Game-Labs Forum

Lets Make a Point for Crafting Medium Cannons

15 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i dont agree 

ever played EVE ?

the problem is , now you have to think what you are going to do, instead of taking goods (push random button) from the shelf and load it in a trader and  push the sell button.

No, but I did play the fully player driven econ of POTBS, with structures and labor hours. With 2 alts it would take a week to build a 5th rate. The low pop doesn’t work with fully player driven econ.  Like I said, it’s hard to find player crafted goods now.  Find something cheap, like repairs, people buy them and sell them at higher costs. Like I pointed out, look at La Mona, a popular port.  No ships above 5th rates for sale. No longs or carros for 6th or 7th rate ships for sale. And no one is selling raw resources anywhere but capitals, yet alone any manufactured goods needed for ship building. 

I don't necessarily agree with the idea to remove trade goods as a whole, as that's how people currently get the money necessary to deal with what could be considered artificially inflated prices in what remains of the player-driven economy, as it is extremely expensive to actually interact with player crafters, which probably doesn't help.

However it is entirely reasonable to remove trade goods that are dropped by ports, provided players are given the opportunity to create the aforementioned trade goods on their own via buildings. I have absolutely nothing against the idea of a building that produces fur that can be turned into fur clothes, which can be consumed at ports, etc. This is a viable alternative that would add depth to a portion of the game that is otherwise described as being "extremely boring". 

Edited by Isaac Le Maire

11 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

No, but I did play the fully player driven econ of POTBS, with structures and labor hours. With 2 alts it would take a week to build a 5th rate. The low pop doesn’t work with fully player driven econ.  Like I said, it’s hard to find player crafted goods now.  Find something cheap, like repairs, people buy them and sell them at higher costs. Like I pointed out, look at La Mona, a popular port.  No ships above 5th rates for sale. No longs or carros for 6th or 7th rate ships for sale. And no one is selling raw resources anywhere but capitals, yet alone any manufactured goods needed for ship building. 

Not enough contracts, too expensive to place items for sale, not enough profit compared to trading npc goods, no noble woods to craft ships from, most ships locked behind a permit wall, noone selling permits (see first two points).

Lets remember guys... this post is about bringing medium cannons back as a viable trade source in game... as in craftable and sellable in a trader run market.

Please refer to my original post and list ideas for how to impliment  medium cannons into the player driven arena of trade.  This post is all about making the cannons player driven material... nothing else.

8 hours ago, StuntPotato said:

Not enough contracts, too expensive to place items for sale, not enough profit compared to trading npc goods, no noble woods to craft ships from, most ships locked behind a permit wall, noone selling permits (see first two points).

totally agree we as players are too much restricted on sale contracts.

for every rank, you should have 3 extra sale contracts  (give ranks a meaningful reason except for only crew)

it will boost trade 

for example, if i am a cannon manufacturer, i can only sell carronades and not the long cannons. 

and if i sell carronades the rest of the trading spectrum is useless to me  i can not even sell the rest of the types of cannons  on the market or other types of goods

one of the reasons people pile up so much stock in the warehouse

even the admiralty DLC does not provide that option

this game is too restricted for doing a trade .

if a captain can sell a rifle 1777 for 150.000 in the shop, for me as a cannon manufacturer i only can sell that rifle in the shop for 400 reals. 

Edited by Thonys

the system should allow you to get the guns when players did not supply them. The optimal way would be to just raise the NPC prices allowing players to provide them at lower price - not completely remove them.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, admin said:

the system should allow you to get the guns when players did not supply them. The optimal way would be to just raise the NPC prices allowing players to provide them at lower price - not completely remove them.

@admin i understand that point of view.

but one of the reasons they are not supplied is, i cannot sell them because of the restriction to provide them in the first place.(not enough slots to sell them)

also, another thing if the guns are not provided by the shop, people have to make them just like they have to gather the wood types for their ship and it becomes a necessity as part of the shipbuilding process. (except the basic cutter guns)

NPC buying them for 1 real will also not provide guns in the shop.

i have 2000 mediums in my warehouse and i am not keen on selling them for 1 real 

there is no profit for it .(or even slots to sell them)

at the moment i am selling long guns at a port what is not even my main home port for doing my trade, what ends up in stockpiling in the main port.

sidenote: if i capture a Pavel i should capture poods :) (but that's another thread i think)

restrictions for selling by contract is not very effective for the community

valuable stuff cannot be sold ,....

0632C1D9BFAF442D7193EB6979075FEBE057AE7D

Edited by Thonys

44 minutes ago, admin said:

The same can be said for repairs correct?

• Like 1