Game-Labs Forum

Has the power of DLC been cut?

I have been verifying that when launching the DLC ships, for some time they have never appeared to me with characteristics, always blue, and with port bonuses becoming more and more scarce.

This "feeling" has been in the last 20 launches.

Can you confirm any DEV if this is so?

Greetings to all.

Let's be clear. If a player pays 50 euros for the Victory classic and 42 euros for the Redoutable and other DLCs, we must at least be able to choose between ALL the woods (even the new ones) and that often purple and gold ships come out.

Between these 2 DLCs you have practically paid three games. And this would be beneficial for almost all players, because almost all of us have bought DLC's.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

we must at least be able to choose between ALL the woods (even the new ones)

Nope.

New woods have only reason to exist because they are restricted to crafting.

Also you prepare the grounds for heavy 'Paid-to-win' accusations if even rare woods become another advantage in an already advantageous sum of characteristics of DLC ships. I really think we have enough of them already.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Let's be clear. If a player pays 50 euros for the Victory classic and 42 euros for the Redoutable and other DLCs, we must at least be able to choose between ALL the woods (even the new ones) and that often purple and gold ships come out.

If you pay that much you are obviously a fan of the game and like the nice new models.

Everything else would be pay2win

Edited by Corona Lisa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I really think we have enough of them already.

We have more than enough with the previous woods.

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

'Paid-to-win'

4 minutes ago, Corona Lisa said:

pay2win

Pay to win is to buy the game, look at the map as it currently is and go to the strongest and most numerous factions.

I repeat, practically all of us have DLC's, you can't talk about pay to win. Saludos.

363/5000

The DLC should not be able to be disassembled, or in case of doing so, they should not give materials and / or always wait 24 hours to be able to throw the next one.

But a player should be able to use their DLC in conditions similar to all other ships on the server. I have been realizing for a long time that this is not the case.

Obviously I have halted all new DLC purchases due to this.

only thing you should get from breaking up a DLC is a permit.

No more silly 500+ seasoned woods drop p2w

+ should you want to spend the resources on the ship yourself but in return get the port bonusses you want, you could do so

But I suppose that ship has sailed by now (Or is it broken up yet?)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

That's why they don't publish exact stats for DLC ships anymore

It is the same, it can be compared even seeing the boats for sale in the ports.

The first thing I will do as soon as the DLC-trinco comes out, is to compare them with the ones I have stored to draw definitive conclusions.

1 minute ago, Torrente said:
It is the same, it can be compared even seeing the boats for sale in the ports.

The first thing I will do as soon as the DLC-trinco comes out, is to compare them with the ones I have stored to draw definitive conclusions.

its literally the same ship just with random port bonusses + you can choose the woods

23 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Changing DLC content after they got published is a minefield. Devs won't touch that.

People go crazy over much smaller issues. Still I can say I agree with Liq.

Devs keep changing the game big time. So, they have already triggered all the mines.

Non-ship DLC will remain unchanged I guess. Ship DLCs might and should (imho) be fine-tuned in line with changes in main game. To begin with, DLC ships should not be breakable. That is wrong. Period! (btw, I owe quite a few DLC ships).