Game-Labs Forum

Tax on deliveries?

Well, when regular trading became obsolete, with much easier (and much safer) delivery missions, upkeep of the port came quite high.

There is no more tax income, as almost noone does trading.

Maybe a taxation of delivery rewards would be cool? So there is some more income from the port?

• Like 14

What would really be nice is 2 things.

1. Trade goods Sell price goes up by 20-40%

2. Delivery Good missions have their Real reward lowered, but to have their Doubloon reward increase.

EDIT:

the Delivery missions can be ways to get Reals when you're poor, but they should really be used as the main source for Doubloon income.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 8

You made terribly long, terribly off-topic post here.
What anything of Your post has to do with the income for the port owner?

Look at the total balance sheets per every maintance, and You'll see what I mean.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, Teutonic said:

What would really be nice is 2 things.

1. Trade goods Sell price goes up by 20-40%

2. Delivery Good missions have their Real reward lowered, but to have their Doubloon reward increase.

EDIT:

the Delivery missions can be ways to get Reals when you're poor, but they should really be used as the main source for Doubloon income.

This is a good option. Another option i mentioned before is to force players to pay a 10%( or maybe 20% ) insurance for the delivery missions.

As an example. There is a 170k delivery mission. The player needs to pay 17k to get the mission. If the player manage to deliver the cargo he will win 170k + 17k. The reason behind this is the factor risk vs reward is to low in the delivery missions, so atm if a player fails to deliver the cargo the drawback is minimal. And yes the trade needs a big buff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, no one said:

The reason behind this is the factor risk vs reward is to low in the delivery missions, so atm if a player fails to deliver the cargo the drawback is minimal. And yes the trade needs a big buff.

You're forgetting the hours people put into the delivery.  It isn't "free money" - time is consumed in exchange.  The actual problem with "risk vs reward" is that the delivery mission payouts only scale with distance, not with risk.  I can do the highest value delivery missions ( ca. 160k reals plus 1k doubloons) all night long and never leave my nation's own waters.  Payouts should only be high for deliveries to/from high risk destinations.

However I do believe every successfully completed mission should pay a percentage cut to the clan owner of the port where the mission originated. 

• Like 1

Excellent idea,  that all transactions through the port should be taxed.  Especially economic missions.  Passengers & Cargo deliveries are zero risk, and there is no reason not to give a little tax to the port's clan.

Love the idea of paying the port a bit of extra tax (or a flat fee) to receive the cargo or passenger for premium profitable missions.  The value of the missions could increase with the amount paid to get them.  Offer choices of high risk to zero risk deliveries.