Game-Labs Forum

v1.5 Short Teaser

On 2/20/2024 at 1:20 AM, AacornSoup said:

-The ability to do diplomacy and war with non-playable minor nations without having to wait for random events.

-Ability to reduce Unrest without waiting for random events (especially since Absolute Monarchies just randomly acquire Unrest for no reason).

100% Yes and this:

1920px-Derfflinger1916.thumb.png.840dbdb4c049497ef8c0ee219e0f7bbf.png

• Like 3

On 2/20/2024 at 7:29 AM, Deadpan_Alpaca said:

If you don't engage into war, you simply sit and play a clicker game.

In my original large list, I also mentioned the idea of Pirates, that were hostile to all major nations major and minor, randomly spawning with flotillas of 3-4 TBs or DDs led by a CL, and indiscriminately attacking shipping lanes, as an excuse to get the player Navy's fleet out of port and actually do something while at peace. Clearing out Pirates would be a cheap source of Naval Prestige, an easy way to reduce Unrest, and even improve relations with other countries (in whose waters the Pirates were operating).

And yes, there should be things like Pirates (and Counter-Piracy missions), Politicking (whether with playable nations, non-playable nations, or the player's own government), and other things to prevent the campaign from becoming a clicker game.

• Like 2

A couple of issues that has been bugging me for a while, which I would appreciate some feedback on and/or the devs have a look at.

1) During the campaign, and several battles into the war, naturally one's fleet becomes damaged and it is prudent to place the entire fleet into port to make repairs. In order to make sure no ships venure out against orders or my expressed permission, if possible, I place the entire fleet from 'Sea Patrol' to 'In being' in an attempt to stop any ships venturing to see, without the protection of the enire fleet.

However, I have found that:

a) This fails to stop the odd ship going to sea (and consequently against orders etc)' and getting involved in a sea action.

b) When a ship is under reparir, it is NOT POSSIBLE to change the instruction from 'Sea Control' to 'In Being'. Hence as soon as the repair is completed, off they go again, all by themselves, to sea.

Hence, it is tediously difficult to get the entire fleet up to 100% repair, BEFORE they venture out to sea.

If this happened in real life during WW1, the Grand Fleet would have picked-off the German High Seas fleet one-by-one!

I have entered a 'Bug Report' about this.

2) On another matter, I have also found that sometimes during a battle, if a ship is damaged (say to 20%+) one or more ships have an annyoing habit of of going around in circles in line-ahead formation, even though there is NO INDICATION or rudder damage. Despite clicking on the lead ship to get back in line and/or set them to go in one consistent direction, or changing the formation from line ahead parallel formation, they continue to circle each other. The only way about is to abort the battle and risk the consequences. Clicking the 'avoid' on or off has no impact on this issue. 

If anyone has any feedback or thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

b) When a ship is under reparir, it is NOT POSSIBLE to change the instruction from 'Sea Control' to 'In Being'. Hence as soon as the repair is completed, off they go again, all by themselves, to sea.

You can change it if you have another ship where you can set the Role. Select all ships you want to change plus the one ship where you can change it (Ctrl+Left Click), then click the button to change the Role on the one ship that allows it, it will be changed for all selected ships (unless they are at sea).

Edited by Tortenschachtel

Any hope for a possibility to keep the shielded gun mounts during the refits? Switching to oversized turets is something that just ruins the design! Either do not switch to the newest mount/gun automatically or let us choose if we want to stick with the old gun type!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

Any hope for a possibility to keep the shielded gun mounts during the refits? Switching to oversized turets is something that just ruins the design! Either do not switch to the newest mount/gun automatically or let us choose if we want to stick with the old gun type!

I think it would generally be useful to allow us to change between shielded guns mounts and full turrets for the secondaries in the designer (add a new level when selecting the secondaries to add - like centerline vs. side mount for the main guns). Not sure if this requires new models.

Edited by Tortenschachtel