Game-Labs Forum

Danes need too cool it

"So you get ganked outside Baracoa by angry Danes. What should you do?"

A : Be more careful when you sail around that area
B : Find a safer port to do missions/farm NPCs from
C Learn how to tag NPC properly and throw their join circle on land 
D : Pretend everything is fine and that there is nothing you can do about it until you get sick of loosing your ships every day and make a post in the forums

Stay tuned to find out what the right answer is after the commercials!

Edited by Henry Long Castle
  • Like 3

Your experience is not too different from many British ports to be honest, Santiago de Cuba and Belize to name a couple. Being ganked and losing ships is part and parcel of this game - we've all been there. My characterisation of Naval Action is that it's Darwinian, you need to learn and adapt to grow and become better. One day you may be the ganker. If you're not motivated by that challenge then this is a tough game, and can be even when you are.

In the meantime it sounds like you need to change tactics. Operate from a different port or find the right time to sneak out in a fast ship. Better yet, team up with other players or a clan to clear the blockade, at least temporarily. I feel like most players who stick at this game would be comfortable trying any of these tactics. And, what you characterise as "bullying" is, I think, just other players enjoying the game, understanding that Baracoa presents them with a "target rich" environment, as challenging as that may be for Pirate players. 

Edited by Commodore Sixty Four
  • Like 3

If you are not happy with people attacking you in front of Baracoa, you can either call your buddies and sink them (your HDF-zone is nearby, you might pull the enemy in that) or go to another place that fits more to your play style.

... or you can sail to the other nations main ports and have some fights there...

This is a game about naval fights, so no reason to complain, when someone fights you. Pirates and Brits are in the center of the map, since day one there has been the majority of the battles. If you are looking for a nice, quite and relaxing place, maybe another nation might suit better. A pirate should know that the rest of the world wants to sink him, therefore he got the black flag.

• Like 4

I think the OP must be trolling. It's hard to believe anyone could expect players to stop attacking players on the War server.  We have a Peace server for those who dislike getting attacked.

Rules for PvP server:

1) Don't risk what you don't want to lose.

2) You will be sunk, captured, and ganked.  Repeatedly.

• Like 2

The pirate nation is the best one for getting instant pvp. You dont even have to sail anywhere to get it. Just log on, jump to baracoa and the whole world does the sailing for you. If you want big fights sail out from baracoa. If you want small fights sail out from mortimer town. 

You have the greatest luxury of all. You dont have to waste your time sailing to anyone because everyone is coming to you. 

You also allways see how many of the enemy are there and you mostly can get reinforcements right from the port. No other nation has that luxury. When the danes go to baracoa, you see how many they are and what ships they are in. So you can adjust your forces accordingly. If you see 3rdrates you can come in 1strates. if you see 5 players you can go with 8. You can pick what fights you take. Everyone else is stuck with what they sail there. 

If you dont use that to your advantage and just crush the enemys at baracoa i cant help you. Get your friends together, look what the enemy setup is and attack them in larger force. You can even catch them from 2 sides, from the north and the south, so you guarantee you have the wind. Listen to Mr.Gipps and players that are as good as him. They can show you what to do and how to beat the danes. 

You have all the advantages. I am trying to make you see how blessed you are. If i had a nation changer, i would immediately go pirate, the Baracoa situation would be just perfect for me since i hate sailing on the ow and i love fighting. You pirates have the greatest location ever. Use it to your advantage and enjoy the enemies melt like flies. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 7:01 PM, GMUNKY said:

i think the OP has a point and its just bullying ,, same happens all over the map

Bullying is when its noobs at a capital zone, if you think Baracoa is bad, try SDC or Belieze  its no different there. just have to learn to avoid those places if you want peace and quite

LOL this thread...

1. You joined Pirate Nation... they are strategically located to receive PvP from ALL neighbors.

2. Baracoa is closest to La Tortue -a deep water free port where people love to PvP.

3. You're in the PvP server matey.... If you don't want to lose a ship don't take it out of port. That's the one simple rule... Easy.

I hardly bothered with Baracoa when I was in Pirates... because who wants to try and leave a port when there are a half-dozen or more enemy ships just waiting to tag you right there?