Game-Labs Forum

Joined the PB, but idle in the battle.

DaRho

Dear Devs.

Strange things happened in the PB for Cano Araguabisi today at 12:36 ST.

On the Polish side, 3 captains joined. At the beginning, all was good, but at some point, after reaching the circles, the only player in 1st rate - LoneHunter from clan XYZ, started reporting connection problems and seems like he went AFK. He had his sails up, but didn't shoot enemy Requins that were swarming him, even dropping sails right at his broadside. Requins continued balling and graping him while he remained silent to all our inquires to him and passive in the battle. 

We thought he might have gone AFK (he was certainly not disconnected, as his sails were up all the time), but soon as the PB ended, he escaped instantly seconds before sinking, which is a proof that he wasn't AFK after all.

That seems shady, although I'm not sure, what could he want to achieve by that behavior, other than filling BR, which would, most certainly, not be filled anyway, but perhaps he just wanted to be 100% sure?

Recordings below:

Remaining passive despite having sails up and requins attacking him:

End result of the battle, showing that he has escaped even before most of the enemies did.

z0ZSpXZ.jpg?width=1202&height=677

Unfortunately I don't have a recording of the whole battle.

to be fair I suppose, I had an issue in the Santa Marta battle a couple months ago where I dc'd twice and wasn't able to control my ship for several minutes.  The chat tab also bugged out and I was not able to talk in battle chat.  I shut the game down competely and logged back in and it was corrected.  I have heard others have similar problems.    

Not defending either way here, just providing a perspective.  

Sure - I understand that there might have been some technical issues. I hope devs would have ways to check and clarify that with the use of the almighty logs :) In my experience I have never seen such dc behavior, hence the report. If devs confirm, it was not flawed player's behavior, but indeed - technical issues - I will be more than happy, as I'd rather see him as person that wanted to help but was unlucky, than some deviant spy, who deliberately joined just to mess with the defenders.

Seems like LoneHunter and the attackers (clan KRAKE) share a good deal of battles alongside each other. Add to that the fact, that Captain R4G3yyyyyy, who was one of the attackers in that battle, used to be LAMA and now is KRAKE. This makes things even more suspicious.

7 hours ago, DaRho said:

We thought he might have gone AFK (he was certainly not disconnected, as his sails were up all the time), but soon as the PB ended, he escaped instantly seconds before sinking, which is a proof that he wasn't AFK after all.

When you DC ai takes control of your ship and will try to escape - alias sail away, and leave if possible, without shooting back. If there were players shooting him, the fastest he could escape was after battle over

• Like 1

Liq - AI, as You said, tries to escape. That guy stayed depowered, Bow 15 degrees into the wind, with sails parallel to the wind, for more that 15 minutes (just like You see it in the recording). Even AI does not run away like that. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaRho said:

Liq - AI, as You said, tries to escape. That guy stayed depowered, Bow 15 degrees into the wind, with sails parallel to the wind, for more that 15 minutes (just like You see it in the recording). Even AI does not run away like that. :)

I see you don't use fleet AI, cause that sounds pretty much exactly like AI the player side gets. 

I've seen AI sit into the wind and do that even while being given multiple different orders. 

D/Cs don't always happen right away either, many times I get a D/C it's not immediate. Just lag spikes that never end until I even have to disconnect it myself. If his connection was just terrible but didn't fully cut off then odd behavior can happen as well. 

Lonehunter was GB true, but never part of LAMA.

I dont think he would do this intentionally.

I from KRAKE had no knowledge of him doing anything to help us win the portbattle and i doubt it was necessary to win the pb.

You must have put him on friendlist in the first place otherwise he wouldnt be able to join the pb!?

And wasn't it you who got this port through fishy methods in the first place?

Just wondering...

Edited by Dalai Lama
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, DaRho said:

missing 10 - 11 more minutes of the video =P.

To explain the situation and make things clear: Sometimes my connection is bad and I get alot of package lost  (like 10 -30 %)

and games like naval action will turn to an unplayable game ( with alot of dc´s)

btw nice to see that my Ai player did better than you 2 guys , I mean my dead meat santi there hold the circle and blocked the enemies to get points , instead of reporting you should be thankful to the ai there tbh. ( or maybe next time come with bigger ships so you could have blocked all circles , just imagine)

Edited by [TOXIC] LoneHunter
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, [TOXIC] LoneHunter said:

missing 10 - 11 more minutes of the video =P.

To explain the situation and make things clear: Sometimes my connection is bad and I get alot of package lost  (like 10 -30 %)

and games like naval action will turn to an unplayable game ( with alot of dc´s)

btw nice to see that my Ai player did better than you 2 guys , I mean my dead meat santi there hold the circle and blocked the enemies to get points , instead of reporting you should be thankful to the ai there tbh. ( or maybe next time come with bigger ships so you could have blocked all circles , just imagine)

I'm struggling to find words suitable to answer that post, but I'll try

1) It makes sense to have a at least a decent internet connection, when You aim to play online games, especially the competitive PvP ones, as experience of many players may depend on it.

2) As for the second part of Your post, I will ignore it to avoid not on the matter discussions here.

dutch side was closed so yea joined the only open side in that fight :D , so I´ll be blamed now everytime someone sees me with a prussian?

1. Again , sometimes I have a bad connection , alot of package lost. I´ll make a screen next time and will send it to you so you can decide if it´s playable or not.

2.There was enough space for other polish players to show up , there even were some online but no one showed up in your battle.

You even could have joined with bigger ships instead of (trinco,requinn) you could have won that or make it a draw which is also a win for the defenders side, dont blame me and my bad connection that day for your own mistakes you did.

Edited by [TOXIC] LoneHunter

• 2 weeks later...