Game-Labs Forum

'Historical' Submod of J&P Rebalance mod, release thread

adishee

On 11/9/2023 at 5:00 PM, pandakraut said:

It might be a union only thing. But I'm pretty sure this is intentional. You're intended to merge units by dragging them on top of each other as historically those brigades didn't get topped up.

Thank you for the quick response. 

I tried merging units multiple times and still nothing. I just verified game integrity files. It'll mess up my game but I'll redownload the mod and see if it helps. Is there a way to configure the no-reinforcing rule for the Union? I'll also try a Confederate run to see how it goes.

Thanks again

Edited by Gettysburg
wanted to add more to my question

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 8:35 PM, LennyFroggins said:

Hi, tried this real quick and I'm happy with the J+P mod as it is...

But I would love to be able to zoom in really far with base J+P.  Is there a value somewhere I can tweak to allow the camera to zoom to the ground?

That isn't a configurable value in the base mod. I'd have to go digging through the submod values to try to find where that was changed, but I don't have much spare time at the moment unfortunately.

• Like 1

No problem!  Loving the base J+P as is.

I looked through the txt config files a bit and didnt see anything obviously related to that.  Maybe in the assembly dll, I've never looked into how to dig into those in a game before. 

EDIT:Yeah its in the dll by process of elimination. If I have time tonight Ill learn how to dig into it.

EDITEDIT:  Figured it out.  It's in the .dll under the class  CameraController.  I couldnt figure out how to edit it myself so I just copy/pasted the entire CameraConroller class over from the Historical Rebalance for J+P version.  :)  Easy to do.

Edited by LennyFroggins

• 4 months later...

hey @adishee this is really great work! I have been wanting to have the option of commanding individual regiments and having less fine control (like the old Sid Meier games!) I was wondering if you might know what causes this red shadow to appear around all enemy units when zooming from macro to regiment level? Thanks for all your efforts! 🫡

image.thumb.jpeg.821f9b477418c4632422dc89531d375a.jpeg