Game-Labs Forum

-=Beta v1.4 Planned for end of next week=-

Nick Thomadis

@Nick Thomadis

Please, bring back the initial French turrets that were BEFORE the 1.06 update!

AOt6COnJNOUQ.jpg?o=1

This is how it initially was & how it should have been now!

Besides, bring back the function that in Ship Designer the camera moves once the mouse reaches the screen edge.

Also in Custom Battle let the Unlock function really unlock everything for this or that ship type. So if I choose a certain year & a certain battleship hull I would like to have ALL battleships' towers/funnels/turrets/guns from all hulls/nations of that year be available for installation.

1895 year, I'm tired of this:

KOhacyVgyDYB.jpg?o=1

Why there cannot be many designs of same kind of gun be available & installable for ALL hulls of all nations of a certain year?
If one doesn't fit or looks stupid - try another one of same caliber. Why can't it be done after so many updates?

Why I can't have this gun choice to have this certain gun in those places? Yet it offers guns that barely fit & look stupid there....

rA3aP2V2g9UK.jpg?o=1

Why when using this hull as Russian ship it offers these guns yet this same hull as German ship it offers those guns one of which I want to have on that hull as Russian ship?

DXlIS7UPEoha.jpg?o=1

Why can't I choose the gun I want among ALL guns in the game of that caliber from that year?

I wan't to have this certain tower from other similar looking hull (which is not good) installed on this certain hull (which is better), why it's not possible?  

Iq8U57hh4Ql9.jpg?o=1

Why there was so many updates since early 2022 when I first tried this game, yet now these simple things still can't be done? Why when back then there were details that were compatible with each other & now they are not or not even available for some certain hull of a certain nation of a certain year?

Why when some stuff gets fixed indeed & all are happy, some new stuff gets implemented, yet some simple stuff I first encountered on my first time playing this game - keeps being ignored (no matter how many times it was mentioned on forum)?  Why some stuff that worked flawlessly back then, now is broken in form of certain elements not being compatible with each other?

Why changing turrets of French pre-dreadnought BBs in 1.06 update to something that doesn't fit anymore or looks historically wrong for those years?  Why I could recreate French 1890s BBs almost without problems, but after 1.06 I no longer can't?  Why mess up what was working perfectly before?

• Like 9

@Nick Thomadis

In 1.04 update after the request it was implemented that once the ship's status changes to "Sinking" it's speed would be slowing down gradually.

Now in current version, once the ship has a "Sinking" status, it's speed drops from, say, 15kn to 0kn right in the blink of an eye, again.

Is it possible to not break what was fixed long ago?

Also, what's this bug (in Custom Battles, as I play only them) - right when the battle starts the ship keeps rapidly bouncing (as a some toy boat on short waves) for some 15 seconds or until I click on anything or activate time acceleration.

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

@Nick Thomadis

Also, what's this bug (in Custom Battles, as I play only them) - right when the battle starts the ship keeps rapidly bouncing (as a some toy boat on short waves) for some 15 seconds or until I click on anything or activate time acceleration.

That is the physics engine loading in, it is a common issue in Unity games. Kerbal Space Program has similar problems when you load a ship and the physics engine loads you get a lot of wobble and shaking. If you wait on the pre battle screen (the one that shows after the AI has made its ships) for a few seconds you wont see the bouncy bouncy as much as the engine loads up in the background.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brothermunro said:

That is the physics engine loading in, it is a common issue in Unity games. Kerbal Space Program has similar problems when you load a ship and the physics engine loads you get a lot of wobble and shaking. If you wait on the pre battle screen (the one that shows after the AI has made its ships) for a few seconds you wont see the bouncy bouncy as much as the engine loads up in the background.

Funny I never encountered this a year ago while playing exactly the same...

@Nick Thomadis

I remember like in early 2022 I suggested for guns tilt ranges to be visible in the battle. Could something simple & much useful as that be finally implemented after so many updates, please?

This is how it looks when I simply hover mouse on the ship...

DB4T156Gb04i.jpg?o=1

Why not for a gun tilt range to be visible right there when I hover mouse on this or that gun?

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Meow said:

Funny I never encountered this a year ago while playing exactly the same...

The "bouncing boat" special bonus feature (bug) was introduced with patch 1.3, it's got something to do with the new weather and waves.
I don't think it's a big deal personally, it's just for a few seconds.

