Game-Labs Forum

Does a level 3 shipyard increase chances for rare ships?

LeopoldRNN

Question

...the 4/5 or 5/5 upgrade pink or gold premium or whatever the devs & plyrs are calling them in current game design terms?

I know of course that a level 3 yard unlocks the ability to make non-permitted SOL 's -just asking if there are any other benefits in the current game system (?)

And while on the subject -does location of the shipyard (port) have any effects at all? 

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Commodore Sixty Four said:

Thanks for this.  I was asking myself exactly the same question. 

At the moment my Shipyard is located in non-capturable Kingston / Port Royal.  To attract the increased chance of a special ship I need to relocate it to a non-capturable port, such as George Town for example, is that correct?  If so, does anyone know, or has estimated, the increased chance of a special ship crafted in a capturable port versus the baseline received in a non-capturable port?  This improvement in chance will determine whether I invest in moving my Level 2 Shipyard to a non-capturable port or not.

Thanks in advance!

you have to got to a port which is capturable. Nor risk no gain. But! with the new port investments you better join a clan and put your shipyard into a port with heavy investment into shipbuilding.

I have built 50 T-lynx in a reinforcement zone port and 50 in a port outside reinforcement zone. Inside I had 30 ships plain vanilla, 20 with extra (agile, fast etc.) none in 4/3 or 5/3. Outside I had 23 plain vanilla, 23 with extra, 3 ships in 4/3 and 2 in 5/3. I deemed that difference to be significant.

Edited by Suppenkelle
additional info
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jodgi said:

To my knowledge the only thing that gives you a better chance at special ships is crafting in a capturable port.

This might change a little too a lot in upcoming patch.

There also might of been the 25 magical special ports that seem to give a higher RNG, but we never got this confirmed.  Though having level three in non-cap ports and clan owned ports I can tell you it's still all pure RNG luck.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

also having account in a hard nation (without Capital) like Russia,Prussia, Poland gives you more bonus on crafting rare ships.

No, because any nation has access to capturable ports outside any zone.

6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

No, because any nation has access to capturable ports outside any zone.

yes but hard nations have a little more bonus cause they don't have a capital.  a regular nation has a % of crafting bonus if they craft in capturable port, hard nations (russia,prussia,poland) have %+ of crafting bonus in every port cause they have only capturable ports.

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

yes but hard nations have a little more bonus cause they don't have a capital.  a regular nation has a % of crafting bonus if they craft in capturable port, hard nations (russia,prussia,poland) have %+ of crafting bonus in every port cause they have only capturable ports.

Where did you see this info?

19 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Where did you see this info?

looking at crafted ship using a prussian account.  i will make a thread with all crafting result by the prussian account and by ships used by prussians and russians we killed and looked strange....like an ocean teak/WO 5/5 very fast for example...

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim and 4 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean without trim but 5 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim and 5 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with 5 slots and the trim very fast that is the best in the game?

5 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

looking at crafted ship using a prussian account.  i will make a thread with all crafting result by the prussian account and by ships used by prussians and russians we killed and looked strange....like an ocean teak/WO 5/5 very fast for example...

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim and 4 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean without trim but 5 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with trim and 5 slots?

how many Ocean do you have to craft for an Ocean with 5 slots and the trim very fast that is the best in the game?

Prussians craft at Port-de-Paix, Russians craft at Kidds and Bermudas, Poles craft Vieques. Same capturable ports - same % to get extra slot/trim

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Prussians craft at Port-de-Paix, Russians craft at Kidds and Bermudas, Poles craft Vieques. Same capturable ports - same % to get extra slot/trim

but looks like that this  % is more % than crafting in other capturable ports but using brit spanish swedish ecc ecc account...

Just now, huliotkd said:

but looks like that this  % is more % than crafting in other capturable ports but using brit spanish swedish ecc ecc account...

One of my never alts has level 7 crafting and he made a whole bunch of purple ships. No golden ships yet but I abandoned crafting since my docks were full

On 4/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, Suppenkelle said:

To be exact: ports within the former reinforcement zone have currently lesser chances at special ships even if they are capturable. As an example: for Sweden these ports are Philipsburg and Marigot. Afaik this has not been changed yet. Maybe with map wipe?

Thanks for this.  I was asking myself exactly the same question. 

At the moment my Shipyard is located in non-capturable Kingston / Port Royal.  To attract the increased chance of a special ship I need to relocate it to a non-capturable port, such as George Town for example, is that correct?  If so, does anyone know, or has estimated, the increased chance of a special ship crafted in a capturable port versus the baseline received in a non-capturable port?  This improvement in chance will determine whether I invest in moving my Level 2 Shipyard to a non-capturable port or not.

Thanks in advance!