Game-Labs Forum

Magazine Module question

FKL 1982

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, van der Clam said:

Some ships are known to be located directly under main mast, some are under rear mast. Some people know where they are on all ships and how to start fires with one broadside... right, Ram Dinark? heh

so you say i should buy all the books about ships of age of sail and study the plans on the ships ingame to know where it is? instead of something ingame can show it beautifully? i think you're correct :) 

8 minutes ago, Wyy said:

although no one knows where the magazine is, its totally unknown for the captain of the ship :) 

Some ships are known to be located directly under main mast, some are under rear mast. Some people know where they are on all ships and how to start fires with one broadside... right, Ram Dinark? heh

Large vessels have more than one magazine. All guns have gunpowder. Ships with no guns have no gunpowder. Most warships main powder storage was under the waterline, but the multiple decks ones had additional storage per deck to supply the batteries.

It is rare to see multiple explosions in game but it can happen, as two different powder "rooms" ignite and explode.

If i recall, as an example, the Victory main magazine is fore bow under the water line with two additional at equal distance between masts - fore/main and main/aft.

I would believe most vessels will have it fore or aft under the water line. The Snow is a good example.

RfUxZZd.jpg

10 hours ago, Wyy said:

so you say i should buy all the books about ships of age of sail and study the plans on the ships ingame to know where it is? instead of something ingame can show it beautifully? i think you're correct :) 

I think he means on some ships you can use free cam to find the magazine, it used to be a cannon model inside the ship. I dont know if that changed at all though