Game-Labs Forum

Tows per day

9 hours ago, Teutonic said:

1 per day seems more than fine to me the way we have it.

I hesitate to agree to more tows.

I'd prefer if we had the material delivery system back - but all these do is allow us not to risk anything in the OW and bypass any possible raiding. 

No one is sailing their most valuable ships across map, maybe a couple of counties away.

• Like 1

Im sure every player asking a change in tow is a player that is tired to sail hours and hours...what we can do is ask devs for make the OW speed more faster/Arcade and the battles remain realistic...nothing change in combat mechanics or whatever just the OW speed..it will make ppl sail more often and we will have more engagements on OW 

• Like 1

Hmm... interesting subject...

I think it should be ok to make an infinite number of tows per day if it costs the sender reals and the towed ship(s) are required to sail in game in the open world between ports... so as to encourage piracy... this way it could not be exploited to simply be cheap insurance not to lose ships. That's my two cents worth any way.

Good idea provoker.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Potemkin said:

For the last couple years it seems like people have been trying to maximize ow population by making the game more tedious every step of the way, and we've been getting the same results, fewer people logging in, fewer ppl in ow. I dont care how its done or who suggests what i just want to make larger pvp battles more frequent and accessible because they are the heart and soul of this game.

This seems to be only about having the best ship instantly at the spot. Whether for quick reaction or port battles. "Warp"-ships basically make the open world nonexistent. Bad idea. You can get all the pvp you like by teleporting. But probably in an inferior ship then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

"Warp"-ships basically make the open world nonexistent. 

I didnt realize you could start or join battles from port lol. I also didnt realize two tows a day would mean the end of ow.

I do not think more tows is not a bad thing, but they should not be free! 1 free tow with option to buy 1 more would be nice. 
In most cases where I'm missing a tow to join something, it is because it is time sensitiv. So there is no real alternative for me to sail there in sted. When I use a tow normally it is for safe transport of special ship to use in a planned event. When I feel I'm missing a tow it is normally when something is happening within the next 15 minutes. For those cases it is not an option to sail a ship over in time. 

Having cargo shipped between outpost with out ever sailing through OW is on the other hand a feature that removes content form OW and should imo be avoided.
If we at some point get an option to ship cargo with AI traders that sails in OW, so other players can intercept the shipment - that would be brilliant!  

To people who say "sailing is time sink"...

Can you tell what better you do when not sailing?

• Managing your warehouses?
  • Organizing your docks for better look and feeling?
  • Constantly fighting?
  • Crafting art pieces?
  • Looking after your families in different ports?
  • Do you really missed a lot of battles because of not having a tow? if so why most of you keep running from any equal fight?

Again, what better you do when not sailing? Enlighten me please?

18 hours ago, Potemkin said:

I didnt realize you could start or join battles from port lol. I also didnt realize two tows a day would mean the end of ow.

You do not realize a lot do you? Even one tow contradicts an open world concept. One choses to craft ships in a remote place. So one needs to sail in a sailing game. Not that complex a matter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I do not think more tows is not a bad thing, but they should not be free! 1 free tow with option to buy 1 more would be nice. 
In most cases where I'm missing a tow to join something, it is because it is time sensitiv. So there is no real alternative for me to sail there in sted. When I use a tow normally it is for safe transport of special ship to use in a planned event. When I feel I'm missing a tow it is normally when something is happening within the next 15 minutes. For those cases it is not an option to sail a ship over in time. 

Having cargo shipped between outpost with out ever sailing through OW is on the other hand a feature that removes content form OW and should imo be avoided.
If we at some point get an option to ship cargo with AI traders that sails in OW, so other players can intercept the shipment - that would be brilliant!  

You just named it: Missing the tow when something's going to happen. No game mechanic prohibits to teleport in your outpost and grab a ship there.

11 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

You just named it: Missing the tow when something's going to happen. No game mechanic prohibits to teleport in your outpost and grab a ship there.

I have 3 free tows per day already(to most free ports). So I found a solution around this issue to make this game playable for me.