Game-Labs Forum

Edinorogs. Also known as Licornes or Unicorns (some in game called them POODS). Are they coming back, if so how?

I was talking to some of the clan today that mentioned they had not seen any "poods" to get in game since release.

I assume they were talking about Russian guns called Edinorogs. They seemed upon further chatting to be a little OP for those that had them.

So here is my suggestion. As per the documentation below from"Russian Warships in the Age of Sail. 1696 to 1860. Design Construction, Careers and Fates. By John Tredrea and Eduard Sozaen. I think that it might be permissible to have them in game is they were rare to begin with and that when a person got them that a 3rd category of gundeck allocation was added. That of Edinrogs being allowed on each deck in pairs at the centre of the gundeck only. Perhaps also a higher chance of fire onboard your own ship when using them.

5tiMDLk.jpg

r1MCeyZ.jpg?1

bPRaNFV.jpg

Let them use poods in Black Sea, not in the waters where they do not belong.

Another op thing aside from other op things, killing the skill matters into my port bonus and op upgrades matters.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 2

We need all the variety we can get. We already have rare guns that were probably not in the games theatre of operations. We already have many ships which also were not. Personally. I just don't think we are going to get another shot at a naval game like this in our lifetime, assuming most of us are 30-40s. Therefore I think we need as much variety as possible within the realms of the period. Regardless of theatre. It's all generally square rigged western european combat. It's all within the realms of what was possible.

I would not be surprised if poods were in the English channel or the med when the Russians helped the British by sending fleets and iirc patrolled combined.

As long as poods are exceedingly rare I do not see a problem. Rather like nobody uses Obusiers or Naval \ Congreve \ gover etc and if they do it's for a bit of fun until the ship is lot as they are too rare to fit most times.

Besides as you can see above in the exerts. They seem to buck like mules and be dangerous to crews like Obusiers.

P.S. I'd also like to see very expensive BRASS cannon. Making ships lighter would be the only advantage.

37 minutes ago, Destraex said:

We need all the variety we can get. We already have rare guns that were probably not in the games theatre of operations. We already have many ships which also were not. Personally. I just don't think we are going to get another shot at a naval game like this in our lifetime, assuming most of us are 30-40s. Therefore I think we need as much variety as possible within the realms of the period. Regardless of theatre. It's all generally square rigged western european combat. It's all within the realms of what was possible.

I would not be surprised if poods were in the English channel or the med when the Russians helped the British by sending fleets and iirc patrolled combined.

As long as poods are exceedingly rare I do not see a problem. Rather like nobody uses Obusiers or Naval \ Congreve \ gover etc and if they do it's for a bit of fun until the ship is lot as they are too rare to fit most times.

Besides as you can see above in the exerts. They seem to buck like mules and be dangerous to crews like Obusiers.

P.S. I'd also like to see very expensive BRASS cannon. Making ships lighter would be the only advantage.

we need the variety we can get true, but they should also be used to make ships viable again, imo they should be locked to use for Russian Sols as in Ingermanland and St. Pavel

Bloomfields are mostly working like edinorogs. But we do not need more guns, we need less magic. And we need alot of other things changed. No more bonusses, no more guns than longs, mediums and carros and no upgrades. Its so sad to see an Endymion escaping upwind from a Prince... No more magic please!

• Like 1

Swivels have the same treatment, can only be used on 1 or 2 ships? I'm pretty sure they could be hammered into any post. Considering we aren't getting musketry and small arms fire with crew visualization any time soon, this is vital to simulate the combat of crews in close range, not just the firing of the battery and the effect thereof.

Edited by Slim McSauce

4 hours ago, Destraex said:

We need all the variety we can get.

Yes. Let variety rule. Variety sinks boredom. Ships, woods, upgrades, port boni, cannons, soon crew... keep them coming.

Talking about edinorogs, if devs hold on to tradition, we'll see a christmas present again of 30 pieces for everyone.

5 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Variety sinks boredom

I think you are right refering to the peace server. Playing chess against a machine requires a machine with various options. Playing chess against a human being is variety enough. We do not need harpoon rockets on the war server, we need a proper simulation and players with fighting spirit. 

Edited by Sir Loorkon