Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.3 Feedback<<<(Released)

Nick Thomadis

Can you ,please, improve torpedo avoidance logic. If torpedo targets lead ship, there is no need for following ships to make hard turns and leave formation. If second ship in division is targeted, why third ship is making hard turns and... leaving formation. Why ship avoiding torpedo just dont make a hard turn and line up at the end of formation, just Like they do when damaged?

• Like 3

In addition to the other overlay anomalies people have mentioned Central Italy doesn't change when taken.

Revolts on ungoverned territory never succeed. The whole unrest system needs examining. At first it seemed like unrest caused nations to fall apart to quickly, now 90% of the time they are succeeding so it might be an over correction. A major part of this might be the lack of transparency for the player. We can see the revolt icon in place but we cant see any information with a province in revolt. Revolts seem to happen quickly at about 50% unrest. What if we made it a little harder to generate unrest, but at about 35% to 55% only colonial territories could revolt. From 55% to 100% Core territories. Add a tool tip where it says how much population lives in the colonies vs home territories that lists out what provinces those are. The higher the unrest is means that more of the army in that territory will side with the rebels reducing government forces and a small part of the populace will join them, also dependent on unrest. Finally, organized rebellions (those that can form minor or major nations) in ungoverned territory should always succeed since there is no government there to oppose them. When a revolt is on going, give us a tool tip that shows us the size of the rebellion. Another good tool tip would be to show what a province's chance of rebellion is in the province information tab. Speaking of which a tab listing all our provinces in the politics screen giving us all the information of that we can see when moussing over provinces  and their relevant port information ie tonnage and what types of ships are there would be a great QOL change too.

the new US Heavy Cruiser Aft bridges can fit the 8 inch gun or any gun after 1935 due to the size of the gun and width of the gun turret always shows as a issue. but just the Aft Bridges have the issue other than that havnt found anything yet.

The New US Heavy Forward Bridge can not fit the 2 inch gun in the given area of the bridge also just tested that it can not fit in the given or game wont let just shows up red on the placement option.

screen_1920x1080_2023-05-03_18-34-45.png

screen_1920x1080_2023-05-03_18-34-53.png

screen_1920x1080_2023-05-03_18-34-55.png

Edited by baltic1284
New Information on testing
  • Like 1

Since this new 1.3 beta update, I am seeing a black bar above every time I start the game. Will vanish after a few seconds. Maybe is something related to my drivers, or something else. Didn't happen with the previous UAD versions, so I find it strange to see it only this in the 1.3 variants. Minor issue.

cHw0P9P.jpg

P4MJNK7.jpg

Two things here.

A ) Calm wind with moderate waves? The wave's size should be related to the wind speed.

B ) There are some graphical issues with the damage textures in 1.3 in comparison with previous versions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Since this new 1.3 beta update, I am seeing a black bar above every time I start the game. Will vanish after a few seconds. Maybe is something related to my drivers, or something else. Didn't happen with the previous UAD versions, so I find it strange to see it only this in the 1.3 variants. Minor issue.

cHw0P9P.jpg

P4MJNK7.jpg

Two things here.

A ) Calm wind with moderate waves? The wave's size should be related to the wind speed.

B ) There are some graphical issues with the damage textures in 1.3 in comparison with previous versions.

It must be a problem with the settings. Can you delete them so that the game can update them when it launches?

4 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It must be a problem with the settings. Can you delete them so that the game can update them when it launches?

Didn't work. It is strange that only happens in 1.3. I will reinstall the game to see if it works.

Just now, Nick Thomadis said:

Do you use your own mod over it? Can you try to see how it works without any mods?

I reinstall the game with the 1.2.9 version without the mod but with the reshade and I got the same issue. So it must be something I did or a driver issue from my pc. You can ignore this. Is probably only affecting me.

6 minutes ago, o Barão said:

I reinstall the game with the 1.2.9 version without the mod but with the reshade and I got the same issue. So it must be something I did or a driver issue from my pc. You can ignore this. Is probably only affecting me.

Ok, hope it will be something easy to fix.

• Like 1

It is strongly advised to clean up old designs and start a new campaign, in order to ensure a smooth and fast gameplay without inconsistencies and bugs.

Finding "old designs" by checking, shared, custom battles (or anywhere else), for every single year of every single nation, is somewhat cumbersome and something players might not want to do.

Adding a "Clear Cache" button would help players and ensure clean campaigns. And stop players cleaning by other means. Should be an UI option.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Ok, hope it will be something easy to fix.

Installing the latest Nvidia drivers fixed the issue.👍

UhLYsQl.jpg

The new targeting control towers only allow placing 4" inch guns or smaller in that position.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

Great that the backwards funnels on US Advanced Destroyer towers was fixed, but was also hoping that this Advanced Destroyer hull for the Soviet navy - while bigger on displacement - would allow for designs similar to Project 20 or Project 48. They need an option that has a quarter-length forecastle like the Destroyer III and IV hulls but with the tower parts of the Modern Destroyer hulls.

I don't want to seem like I'm repeating myself, but please remove or at least tweak the "Destroyer Attack" ambush missions you are forced to do at the start of turns. It makes no sense a bunch of destroyers yeeting themselves at a battleship in broad daylight hoping to get torpedo hits, aside from a great way to get a lot of destroyers sunk in the process, and it makes even less sense that there's a withdraw button that never works, how can't a bunch of destroyers disengage from a much slower battleship on the high seas? 

