs very helpfully have added the ability to roll back to the ‘previous stable version’ on steam which should take you back to 1.4. As for mods, for the Dreadnought Improvement Project I will try to make sure a 1.4 compatible version is available for those who need it :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

If 1.5 is rolled out the same way to previous major patches there are a couple of things you can do to prevent a save wipe. If you make sure you aren’t opted into the beta branch on steam you should stay on 1.4 until 1.5 is pushed live. Once that happens the devs very helpfully have added the ability to roll back to the ‘previous stable version’ on steam which should take you back to 1.4. As for mods, for the Dreadnought Improvement Project I will try to make sure a 1.4 compatible version is available for those who need it :)

I've should have checked, there are version listings now - after all these years. 

18 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Made even worst with mods, mod authors don’t always update their mod with each new version. Referring to gaming mod authors in general but also there is nothing to say that UAD mod authors will be here forever too! Not saying they won’t either, but time does go on.

Devs should list previous versions in Steam, not only for player campaigns, academy missions, shared designs and custom battles, but also for recently added mod listings.

If you are using STEAM, you can use the BETA tab to roll back to a previous version...   This has been Unlocked by the DEV since somewhere in the V1.4 update cycle.

You MAY be able to do that with GOG but I have exactly one game on GOG and it is 26 years old now so not a lot of updates to worry about :D

@Gregg

Edited by Pappystein

The game need some much polishing first!

A 360 map .... Flat-earther map is so annoying to play  currently to scroll all map west to east just to cross the Pacific line is game breaking.

Research need to be more focus on gun caliber, to have a choice on wish caliber you want to research for your nation.

Campaign need more balance economy, AI tF are often low fuel and a Turkey shoot, AI pose no real challenge for at less the 1890 -1915 period

Tb-DD never do a torpedo run to protect capitals ships, they stay at gun distance to be shout at. In fact in the campaign they serve what purpose, beside making TF too large

TF should be way much smaller, AI send most of the times all its ships in 1 or 2 big fleets. TF should have a limited number of ships, expect for rare occasion, ships are need in many place, on repaired and rarely we should encounter a monster fleet (always low fuel on top of that!).

Small nation should not used main-nation ship names, and we should be able to invaded them when they join a nation at war with us.

... new hulls are always good, but 1890 - 1910 the Dreadnought period, the namesake of this game, should be the main focus on this update, the game is so repetitive for all nations except France in this time frame.

Oh, it could be fun to have the Ottoman Empire and Brasil playable as main Nation....

Thanks for fixing the real problem of the game.

• Like 2

After playing some games in the current version, I have a feeling that current usage of naval budget feels somewhat wrong and has a place for rework/improvement.

We have naval budget. Thing with governmental budgets is that you are not supposed to hoard all that money in some stockpile - you use EVERYTHING because if you have any money left, that means that you are:

1) not using money efficiently - maybe higher ups should think about your replacement;

2) using money efficiently but receiving too much for your current needs so budget  for the next year should be cut.

Great Britain kept laying down new pre-dreadnoughts even at the time when Dreadnought project was already in development (speaking in game terms, dreadnought hull tech was ~6 months from completion - they used all the budget available to start building new Nelson-class ships and then suspended unfinished hulls to rush Dreadnought).

"Income" and "treasury" mechanics should be removed. You always use 100% of your naval budget, period. And here come sliders - where you define exact parts of budget, allocated to convoys, ship building, research, training and so on. They are interconnected so you move one slider right - others are moved to the left (ability to block one or few sliders from moving would be appreciated).

Some sliders should have "base minimum" - like, crew training, ship maintenance- you can't spare 0% on them (or maybe you could but then it should actively harm your crew pool/ship health respectively), others like convoys, research, shipbuilding and expanding naval yards may be put to 0%. IMO this way fund using becomes more complicated than "put everything to 100% the moment you can afford that and forget until end of campaign". 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpan_Alpaca said:

This is a great Idea, but then there should be also the ability for the ai to sense "blood in the water", so that if you go all in on tech and transport, other nation will want to wage war at you

4 hours ago, flaviohc16 said:

This is a great Idea, but then there should be also the ability for the ai to sense "blood in the water", so that if you go all in on tech and transport, other nation will want to wage war at you

Agree on this. Right now there is possibility to start the game with no navy at all and sit for 10 to 15 years just hoarding money (which as we figured out, doesn't work this way IRL) and waiting for GDP to grow while everyone else is beating each other to bloody pulp. It is a solid long-term strategy (ingame, ofc) especially for poorer countries - while everyone else would slow their growth, you sit and play clicker game and then jump into the fight with the cutting edge tech navy. 

• Like 2

I've got a very long list of things I want to see added to the game, but the big ones are:

-Steam Workshop support.
-Multiplayer Campaigns and Multiplayer Custom Battles.

-Wraparound cylindrical world map.

-The ability to do diplomacy and war with non-playable minor nations without having to wait for random events.

-Ability to reduce Unrest without waiting for random events (especially since Absolute Monarchies just randomly acquire Unrest for no reason).

-1870 or 1880 Campaign starts to include ICs (Casemate Ironclads) and BMs (Monitors) to the campaign.

Other suggestions I have, but didn't include on the previous list:

-16-inch guns for the US Modern Battlecruiser (especially since the earlier US Battlecruiser III has 16-inch guns, but the Modern Battlecruiser currently doesn't).

-Des Moines style superstructures for US Heavy Cruisers (as opposed to the scaled-down Iowa-class superstructures).

-Alaska style superstructures for the US Large Cruiser (as opposed to the scaled-down Iowa-class superstructures).

-Pennsylvania-class hulls for US Dreadnoughts and Modernized Dreadnoughts.

-If the US Modernized Dreadnought II is not meant to be the first South Dakota class (BB-49), replace the one English-looking US Experimental Dreadnought (and the current US Modernized Dreadnought II) with the South Dakota type hull. If it is supposed to represent the original South Dakota class, add a South Dakota style superstructure.

-North Carolina/ South Dakota (BB-57) style superstructures for the US Modern Battleship I, Modern Battleship II, and Fast Battleship hulls.

-Montana-style superstructures for the US Modern Battleship III and Super Battleship.

-8-inch guns for Light Cruisers, 12-inch guns for Heavy Cruisers, 16-inch guns for Battlecruisers.

-Scharnhorst-style superstructures and funnels for German Modern Battleships.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, AacornSoup said:

-The ability to do diplomacy and war with non-playable minor nations without having to wait for random events.

Yes!

This thing is being consistently asked for quite the time. If you don't engage into war, you simply sit and play a clicker game. One of reasons, I never pick an early 1890 start is that there are more minor powers and I can't do anything with them unless RNG blesses me and my run (usually it does not).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, basedana said:

imagine if one was able to play minors

That's going "a bit too far" but adding Ottoman Empire and Brazil as majors (with small economic) could add some interesting dynamics into the game. Maybe Netherlands as well (though, they are prone to dying in case of European war). 

• Like 1