Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 5)

Nick Thomadis

44 minutes ago, Rucki said:

But thats under "WIP", I thought those two commands dont work yet at all ?

Well everything is kinda work in progress, if you open up HELP there is not a single point under CAMPAIGN that isn't WIP or None Fuctional. Refits for example are WIP aswel but they still work in campaign so why wouldn't these roles that :)

1 hour ago, Urst said:

He literally said that all saves would be reset.

Ah didn't realize there was another bug fix released.

Also, i thought we were supposed to set ships to a task force role and move them around. I can't seem to do this, no option.

I also can't move ships my clicking the port and clicking in a sea region. The dialog comes up and I can assign ships, but the move button is greyed out.

Admirals, another update is available.

UPDATE 5/3/2022

- Fixed bugs of refit that could make it unresponsive.
- Fixed bug that happened during the generation of the fleet or custom battles, which prevented those ships to be used due to higher tonnage than allowed in the shipyard. The auto-design system will adjust the size instead of rejecting the whole ship, creating issues in the fleet size of the campaign or absent ships in custom battles.
- Ships at sea have an increased 2x power projection so that they can help greatly in breaking a blockade.
- Ships at sea now correctly have increased cost in all situations (previously they had no increased costs if they participated in a battle).
- Some remaining issues which gave opposite vp in battles should be resolved.
- Improved the Auto-Resolve to provide overall better results.
- Unlocked all campaign years for immediate play (will work like this until we finalize the game). It is advised to start a new campaign to resolve previous bugs.
- New "Legendary" difficulty level added for the campaign.
- Improved further the mission generator for even more frequent battle action.
- Auto-Design is even more effective and consistent in its designs.
- Fixed some collider issues which could create part placement errors.
- Fixed a camera lagging issue in battle.
- Improved ship buoyancy (addressing rare issues of ships to be too high above water, possibly causing torpedoes to pass below them).
- Other minor fixes.

We will try to finalize the patch next week so it can be released Mid of this Month. Your feedback is always much appreciated.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I've notice that the auto designer is able to place guns in places where, no matter how hard you try, the designed doesn't allow you to place them. Is that a bug, or it is intentional to try to give the AI some edge over human made designs?

As an exmplae, I provide the auto designed armoured cruiser I got on my new A-H campaign. No matter how hard I've tried, I have failed to reproduce the gun placemente of the highlighted guns.

20220304235157_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The refit editor hates my turrets, says they are "too far from previous place" as soon as i enter the editer. the Q turret it doesn't mind for some reason, but i can't move or add main gun turrets anywhere else. At least tech i unlock is showing up to select.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Fangoriously
  • Like 1

Not sure if this was a problem before the most recent update, but it appears that refit changes happen instantly rather than after the refit is complete. If you refit a ship class and then enter a battle with ships of that class, all of the ships of the refit class will be the new refit version even if a new turn has not elapsed.

I also noted that gun uprages (Ex: Mk1->Mk2) cause some issues with refits. The change in gun style isn't up to choice, and often renders the current ship unable to be refit unless the gun calibre is changed to a Mk 1 gun that does fit. It would be nice to get an option in terms of gun styles, even if it means we don't get the next gun upgrade.

24 minutes ago, beepboop6 said:

If you are playing as Austria-Hungary, you Dont get BB in 1890 to start with as your shipyard is too small, but if you play against Austria-Hungary in the same time, they do get BB from the start. Is that intentional?

This has been fixed. with the new patch, the AI is capable to use beam-draught to make battleships of the adequate tonnage. If you play A-H, and use auto generate fleet on the campaign options, you get BBs aswell. And if you decide to create your own fleet, you can choose any other hull, lower the beam-draught sliders until the BB hull becomes available, and then start building your own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The PC Collector said:

This has been fixed. with the new patch, the AI is capable to use beam-draught to make battleships of the adequate tonnage. If you play A-H, and use auto generate fleet on the campaign options, you get BBs aswell. And if you decide to create your own fleet, you can choose any other hull, lower the beam-draught sliders until the BB hull becomes available, and then start building your own.

Ah, I never thought of doing that, although I did try just now with the new patch starting a campaign as A-H with an auto gen fleet and it didnt give me any BB, did give me like 21 CA's though. Thanks for the heads up though

1 minute ago, beepboop6 said:

Ah, I never thought of doing that, although I did try just now with the new patch starting a campaign as A-H with an auto gen fleet and it didnt give me any BB, did give me like 21 CA's though. Thanks for the heads up though

It didn't get you any BB? It was like the first thing I tried after the new patch was announced (Because I like A-H, and once the full campaign gets released it will likely become one of my most played nations), and I got 10 BBs. And pretty decent, I'd say.

4 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

The refit editor hates my turrets, says they are "too far from previous place" as soon as i enter the editer. the Q turret it doesn't mind for some reason, but i can't move or add main gun turrets anywhere else. At least tech i unlock is showing up to select.

Very clever turret placement for that hull. Mind if I borrow it? 😋

That design single handedly speed ran a 1910 campaign, i deployed them in groups of 6, and again and again faced groups of 40 ships with 2 to 3 times my tonage, until there literally wasn't a german or Austrian navy anymore and they beged for peace. 

Edited by Fangoriously

30 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

It didn't get you any BB? It was like the first thing I tried after the new patch was announced (Because I like A-H, and once the full campaign gets released it will likely become one of my most played nations), and I got 10 BBs. And pretty decent, I'd say.

Very clever turret placement for that hull. Mind if I borrow it? 😋

no BB's at all. Tbf though, I did have a campaign before the save wipe yesterday where I was playing A-H and was doing fine with no BB's. I tend to focus on TB swarms in the early years anyway, so wasnt too much of an issue

I'm playing a 1900 campaign as France and the Germans have BBs that have a pair of main guns and nothing else. No torpedoes and not a single secondary gun. Reasonable armour and good speed for the period and maximum bulkheads, so it's not necessarily a bad design, but certainly nothing I've ever seen the AI design before. Curious.

Considering how the AI almost never sends out BBs on their own, one could argue they left fighting off the smaller ships to their own smaller ships. ^^

Three years into a new camapign and the enemies are already seeking peace it would be nice with longer campaings

it would also be nice with heavy sea battles the biggest battles I have tried is 1: 4 it could be nice with 1: 8

Edited by danieljensen

grafik.thumb.png.6089ccb92c4e3e677d78a216aed2a458.png

Does this mean that wing- and center-line turrets now count into the same weapon group? oO

If not, consider it a bug-report.

If yes, YAY THANK YOU! :D

Edit: Guess it's a bit of both. CA 208 mm/8" guns (both single a twin, haven't tested tripple - that is a mix of all single OR all twin wing+center turrets, not a mix between single and double on the same ship) group together, but other guns seem to still seperate into wing and centerline groups.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

34 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Try fine-tuning with the shift key.

That's not going to help. There's a random box and line that won't go away. As though there's a piece of superstructure there or a funnel already implaced.

The rangefinder tower that shows up to the rear at higher displacements also can be built through now, so it's possible that that its collision was messed with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phelidai said:

Not sure if this was a problem before the most recent update, but it appears that refit changes happen instantly rather than after the refit is complete. If you refit a ship class and then enter a battle with ships of that class, all of the ships of the refit class will be the new refit version even if a new turn has not elapsed.

That appears to not be a 100% always for everyone kind of bug.

I just upgraded my (1900 Austria Hungary) BB and put one in refit, and the others are still the original template.