Game-Labs Forum

Hello Admin and Devs,

I know that it is probably to late to ask for this but could you consider offering the Le Requin and Pandora in trader trim? The Le Requin would make an awesome smuggler, minus a bunch of guns and with much less crew, my research tells me they did that when they were out of work as raiders. The Pandora would make an awesome shallow water 3 mast trader for those tired of sailing a brig.

Thanks for an awesome time and myself and Seadog Wade are looking forward to many more adventures on these wonderful seas. 

• Like 7

I would love to see a Le Requin trade ship trim and also maybe more beefed up Indaman Refit (something like the LGV refit).   I never thought about another bigger trade ship between the Brig and the LGV, but if we had a Requin Trader that would work out great.  

On a side note there for a while I actually was doing a lot of hulling with my SOL's cause of there cargo size when moving stuff around.   

Hell as much as I hate to buy more DLC, a Trade Ship DLC would prob sale like crazy.

Speaking of the LGV Refit, did they ever get a way other than some drop in loot box's of how to get the ship?  I had several I bought back when we got them with PvP marks, but never noticed a way to get them with recent patch changes.

• Like 1

See, this is why there should only be two dedicated traders in the game (Indianman and LGV) and you should have a Trader's Trim that would allow you to turn any 5th rate and under into a trader. More cargo space, fewer/smaller gun load outs, less crew, less armor, more speed, etc.

• Like 4

On 6/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Galt said:

See, this is why there should only be two dedicated traders in the game (Indianman and LGV) and you should have a Trader's Trim that would allow you to turn any 5th rate and under into a trader. More cargo space, fewer/smaller gun load outs, less crew, less armor, more speed, etc.

I approve of this. But it should be fairly obvious when a ship has this. Like a tag that identifies it as a trader.

11 minutes ago, Flinch said:

I approve of this. But it should be fairly obvious when a ship has this. Like a tag that identifies it as a trader.

I definitely agree, I am reminded of an instance where a French fleet near Singapore fled from a British treasure fleet because the british formed a line of battle, causing the French to assume they were actual men of war. This would be mirrored well in the OW when you see an enemy ship but you can't tell if it's a trader or not. But once you get the ship in battle it should show if it's a Trader (X) or not. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, Galt said:

... and you should have a Trader's Trim that would allow you to turn any 5th rate and under into a trader.

That would be a very nice idea, I like Trader's Trim. Alternately you could have a Pirate Trim for turning trading ships into pirate ships by adding swivels, larger or more cannons to it. Which would also be a lot more historical.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Le Vagabond said:

That would be a very nice idea, I like Trader's Trim. Alternately you could have a Pirate Trim for turning trading ships into pirate ships by adding swivels, larger or more cannons to it. Which would also be a lot more historical.

That would be cool if it would just replace whatever the top deck is with swivels or just remap ship gun slots to allow for a few extra swivels which only exist on pirate refits. The refits themselves should be relatively fast but with less HP. Maybe a wood type restriction? IDK, this is all speculative anyways. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:51 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would love to see a Le Requin trade ship trim and also maybe more beefed up Indaman Refit (something like the LGV refit).   I never thought about another bigger trade ship between the Brig and the LGV, but if we had a Requin Trader that would work out great.  

On a side note there for a while I actually was doing a lot of hulling with my SOL's cause of there cargo size when moving stuff around.   

Hell as much as I hate to buy more DLC, a Trade Ship DLC would prob sale like crazy.

Speaking of the LGV Refit, did they ever get a way other than some drop in loot box's of how to get the ship?  I had several I bought back when we got them with PvP marks, but never noticed a way to get them with recent patch changes.

All ships should be allowed to be equipped as transports. Using this PERK should:

Devide the number of guns by 3, reduce the max class of each gun, 1 class less, devide the maximum crew by 3 (or set it to the sailing crew), multiply the hold by 3, authorise the ship to be a smuggler. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, Galt said:

I definitely agree, I am reminded of an instance where a French fleet near Singapore fled from a British treasure fleet because the british formed a line of battle, causing the French to assume they were actual men of war. This would be mirrored well in the OW when you see an enemy ship but you can't tell if it's a trader or not. But once you get the ship in battle it should show if it's a Trader (X) or not. 

Yes; and in the Battle of St. Vincent 4 merchant ships carrying mercury (which the Spanish fleet was protecting) were thought to be SOLs by the British and it influenced where they struck the Spanish line.

• Like 2