Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming v1.10 news (Update: 20/12/2022)

Nick Thomadis

On 12/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

BALANCES & FIXES
- Work in Progress, they will be announced soon.

Please focus on this one!!! ^^ This will be the most important element!

This "Shared Designs" is very nice too! 

The rest is "eh, nice to have, cosmetic changes" 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:55 AM, Darth Khyron said:

That 's just me, of course. I am feeling a bit uncomfortable with that, something some of us Germans do.

This is forum about game with naval ships, but when I see this kind of comment the blood boiled in my veins. 

Anyway, the option to modify/turn on/off will be the best. 

Edited by Plazma
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Plazma said:

Please focus on this one!!! ^^ This will be the most important element!

This "Shared Designs" is very nice too! 

The rest is "eh, nice to have, cosmetic changes" 

This is forum about game with naval ships, but when I see this kind of comment the blood boiled in my veins. 

Anyway, the option to modify/turn on/off will be the best. 

Most of the features sounds pretty cool. It's just that no amount of cool new features will matter if 1.10 is another buggy POS. It should be at least as stable as 1.08. Some amount of bugs are understandable in an early access title, but 1.09 made the campaign basically unplayable. 

One more thing. If a player can give away their projects for AI, will players be able to exchange their ships? It would be interesting to make a set of ships for a friend and let him fight with them. Or, as we have already tried, to conduct a "battle of projects" with each other (in versions where the game files were not encrypted).

UPD: Sorry, I don't know English well, read it wrong right away. I read it again and saw the answer to my question! 😏

Edited by Grizli60rus

It would be even better if the game got steam workshop where we can downlaoad each others ships.

By the way, let's say I make a Ship for 1923....in campaign the year comes, AI unlocks the technologies to build my ship, and it builds it....how long should we expect the AI to use it? 4-8 years? Can it refit my ship? How much will it change when got refitted? 

I don't know what to expect since we crealry know that even  in the 1920s years, we still see the AI use 1890-1900 designed ships. Not even refitted just...the base ship as it came out with Mrk1 guns and everything. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PainKiller said:

It would be even better if the game got steam workshop where we can downlaoad each others ships.

By the way, let's say I make a Ship for 1923....in campaign the year comes, AI unlocks the technologies to build my ship, and it builds it....how long should we expect the AI to use it? 4-8 years? Can it refit my ship? How much will it change when got refitted? 

I don't know what to expect since we crealry know that even  in the 1920s years, we still see the AI use 1890-1900 designed ships. Not even refitted just...the base ship as it came out with Mrk1 guns and everything. 

im not trying to trash on anyone, but i been quite often been using my first ships in the 1890's, and ships from like 1898~ way late into 1910/early 1920's, way out of there prime, however, most of the time refitted within a year before deployment if not at worst case 3 years, and still dog on 1920's AI ships, heck some times these ships depending on the research/nation will still be better than my own more modern ships. (still want to use really badly "obsolete" items, some hauls are better, or filler etc, no reason to limit my option)

i think the real and honest issue is that the AI don't behave like what a human would do.. AI tend to stays in constant war regardless of settings the player picks, and unless you completely mothball your entire fleet, the wars start way earlier... the AI in a few turns will be in war, and start building a BOAT load (get it) of the same ships.. so starting of a game, they could build 30-40 of the same ship with already having 30 of those ships in the start of the game, and through the non stop wars, the ships getting damaged returning to ports, and new ships being made (models, and old versions), and the ai just lacking doing upgrades of there ships, at the end of the day due to the constant wars etc, it boils down that we get unmodified "POS" from the 1890's, and worst all "newbies" or "greens". and this is before the mechanics that are about to be changed, this is a general sense (things like doom stacks)

While in the same situation a person would see that "oh my ships are getting old, and i just need to mass refit my entire fleet or mothball until i need them/afford mass refitting", and have multi leveled upgrades regardless of in war or not.. a person may do 3-4 refits in a YEAR, while you might see the AI do one in the entire life of the ship. If the ships are in port why not refit the ships, most of the time a upgrade takes 1 month early game.

and the other questions.

• as long as they need to use it
  • it make sense that they can do lite refits but not entire ships, as needed
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

im not trying to trash on anyone, but i been quite often been using my first ships in the 1890's, and ships from like 1898~ way late into 1910/early 1920's, way out of there prime, however, most of the time refitted within a year before deployment if not at worst case 3 years, and still dog on 1920's AI ships, heck some times these ships depending on the research/nation will still be better than my own more modern ships. (still want to use really badly "obsolete" items, some hauls are better, or filler etc, no reason to limit my option)

i think the real and honest issue is that the AI don't behave like what a human would do.. AI tend to stays in constant war regardless of settings the player picks, and unless you completely mothball your entire fleet, the wars start way earlier... the AI in a few turns will be in war, and start building a BOAT load (get it) of the same ships.. so starting of a game, they could build 30-40 of the same ship with already having 30 of those ships in the start of the game, and through the non stop wars, the ships getting damaged returning to ports, and new ships being made (models, and old versions), and the ai just lacking doing upgrades of there ships, at the end of the day due to the constant wars etc, it boils down that we get unmodified "POS" from the 1890's, and worst all "newbies" or "greens". and this is before the mechanics that are about to be changed, this is a general sense (things like doom stacks)

While in the same situation a person would see that "oh my ships are getting old, and i just need to mass refit my entire fleet or mothball until i need them/afford mass refitting", and have multi leveled upgrades regardless of in war or not.. a person may do 3-4 refits in a YEAR, while you might see the AI do one in the entire life of the ship. If the ships are in port why not refit the ships, most of the time a upgrade takes 1 month early game.

and the other questions.

