Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

5 hours ago, admin said:
  • Victory marks removed from all investment requirements
  • Victory mark grants removed for port ownership
  • Port battle transport added at test price of 25000 doubloons per item

while i don't mind the change in "port battle transport" at all, since i have no use for it as i'm on the spot for portbattles anyway when i do the hostility the day before...

i have some questions regarding the victory marks.

since they have no use at all now, can we have

1. some kind of new reward for the captured ports? itwas kinda nice to at least get something each week (maybe 1000 doubloons ,  1 million reals or 1 combat medals for each port)? this could probably motivate people too if they at least get some reward for participating

2.  some way to exchange our current victory marks for maybe doubloons / combat medals if they won't get a new use? i mean the other way around still exists in the admiralty

grafik.png.7c2a5ff0c39907162e84d411d4988cd1.png

3. maybe an official thread / announcement about stuff like this? i don't think everyone actually checks these old threads for changes such as these that are hidden on page 18...

Edited by NoShipSailsForever
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, NoShipSailsForever said:

3. maybe an official thread / announcement about stuff like this? i don't think everyone actually checks these old threads for changes such as these that are hidden on page 18..

@admin

has always done this, really not good or professional

Edited by Cathal Brugha
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:06 PM, Serk said:

Considering how few NPC port battles are defended by the player base, I'm starting to wonder if targeted clans are not simply waiting to reconquer neutral ports as an easy way to farm wooden and admiralty chest with the ''plant conquest flag'' mission.

Numbers of NPC PB'S are probably too low to be significant but still.

Why would you defend a port owned by a dead or alt clan?  As far as I know a lot weren't defended mainly so they can change hands from who owned it before.  Cause than you can just flip it back to new owner.   Hell we still have many ports that are owned by dead clans that never have been hit.

7 hours ago, Archaos said:

So what do we do with our Victory marks now?

Would be nice if they had something we could trade them in for....