Now that we have a weather system, my suggestion is to always set these missions to night, and perhaps there is a time limited window where the enemy ship is steaming at "low readiness" or something where you can set up the ambush accordingly, after that time window ends its all guns blazing from the enemy ship. Not particularly realistic if the enemy ship has radar, but way more realistic than a bunch of destroyers having to charge at a fully alert, very angry battleship in broad daylight.

• Like 3

A lot of provinces don't change colours, in my last campaign:

Ukraine 

Central Italy

South Honshu 

Northern China.

Also in all my campaigns, France never has the -50% debuff in growth during wars. Not only that, but it says that they have 600k barrels of oil pro capita, when their only terrory that has oil is northern France.

Edited by flaviohc16

2 minutes ago, Warspite96 said:

I don't want to seem like I'm repeating myself, but please remove or at least tweak the "Destroyer Attack" ambush missions you are forced to do at the start of turns. It makes no sense a bunch of destroyers yeeting themselves at a battleship in broad daylight hoping to get torpedo hits, aside from a great way to get a lot of destroyers sunk in the process, and it makes even less sense that there's a withdraw button that never works, how can't a bunch of destroyers disengage from a much slower battleship on the high seas? 

Now that we have a weather system, my suggestion is to always set these missions to night, and perhaps there is a time limited window where the enemy ship is steaming at "low readiness" or something where you can set up the ambush accordingly, after that time window ends its all guns blazing from the enemy ship. Not particularly realistic if the enemy ship has radar, but way more realistic than a bunch of destroyers having to charge at a fully alert, very angry battleship in broad daylight.

You would be surprised. Destroyer captains are þe most aggressive captains and have a historical tendency of attacking þings MUCH larger þan þemselves wiþ little reguard for þeir actual chances of winning. And if Abreast was ACTUALLY ABREAST þen you'd be able to get all your DDs in-range to be able to actually make an attack run.
I've found þat BB and CA secondary guns are far too accurate and I can't get anyþing wiþin range to make a torpedo run unless it's at least a cruiser unless þe BB (and some CAs) is tunnel-visioning on anoþer ship.

1 minute ago, Urst said:

You would be surprised. Destroyer captains are þe most aggressive captains and have a historical tendency of attacking þings MUCH larger þan þemselves wiþ little reguard for þeir actual chances of winning. And if Abreast was ACTUALLY ABREAST þen you'd be able to get all your DDs in-range to be able to actually make an attack run.
I've found þat BB and CA secondary guns are far too accurate and I can't get anyþing wiþin range to make a torpedo run unless it's at least a cruiser unless þe BB (and some CAs) is tunnel-visioning on anoþer ship.

In a historical sense, there is very few engagements where destroyer captains have intentionally deployed to engage a much larger vessel, the sinking of the cruiser Haguro is probably the main example of this and that was done at night so the destroyers had a massive advantage with radar, unless you count early 20th century torpedo boats as DDs. In WW2, the vast majority of engagements where destroyers fought larger ships were either as part of fleet screens, or by being forced to when there are no larger ships present (Samar, for example).

You are correct that DD captains tend to be very aggressive, but this is often when they are forced to fight for their lives, otherwise generally I'd say they have the same will to live as any other ship captain and would prefer not to sail their tin can towards a ship that displaces more than their entire combined flotilla, and has guns specifically designed to counter them. 

• Like 1

as mentioned before, by myself and a few others; territories do not change overlay colour when ownership changes.
Please, do a complete run through of every region before you release 1.3

I will update this post after my 1890 speedrun:
Ukraine 
Central Italy
Southern Italy (changed colour to mine (US) when I successfully invaded Eastern Siciliy)
South Honshu 
Northern China
Canary Islands (this is the correct colour now when I continued my campaign b12->b13)

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

Is it possible to do so that when Major nations disovle, and colonies turn ungoverned, that they either automatically turn in to a proper Minor state or an instant revolution to turn them in to a minor state? whatever is easiest to do I guess

1 hour ago, Warspite96 said:

In a historical sense, there is very few engagements where destroyer captains have intentionally deployed to engage a much larger vessel, the sinking of the cruiser Haguro is probably the main example of this and that was done at night so the destroyers had a massive advantage with radar, unless you count early 20th century torpedo boats as DDs. In WW2, the vast majority of engagements where destroyers fought larger ships were either as part of fleet screens, or by being forced to when there are no larger ships present (Samar, for example).

You are correct that DD captains tend to be very aggressive, but this is often when they are forced to fight for their lives, otherwise generally I'd say they have the same will to live as any other ship captain and would prefer not to sail their tin can towards a ship that displaces more than their entire combined flotilla, and has guns specifically designed to counter them. 

Friend; Destroyer captains, at least in þe U.S. and British navies, are selected for aggression. Þey specifically put þe most aggressive captains in destroyers.
(So þey don't inadvertently get larger ships destroyed wiþ þeir particular brand of stupidity.)

Edited by Urst

9 minutes ago, Urst said:

Friend; Destroyer captains, at least in þe U.S. and British navies, are selected for aggression. Þey specifically put þe most aggressive captains in destroyers.
(So þey don't inadvertently get larger ships destroyed wiþ þeir particular brand of stupidity.)

That's.....true to an extent, but can you point out to me a time where a destroyer flotilla commander decided to risk his entire command to attack a force of battleships and cruisers as happens in this game? 

Again, it feels like you're getting your ideas on how destroyers operate based on battles like Guadalcanal or Samar or even Glowworm ramming Admiral Hipper, where destroyers were forced to engage much bigger ships because they had nowhere ro run or were caught by surprise and had to fight for their lives. Completely different to an independent destroyer command on the open sea trying to close down a battleship that very much knows they are there.