• as long as they need to use it
  • it make sense that they can do lite refits but not entire ships, as needed

In fact, I can say that sometimes the AI makes upgrades very often, especially if the ships are in port. The question is that often these upgrades are extremely doubtful, for example, AI rearranges main batteries, and gets a bad layout out of a good one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grizli60rus said:

By the way, another question (I'm sorry for asking nonsense). If we have oil in the game now, will there be tankers? It is clear that the priority of this task is probably zero, but it is interesting!

Coal was also a resource. Lack of it held Austro-Hungarian mostly inactive for most of the war. And devs didn't say anything about coal as resource.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lima said:

In fact, I can say that sometimes the AI makes upgrades very often, especially if the ships are in port. The question is that often these upgrades are extremely doubtful, for example, AI rearranges main batteries, and gets a bad layout out of a good one.

i have rarely seen upgrades for the AI even on the hardest difficulty... in the 30-40 campaigns that i have played in 1.09, with reasons i have so many is due to bugs an "update mission locks".. i have seen perhaps 4-5 refits? and all of the campaigns start in 1890.

and 3/5 were complete redesigns and not like a "passive upgrade" (same ship better stuff on it).

On 12/17/2022 at 2:53 PM, Zuikaku said:

Coal was also a resource. Lack of it held Austro-Hungarian mostly inactive for most of the war. And devs didn't say anything about coal as resource.

This could add balance and the need to find colonies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike5556 said:

This could add balance and the need to find colonies.

It could also force player to stick with coal if it can not provide enough oil. Oil fired boilers shoul'd also dramatically cut crew required for boiler rooms. Oil eliminate trimmers entirely and reduces stokers significantly. One of the decisive elements for switching shps to oil was lower manpower required which resulted in reduced expenses and higher profit.

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lima said:

Austria-Hungary: Oil? Coal? Why am I here, just to suffer?

Italy, Germany: We feel you, bro.

Japan: 🙃

I feel that Romania/Libya/Venezuela will be invaded many times in this game.

Ofcourse, you can import oil/coal from friendly and less friendly countries. And that is somewhat hard to do during the war. Or you can secure resources and get them for free. Hope this is going to be implemented.

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

Ofcourse, you can import oil/coal from friendly and less friendly countries. And that is somewhat hard to do during the war. Or you can secure resources and get them for free. Hope this is going to be implemented.

A very good balance is required. Nothing happens to the player, the player will find a way out. But something bad can happen to AI, which happens all the time, for example, in hoi4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lima said:

A very good balance is required. Nothing happens to the player, the player will find a way out. But something bad can happen to AI, which happens all the time, for example, in hoi4. 

Yes, the AI is already stumbling over the mechanics added in 1.9.X. It sends doomstacks half way around the world that end up without any fuel by the time they reach their destination. It can't maneuver these fleets in battle, so they typically loiter around in a giant blob and get shot at. 

Complexity is now being added to a feature the AI couldn't deal with in 1.9.X and that makes me nervous. 

• Like 2

Hello all, there is an update on our current progress.

The changelog has been finalized with the following additions:

NEW NAVAL ACADEMY MISSION

• A different fate”: Design a ship similar to USS Maine and defend against a force of more modern Spanish warships.

FIXES, BALANCES & MINOR ADDITIONS

• Fixed several issues which could cause turn lags or crashes in the campaign.
  • Fixed problems that could cause too much depletion of ammo / fuel in battles involving submarines.
  • Fixed supply of ships being too scarce in large voyages away from ports.
  • Fixed minefield damage being too much on some occasions. 
  • Reworked tension mechanics to work more subtly.
  • Fixed some ship targeting issues (mainly with the new Fire Control improvements).
  • Overall improvement on Battle AI and Campaign AI.
  • Fixed ship stalling caused by problems of evasion and formation logic.
  • Minor fixes on some hulls.
  • Added more new parts: funnels/towers for several early tech ships.
  • Various other minor fixes, improvements and optimizations.

Tomorrow 20/12/2022 we will offer the first beta.

Please note that the "Canals and Channels" new changes will not be added in the beta until they are ready.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

What about main cruiser batteries not firing if secondaries are not switched off?

This is something that was not consistent and not happening as you said, although other players reported it likewise. If secondaries created a lot of splashes then main guns accuracy could become so low and the ship would prefer to automatically save ammo, unless you put guns in aggressive mode. Anyways, you can test it in the beta if this bug happens, and we can look to it, if it is a bug.

• Like 1

What about ships moving way too slow on the world map? @Nick Thomadis

On 11/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, ZorinW said:

Has anyone else noticed that the time needed to travel a certain distance on the world map is way too slow? For example, my 1898 BB with a cruising speed of ~12 knots takes 16 turns (months!) to travel from Danzig to Tsingtau. The cruiser Fürst Bismarck with a similar top speed only took 1 1/2 months in 1900!

Fürst Bismarck was accompanied by two freighters, so their average speed as a group must have been 11 knots to make the journey in 42 days (~1 1/2 months). So yes, ships in UAD move WAY too slow across the globe.

65x7Pww.jpg

Edited by ZorinW