Game-Labs Forum

Accurate Coordinate Callout on Voice Chat

Requirements:

1. One of the players in your Battle Group will need to have Sextant Perk (2 points)

2. All the players in your Clan / Alliance will have to use the same Website/Map that shows coordinates scales on the margins of a map window.

3. Alternatively - you all share the same PDF of a map with the same coordinate lines.

Voice Call out:

Instead of calling out "I'm NW of Santa Domingo, 10 minutes of sailing" you can simply look at that Website or PDF or Printed map, and call out:

"I'm at 123, 456 - come help!" with everyone doing the same thing the have always done - glancing at the third party resource (website, PDF, printout) and knowing exactly where you are. 

• Like 1

Just now, Severus Snape said:

Wouldn't voice chat ruin your OW immersion?  

It would, but unlike in PvE, that's a sacrifice one makes in PvP to punish people that derail Guide posts into personal attacks. 

Is there anything in the guide that is not useful or accurate that you would like to criticize? I appreciate all questions on the topic. 

I am writing a new player guide for release, and this will be one of the segments. Voice chat clarity is very important for PvP., and occasionally for other game modes. 

8 hours ago, Tenet said:

"I'm at 123, 456 - come help!" with everyone doing the same thing the have always done - glancing at the third party resource (website, PDF, printout) and knowing exactly where you are. 

Devs removed F11 coordinates for a reason. Now you are writing a Guide of how to do something similar. Hope they don't remove sextant perk because of it.😉

Edited by Liang Dao Ming

Removing the F11 was a very good call.
Keeping the sextant perk, makes it pointless.
I think Tenet just sarcastically says that it doesn't have sense to remove F11 and keep Sextant.

So remove the Sextant as well!

But it does work when You're getting tagged or just before that ;)

I don't need 10 seconds to open map, and draw a course from my position to nearest port.
Doing CTRL+V of that on Discord, during 'warmup' phase in battle also doesn't take much.

And not that I'm planning on using the sextant perk - I'm just saying be consistent.

If no F11, no sextant should be available.

Edited by OjK

11 hours ago, Aster said:

A decent game guide would be nice. Perhaps the 10 commandments of naval action could make a appearance.

I assume after release the community will step up and publish definitive guides. Of course, that doesn’t replace the fact that there should be a detailed FAQ accessible in game. 

6 hours ago, OjK said:

I think Tenet just sarcastically says that it doesn't have sense to remove F11 and keep Sextant.

This is a real guide and not sarcasm! Everyone who is posting off-topic in a guide thread should stop. Thread derailing should be illegal.