Game-Labs Forum

Make loodsman great again

It's probably been mentioned ad nauseum, but its needs to be corrected and its a simple fix.  Navy Loodsman costs 100CM and is only a 1.25 speed add.  It's completely pointless as is and I doubt that anyone would invest in such a minor mod at that price.  Really a waste of a slot TBH.  It should be a speed adjustment of +3 knots to have any value at all.  I would be fine to leave it at it's current price but the value has to go up.  This is a really simple one @admin….

• Like 1

Sorry.  Cant agree with you on this one mate....

ALL the MODS, and ESPECIALLY the speed and repair ones need a severe beating from the nerf hammer.

Just as we had feared before the big wipe, there are so many "Franken-ships" out there already...

15-knot Wasas and Endymions that you have to detroys basically twice while trying to out-damage the stacked mega-repair mods.

Anxiously awaiting "Content Update 4-- Chatham Chest:  Update to knowledge and book systems"

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

ALL the MODS, and ESPECIALLY the speed and repair ones need a severe beating from the nerf hammer.

Just as we had feared before the big wipe, there are so many "Franken-ships" out there already...

15-knot Wasas and Endymions that you have to detroys basically twice while trying to out-damage the stacked mega-repair mods.

Anxiously awaiting "Content Update 4-- Chatham Chest:  Update to knowledge and book systems"

Fair enough (oh wait...if someone disagrees with me i'm supposed to be offended, right?).  My issue is more about the cost/effectiveness ratio.  If it's to remain at 1.25, then it should cost appropriately. 

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I could not agree more.

#deleteallmods.ornerfmercilessly

Omg first time I do agree with @Vernon Merrill

Just remove it from the game :)

Nerf all the speed upgrades copper etc., knowledge has already been nerfed. 

Who wants exreme speed should sacrifice lots! Hard caps can also be reduced. 

Repair is very broken now, needs reduction in hard caps! Port bonus crew 4 + other repair mods = new ship. 

Example: I stern raked a very good trinco for a long time, at the point he was about to lose masts and start to sink, he starts hull repair undo whatever damage I did to him. His 1 broadside could finish me, or demast me easily, so it is not worth the extreme sailing and effort with these op repair bonuses. 

22 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's probably been mentioned ad nauseum, but its needs to be corrected and its a simple fix.  Navy Loodsman costs 100CM and is only a 1.25 speed add.  It's completely pointless as is and I doubt that anyone would invest in such a minor mod at that price.  Really a waste of a slot TBH.  It should be a speed adjustment of +3 knots to have any value at all.  I would be fine to leave it at it's current price but the value has to go up.  This is a really simple one @admin….

Hello

1.25 speed add but in open or in battle i think this book is at the right price (you invest only one time....)and the right value.

+3Kt ...It's a joke... This game is already unbalanced due to OP port bonus (55 port only for big nation's) so we don't need other's God Mod's. 

Cheer's