Game-Labs Forum

Vote to Kick Option (Battle Arena)

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a vote to kick player feature in battle arena?

• No
    • Yes

Other than a kick feature, which would still leave your team down one important ship, what else is there?  Auto-detect, boot, and then a buff applied to remaining ships or maybe an XP buff since you are down one ship?

What do other games do?

- World of Tanks has a complain system... which really doesn't do crap; because we all know WG doesn't give two Figs about its players (why we're here ; ) .

- WoW has a kick and lock-out system... and fills the spot with another player (I like this)

i dont like the kick feature.. these features have a tendency to be abused..

also as the main aim of the game is heading towards an open world.. why would you need this feature..because the battles we do now are part of testing stage, unless their plans are to have seperate servers specially for quick battles.

As it stand now if you leave a match and join another one before its over you don't earn any damage points.

that's a lie (unless we broke something and don't know about it)

damage is saved. You can exit if you die or are bored to death

• Like 1

If everybody would know that you can quit a battle at any time and still receive your hard earned damage done, this discussion wouldn't even be here. Am I right?

Well, it all comes down to spread this information, in game, to make it clear for everyone.

A basic idea would be to give all players in a match a pop-up when every active (non disconnected) enemy vessel has sunk.

<Message Box>

All active enemy vessels have been sunk, you can now leave the match without any penalty.

1.  Quit match, return to the match result screen.

2.  Stay for more free xp

Just as an idea.

Votekick is a tricky feature.

In Archeage (russian servers) it was abused and eventually switched off. Imagine a situation where you as a legitimate player join the battle and then vote kicked out for no reason.

Adding a bot to disconnected player will inspire botting, some players will abuse it. But we will think about this feature, there might be ways to make it work. 

• Like 2

Votekick is a tricky feature.

In Archeage (russian servers) it was abused and eventually switched off. Imagine a situation where you as a legitimate player join the battle and then vote kicked out for no reason.

Adding a bot to disconnected player will inspire botting, some players will abuse it. But we will think about this feature, there might be ways to make it work. 

Would a bot that doesn't safe damage work/ be feasible? That way they would be useless to the players hoping to damage farm.

Thanks for feedback Admin. Adding a Strike Colours feature would solve the disconnected players and also had fighting players a chance to "give up".

Way to many people give up way to fast and it's no different to disconnecting. Some do it simply because they don't like what team they are on/ map/ because someone didn't do as you told them. I can already see whoel fleets giving up like dominos just because one frigate decided to leave out of spite.

Maybe I am reading your idea wrong?

As I see it a Strike Colours would equal ZERO reward for that battle. Given we are on Sea Trials with rewards given even IF we lose it would be a way to make people fight to the last splinter.

So a DC equals Strike Colours. NULL reward.

Yeah, the idea can be perverted like any other system. My main thought was to prevent prolonged timer due to the fact that you have to get back to the DC'ed ships and sink them to end the battle. I know for one that in many situations I would simply give up, which is quite appropriate historically wise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Noooooo such a bad idea. Imagine a soc/guild etc joins a match they see you there and your not one of them....if they are "meta-game" players they will vote to kick you because your going to effect their game and their score. I'd say hell no to a vote to kick option.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...