Game-Labs Forum

'Historical' Submod of J&P Rebalance mod, release thread

adishee

7 minutes ago, adishee said:

I have noted a very noticeable difference when I only bring the allotted amount of units for each battle, rather than having a stacked corps that I can't utilize during the battle. So my feeling is that List<BattleUnit> is only scanning the units brought to/generated for each battle.

Could be, I haven't looked at your scaling logic in any detail.

public static int MatchAIperType(EUnitKind kind)
		{
			float num = 0f;
			float num2 = 0f;
			List<BattleUnit> units = BattleController.instance.Units;
			for (int i = units.Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)
			{
				BattleUnit battleUnit = units[i];
				if (battleUnit.initData.side == RuntimeVars.playerSide && battleUnit.initData.kind == kind)
				{
					num += 1f;
				}
				else if (battleUnit.initData.kind == kind)
				{
					num2 += 1f;
				}
			}
			if (num / num2 > 1f)
			{
				return Mathf.FloorToInt(num / num2);
			}
			return 1;
		}

adishee, I am gonna have to just give up on your mod.  This time I made it to Antietam before my Corps disappeared.  Two of the three.

Starting another campaign,  I replaced my character with one from the barracks.  My character was made a brigade commander.  The corps commander of III Corps was also from the barracks.  I have a clean install, the mod plays perfectly, and it is fantastic.  Up to the point my Corps disappear.

I am disappointed that I can't finish a campaign with it.  Also, I played the first Confederate battle three times.  Each time I captured the fort and killed both batteries, but the game only gave me credit for one and I lost. Bummer.

Thanks for your hard work!  You have made a beautiful mod.     

It's J&PV1.26 for me. 😀

@adishee as mentioned yesterday, I played the 2BR again in order to test the scaling theory for Crampston Gap. I made a screenshot that shows that my 3rd corps assigned to the mission. It calls for 11 bdes, and that is what I had. The first thing you should see is the forces line at top of the screen, is 2/3rds red. I waited for the rest of my units and line them up and move fwd, there is a solid line of at least 10 bdes plus 2 or 3 scrimisher units. Not visible are the arty batteries and the unit guarding the victory point. 

And now, my 2nd corps commander, which all along was a AI character, this corps banished. Sorry but I will wait until the mod is more polished/completed before trying it again. I am really sorry, as I like the unit size. Also, you might want to check the artillery battery ammunition calculation, as no sooner they fire 3 or 4 shots, the batteries are asking for ammo. I have max out the supply to 45K, and during the battle, I was running out of supply mainly by suppling ammo to the cannons. I think that needs to be looked at.

20200403060222_1.jpg

20200403060948_1.jpg

Yeah guys, I don't blame you for giving up! I thought I had fixed the disappearing corps bug, I've yet to re-encounter it on my test campaign but I'll keep looking for it.

Edit -- I cheated through Antietam and, sure enough, I also have disappearing first corps. 

So, will try to fix this asap. 

Edited by adishee

@adishee that is great news.... one you have tested the mod for that error, you might want to look at the ammo comsuption for artillery, It most be off, there is no way that a 6 gun battery ask for ammo after 4 or 5 shots... I will reload the mod once you have a chance to play the whole campaign.... I started a new confederate campaign with the rebalance mod installed.

@i64man , no that was a recent change that I did intentionally. It is to make the player's reliance on artillery dominance more difficult, and to make Logistics and AO careers more important for bringing more ammo to feed the guns.

Enjoy your J&P campaign! I will continue with my test campaign to iron out all the bugs.

@adishee I can see the logic behind the ammo with relation to Artillery, but sometimes, it is just frustrating, when you get your troops to their initial points and with the arty behind them set up and while you wait for your other units to assume their positions, if that initial set of units comes in contact or an enemy unit gets in contact of our artillery, before you know it, boom.... you are out of ammo and the battle has not commence yet.

I wish you the best of luck with the mod. Keep working on it and work out the bugs that you find, as I will be back. Have a nice weekend.

10 minutes ago, i64man said:

@adishee I can see the logic behind the ammo with relation to Artillery, but sometimes, it is just frustrating, when you get your troops to their initial points and with the arty behind them set up and while you wait for your other units to assume their positions, if that initial set of units comes in contact or an enemy unit gets in contact of our artillery, before you know it, boom.... you are out of ammo and the battle has not commence yet.

I wish you the best of luck with the mod. Keep working on it and work out the bugs that you find, as I will be back. Have a nice weekend.

Thanks for playing it ... this was essentially beta testing duty, unfortunately, but that bug should at least be gone for good now.

Just now, CajunNavy said:

@adisheeThanks for your effort!.  I will give her another go.  Any news on the Potomac Fort bug?

Nice. 

So, I have experienced that bug myself as well. I don't think it's caused by my submod, and actually when it happened I thought it was because I allowed the battery to escape (maybe it spawned with the speed perk?). I honestly have no idea about that one. If mission #1 gets too frustrating, you can always just cheat through it using godMode in the config.

3 hours ago, adishee said:

Nice. 

So, I have experienced that bug myself as well. I don't think it's caused by my submod, and actually when it happened I thought it was because I allowed the battery to escape (maybe it spawned with the speed perk?). I honestly have no idea about that one. If mission #1 gets too frustrating, you can always just cheat through it using godMode in the config.

Wow, I didn't know about godmode, thanks.  I have completed Phillippi but the game will not end.  It went well into the next day before I quit.  I will move on using godmode but you might want to check it out.

Just now, CajunNavy said:

Wow, I didn't know about godmode, thanks.  I have completed Phillippi but the game will not end.  It went well into the next day before I quit.  I will move on using godmode but you might want to check it out.

Wait, Philippi or the Fort? Those damn first battles are just no end of trouble, they are so weirdly coded into the game.