Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

Playing as IJN I'm not really liking Japan's ports. "Tokio" (why not Tokyo?), which I assume is Ishikawajima Naval Yard is almost impossible to access and honestly should be done away with. Hiroshima/Kure should be substituted instead since its missing and was considered a vital military port during the Sino and Russo wars.

Saw Germany in my campaign naming its ships like BB BB-585 or CL CL-1989 or even CA CL-2583 and so on. Is it because it ran out of ship names or is it some kind of bug (which looks quite likely due to use of the "CA CL" combination). What exactly happens when some nation runs out of ship names (they don't seem to have a lot if I got it right from the game files — roughly 30 to 50 names per ship type if we exclude those which use generic numbering). The factions in the game tend to build way more. 

Edited by Falconette

6 hours ago, Falconette said:

(which looks quite likely due to use of the "CA CL" combination)

This one is an old bug from 1.0.9 iirc
When a ship is sunk, its name is returned into the pool of available names. However, for some reason generic numbered names are not excluded from that, so when you sink CL-2583, there is a chance the AI will later build a ship of another class with the same name, hence CA CL-2583
Ship names seem to be limited to adjacent classes or something like that (i.e. a CL might have a DD name, but a BB can't)
However, when you later sink CA CL-2583, 'CL-2583' name is once again returned to the pool, except now as a CA name
I once saw an enemy BB named BB V-150 or something like that, so a BB with a DD name

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Abuse_Claws said:

This one is an old bug from 1.0.9 iirc
When a ship is sunk, its name is returned into the pool of available names. However, for some reason generic numbered names are not excluded from that, so when you sink CL-2583, there is a chance the AI will later build a ship of another class with the same name, hence CA CL-2583
Ship names seem to be limited to adjacent classes or something like that (i.e. a CL might have a DD name, but a BB can't)
However, when you later sink CA CL-2583, 'CL-2583' name is once again returned to the pool, except now as a CA name
I once saw an enemy BB named BB V-150 or something like that, so a BB with a DD name

Then surely the new holy grail is to sink the BB BB BC CA CL DD-999

On 2/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, JaM said:

Economy issues - reduce economy growth of certain large nations.. 20% economy growth USA has is very unrealistic. US had some great growth in the past, especially during WW2 and after, but it was never in such scope as in this game.. Implement a ceiling let say 10% max, or make it only possible to exceed 10% for a year or something like that.. Having 5billion income per month, with 300 billion in bank means money have no value whatsoever...

Think that's exclusively an US only issue, nations like Chinese Empire / Soviets literally get negative GDP growth during wars.

Also province income seems to have almost minimum impact on your naval income which makes war extremely unprofitable unless ur going after oil states.

So dev please make war a bit more profitable by showing us how much income are we getting from conquered states and increasing it by a bit.

Dunno if anybody else has mentioned this, but since the devs added caliber adjustments to the guns, I've noticed a weird thing with damage reporting on AI ships.

As you can see with the attached screenshot, the sunken AI ship reports hits from 2.3" and 3.3" guns, but my ships were equipped with 2.0" and 3.0" guns. It seems to be pulling the description from the ships own data instead - the sunken AI ship has 2.3" and 3.3" guns. (But it didn't shoot itself!)

Since ships can't have multiple sizes of guns within a class (no mounting 3.0" and 3.9" guns on the same hull, for instance) I'm guessing all hits from, say, 3.0-3.9" guns are recorded to one counter and then labelled with the ships own matching size?

I honestly think this is pretty minor, and I suspect it would be a lot of effort for minimal benefit to start recording every separate diameter of shell individually. But IMHO this could be labelled differently so it looks less wrong. 🙂

Loving the game. Suck it, haters.

20230214224251_1.jpg

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave P. said:

Dunno if anybody else has mentioned this, but since the devs added caliber adjustments to the guns, I've noticed a weird thing with damage reporting on AI ships.

As you can see with the attached screenshot, the sunken AI ship reports hits from 2.3" and 3.3" guns, but my ships were equipped with 2.0" and 3.0" guns. It seems to be pulling the description from the ships own data instead - the sunken AI ship has 2.3" and 3.3" guns. (But it didn't shoot itself!)

Since ships can't have multiple sizes of guns within a class (no mounting 3.0" and 3.9" guns on the same hull, for instance) I'm guessing all hits from, say, 3.0-3.9" guns are recorded to one counter and then labelled with the ships own matching size?

I honestly think this is pretty minor, and I suspect it would be a lot of effort for minimal benefit to start recording every separate diameter of shell individually. But IMHO this could be labelled differently so it looks less wrong. 🙂

Loving the game. Suck it, haters.

20230214224251_1.jpg

Just use the INT (Integer) function. 12.0 to 12.9 are all 12, as far as the damage indicator is concerned.

The problem with ships returning to the wrong port is still here. The ship is serving in the colony (Hong Cong). After the battle, she returns to Britain. Eventually all the ships end up in Britain. There is no one to protect the colony.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Population growth and the economy are still kinda broken. Soviet Union (yes, with its high percentage of army bonus) invaded AH with 25 million men vs. AH's 560k men. I have at least 10 million men in the armed forces... 

US 30 million and Qing with a crazy 40 million, and all except Qing, Spain, and AH (because they got invaded over and over again) have a minimum of 60 to the extent of 112 billion GDP.

The US in 1930 still wielded their old TB from 1899 and Pre Dreadnought ships from 1905, but it was not a problem because they had more than 500 ships, and deathstack although far better than before, it's still a problem as most of the time I met with a battlegroup with just 2 BB but with dozens of CLs and DDs because it's still below the crew limit.

Good Job so far!

Would still like to see some way to click on a fleet that is underneath another.  Changed my mind about where to send a large task force, but it is underneath a single CL so I will be wasting all of that fuel and time because I cannot select them again.

25 minutes ago, ZorinW said:

@Nick Thomadis Can you explain how this is still possible? Germany isn't far behind to this too. Most of those BBs are gigantic ships costing more than half a billion $. There is no fun in playing against such AI enemies. 

oM66aUK.jpg

If you play in Legendary, it seems the AI can become too powerful. If we rebalance the economy in a patch, then many saves will break, and so we need to rebalance in the next major patch.

18 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

If you play in Legendary, it seems the AI can become too powerful. If we rebalance the economy in a patch, then many saves will break, and so we need to rebalance in the next major patch.

That's in "Normal" difficulty.