@Nick Thomadis

There's some bugs or not sure how to call it I just experienced while playing a custom battle, 1895 year.

I had a group of 3 BBs fighting, then I detached last ship from there & ordered to go etc, was catching up with other ships/groups, then went to that last BB & found it was just sailing away! I did select it's course to left or right but it wasn't responding & just keep sailing in straight line even though course line was curved to left or right. There was no ships near it so it shouldn't have been avoiding anything. It did respond to stop or to move backwards or again forwards, but wasn't turning anywhere as if the rudder was damaged - but there was no such sign of rudder damage & ship was perfectly alright at 88% & no flooding. Eventually I left it standing there far away from the rest.

Then while I kept attacking enemy BBs with 3 of my CLs (they have normal torpedoes amount, side+stern tubes, all not damaged), I soon noticed that they weren't firing torpedoes from tubes which had a ready/loaded sign (mode: aggressive & ships were within the torpedo range) even though they kept being in steady firing positions for enough time to fire just fine. I then noticed the amount of torpedoes per tube was kinda strange, like if they barely fired few, but before that there was a lot of torpedoes fired from these ships! It's as if the amount sign was showing incorrect amount of torpedoes per tubes or maybe those tubes were damaged but it was shown as if they were alright? There was a "Low Fuel" sign of those CLs that eventually refused to fire torpedoes, maybe it's somehow affect it?  I have no idea, it was exactly how I wrote.

Back to my that forgotten BB far away. I tried shifting the rudder left & right, switched on/off AI control, off/on/off avoid collision button, whatever that could make it respond & go to selected course - finally it started turning & I got it back to action.

That battle's result if it tells anything about the above...

QSdnEA8Bq4ie.jpg?o=1

Also, that issue when my & enemy ships are shooting each other (with misses being as most) & then some other ship gets in between & intersects the red aim line - it suddenly gets hit by every shell fired with 100% accuracy/penetration & its health goes from 100% to 0 in just few seconds - it as existed back in early 2022 when it was mentioned on forum several times, it still exists now just fine.

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:14 PM, Captain Meow said:

Also, that issue when my & enemy ships are shooting each other (with misses being as most) & then some other ship gets in between & intersects the red aim line - it suddenly gets hit by every shell fired with 100% accuracy/penetration & its health goes from 100% to 0 in just few seconds - it as existed back in early 2022 when it was mentioned on forum several times, it still exists now just fine.

Oh look @UnleashtheKraken they never fixed this at all 😛

• Like 2

@Nick Thomadis

Bug!

In Custom Battle 1BB vs 1BB, 1895, I keep noticing several times how my ship fired a torpedo - I heard the launch sound, the torpedo sign goes on reload but there's no trace of that torpedo anywhere, neither a Dud Torpedo note, yet enemy ship fires torpedoes just fine.

Maybe I should had the game restarted than trying to win that 1vs1 for over an hour?

Also could you fix that issue with the amount of torpedoes per tube?

For example my BB has 1 tube on port side, 1 on starboard side & 1 at the stern, I have Standard amount of torpedoes on board, which means it's 1 in each tube + 1 near each tube, 6 torpedoes in whole on board.

Yet in the battle on 3 torpedo signs it shows each having 6 torpedoes. This is not helping the issue which was addressed several times 1.5 years ago! I mean understanding/remembering which tube has which amount of torpedoes as my ship keeps firing them. 
It fired 1 from port side & 1 from stern, yet all 3 signs show 4 torpedoes available! So if I fired 2 times from port side then physically there's no torpedoes left for that tube, yet it shows there are & I keep positioning the ship to fire from port side now the 3rd time - it doesn't fire at all.

Please fix this!

Also, if it's hard to implement gun tilt ranges visible in the battle when I hover mouse over this or that gun, then implement a simpler solution - make the green "Aimed!" under the certain gun sign be of yellow colour if not all guns of that sign can shoot enemy ship.

I mean, my BB has 1 305mm turret on bow & 1 305mm turret on stern, it shows green "Aimed!" under the 305mm guns sign, but with how I positioned my ship only the front turret is actually aimed & is shooting while the rear one can't because of it's tilt range.  The only way to know it is to visually check if both fire together. So a yellow "Aimed" note under the 305mm sign would be much helpful, AT LEAST!

