Game-Labs Forum

'Wasa' 1628 Swedish Warship, (With Plans)

Ned Loe

And maybe it was a flaw, but it wasn't really the design, it was mainly because she had too many and heavy cannons for her weight.

I very much doubt it.

The substitution of 24-pounders for 12-pounders isn't going to makeup the difference between a safe ship and a terminally unstable one.

She was built too narrow, too sharp and too high.

On the other hand, Chapman designed some wonderfully maneuverable 60-gun ships, some of them named Wasa.

I very much doubt it.

The substitution of 24-pounders for 12-pounders isn't going to makeup the difference between a safe ship and a terminally unstable one.

She was built too narrow, too sharp and too high.

On the other hand, Chapman designed some wonderfully maneuverable 60-gun ships, some of them named Wasa.

I think why people want this ship and the dutch one is not because of guns or whatever but because of the look and i dont think a chapman design can solve that ... i wish we had at least one ship with the old lets call it galeon look even if it is not really good :)

I think why people want this ship and the dutch one is not because of guns or whatever but because of the look and i dont think a chapman design can solve that ... i wish we had at least one ship with the old lets call it galeon look even if it is not really good :)

The San Fernando design for a 60 gun ship from the 1720's is the closest you will probably get.

• 2 weeks later...

Her sister ship was wided about 1.5m and then it was working at this time it was try and error when building ships. the name off that ship was Applet.

The probem with the ship was not the guns but it was missing ballast that dident have any room for.

Edited by Kronans
  • Like 1