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

Also could you fix that issue with the amount of torpedoes per tube?

For example my BB has 1 tube on port side, 1 on starboard side & 1 at the stern, I have Standard amount of torpedoes on board, which means it's 1 in each tube + 1 near each tube, 6 torpedoes in whole on board.

Yet in the battle on 3 torpedo signs it shows each having 6 torpedoes. This is not helping the issue which was addressed several times 1.5 years ago! I mean understanding/remembering which tube has which amount of torpedoes as my ship keeps firing them. 
It fired 1 from port side & 1 from stern, yet all 3 signs show 4 torpedoes available! So if I fired 2 times from port side then physically there's no torpedoes left for that tube, yet it shows there are & I keep positioning the ship to fire from port side now the 3rd time - it doesn't fire at all.

Please fix this!

On this I always assumed its a general storage of / the sum of that ammunition.. torpedos in this case. So Its more a simplification in the game. Actually this is an advantage as well: you can fire the entire storage of a single tube over time.

This is from my observation though..

Yes the torpedo ammo ammount is not bugged at all. Each launcher adds ammo to the ship, you can fire the whole ammo with any launcher. If you have 6 torpedos it means you can fire those 6 from anywhere you want. Nothing wrong there.

As for torpedos just disapearing, you probably are too close to the enemy ship. They need some space towards the target.

So in the game, in my case, all 3 underwater tubes have 3 torpedoes in them ready, but 4 other torpedoes aren't assigned to any tube & stored together in a single place & could be moved to any empty tube across whole hull? Is that how it worked in real back then before WW1?

As for torpedos just disapearing, you probably are too close to the enemy ship. They need some space towards the target.

There was like 300-500meters between the ships, mine fired, launch sound was heard, launcher went on reload, but physically nothing was launched, yet enemy ship launched its torpedo from same range & it hit my ship.

Edited by Captain Meow

On 9/12/2023 at 4:21 PM, kineuhansen said:

any update on1.4

Don't rush þem. I'd raþer þey take 2 years to release 1.4 þan have þem not actually finish þe game.
If þey don't even give us a wrap-around map I'm going to stuff þe teams boss' mailbox wiþ physical letters demanding þat þey let þe game be finished.

Edited by Urst

21 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

There was like 300-500meters between the ships, mine fired, launch sound was heard, launcher went on reload, but physically nothing was launched, yet enemy ship launched its torpedo from same range & it hit my ship.

Did that happen once or is it reproducible ?

If only once it also could have been a dud-torpedo that prematurely exploded right after launch. If its reproducible you could try a Bugreport.

7 minutes ago, Captain Meow said:

Regarding dud torpedoes....

Custom battle, 1895 tech - I have a feeling that there's 50% of chance than each fired torpedo could be a dud one. Is that how it was back then?

Yes, and sometimes it was even worse. Early torpedoes were short-ranged, maintenance-heavy, finnicky weapons which often didn't make it to the target. When they did, they often failed to detonate.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cryadis said:

Did that happen once or is it reproducible ?

If only once it also could have been a dud-torpedo that prematurely exploded right after launch. If its reproducible you could try a Bugreport.

@Nick Thomadis It happens by itself & it just did again - the distance between 2 BBs were like 800 meters - mine fired a torpedo (I heard a launch sound & sign went on reload), yet I didn't see any trace of it nor splash nor Dud note, as if that torpedo simply went down vertically. Custom battle, 1895.

Couldn't in-game report in time...

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:14 PM, Captain Meow said:

@Nick Thomadis

In 1.04 update after the request it was implemented that once the ship's status changes to "Sinking" it's speed would be slowing down gradually.

Now in current version, once the ship has a "Sinking" status, it's speed drops from, say, 15kn to 0kn right in the blink of an eye, again.

Is it possible to not break what was fixed long ago?

@Nick Thomadis 

I think the sudden speed drop is directly related to the number of engines damaged, not just to "Sinking" status. My CL was doing fine a 22kn, then suddenly got badly hit - it showed it has 2 engines damaged & it speed suddenly dropped to 3kn.  Time acceleration was probably x3 but it doesn't matter when ship suddenly goes from 22kn to 3kn right in the next frame. Same goes for those who get "Sinking" status - as they get all 3 engines damaged their speed drops from any to around 0 in the next frame.

• Like 1