Game-Labs Forum

Patrol ROE

1 minute ago, staun said:

as long we dont end up where players basicly cant go out in a group and have fun.

Well, a group has always been able to go and start their own fun, in OW and zones alike. If you demand that groups should be able to crash and unbalance existing fights I'm going to fight you on that.

51 minutes ago, staun said:

But that does not remove the gank, witch is what ppl want with there demand on a 1,3-1,5 br limit.

Ganking will exist in patrols even if we get br limits. Limits won't apply until after initial tag timer. 

10 minutes ago, staun said:

I could have gotten it wrong. But as I have understand it, it will be every day and you can be in there all that you want.

Don't tease me like that, I'm weak and can't handle it! It's just too good to be true: Daily duel patrol for whenever I have time to log in?

A frikkin wet dream!

13 minutes ago, staun said:

Not to sure abouth the OW. Think you can find plenty of post where the demand for a 1,5 br in OW.

That's not true, both my proposition and original idea was for 1.5 BR limit ONLY in patrol zone, ONLY after initial tag. I think there is somewhere a poll started by @Liq, where 80%+ voters think it is the best solution for patrol RoE.

ps. I guess Liquicity won't respond.... He's quiet this way, for some time now...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vazco said:

That's not true, both my proposition and original idea was for 1.5 BR limit ONLY in patrol zone, ONLY after initial tag. I think there is somewhere a poll started by @Liq, where 80%+ voters think it is the best solution for patrol RoE.

ps. I guess Liquicity won't respond.... He's quiet this way, for some time now...

I did not say you demanded it in OW. Did I. I said the same demands have been made by players in regard to the OW. It was a respond to Rediii’s claim that ppl was fine with the OW as it was. Nothing to do with your statement.

I havent the numbers that responded to Ligs poll.But lest say it is 40 person. It is smal sample, to actually conclude something on. The next thing is to look who actually responded. If I made a poll in the USA, asking if the US was the best nation in the World. Bet you that the “Yes it is” would be high. But what if I asked the same question to the entire wold. My bet is it would be way lower. My point is that, you can say that, 80 % reponnded is for it. But you can’t claim that 80 % of players that go to the patrolezone is for it, neither can you claim 80% that plays NA is for it. But neither can I say it is the opesit.

12 minutes ago, staun said:

I havent the numbers that responded to Ligs poll.But lest say it is 40 person. It is smal sample, to actually conclude something on. 

wouldn't call 106 players, about a third to a quarter of todays average pop., a small sample.

My original idea of that thread was to eliminate the "20 min into a battle" ganks, eg. Joining a 1v1 or 2v2 with a group of 5+.

If we cant have balancing favoring RoE, as in let the battle be open for each side until it has reached 1.5x BR (while also first having the 3 min usual join timer to prevent getting locked out of a battle you could see start yourself), then please at least make it normal RoE all the way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

wouldn't call 106 players, about a third to a quarter of todays average pop., a small sample.

My original idea of that thread was to eliminate the "20 min into a battle" ganks, eg. Joining a 1v1 or 2v2 with a group of 5+.

If we cant have balancing favoring RoE, as in let the battle be open for each side until it has reached 1.5x BR (while also first having the 3 min usual join timer to prevent getting locked out of a battle you could see start yourself), then please at least make it normal RoE all the way.

I see no problem with a join timer like 1-2 min after first tag. But go back and read, you can find comment on that  ppl just saying, you just have to stay in the join circle when tag.

There will be a patrole for duel players. And one for group players. Lets not make it completly impossible to actually fight as a group. Sometime I do feel there is an agenda to only prompte single fights and elimate group fights. 

100 seems like a decent sample. There is still the issue about who have answered, how the questions was made, what other options that was precented. To make good poll is actually more than answer a question, if you would have reliable data. But lets not focus on sampling,My issue is it still need to be possible to play as a group. But I don’t think for the low br the battle should stay open for maybe like 10 min. And for the high Br like 2-5 min.

1 minute ago, staun said:

There will be a patrole for duel players. And one for group players. Lets not make it completly impossible to actually fight as a group. Sometime I do feel there is an agenda to only prompte single fights and elimate group fights. 

Don't mean to sound rude but I dont think you've understood the idea behind the original proposal yet

You want group fights, I get that.

The thread linked on the first page of this thread means to suggest the following. I'll give you an example:

You, in a group of 4 players, sail out to the patrol zone. Now there are several possible outcomes.

1. You meet a solo player, engage him. The proposed RoE change now would allow reinforcment for your opponent until his side has reached 1.5x the BR of yours. At the same time though, your side also gets the right to get reinforcment until it has reached 1.5x the BR of his. Note: First 3 min of the battle are still normal RoE, anyone can join without caring about the BR inside the battle.
    • Result: You either just proceed to get an easy kill on him cause noone is nearby - or you get a group fight
  2. You meet a fleet of equal size in numbers, say 4v4 to keep it simple. There you go, you already got your group fight. To make it even better, the battle can grow over time, while keeping it all balanced. 4v4 could turn into 4v5, 5v5, 6v5, 7v5, 7v6, ...
    • Result: You get your group fight

Now, for a solo player, this wouldn't mean granted duels all the time. Can still get ganked regularly, which is fine in my opinion.

However, if he finally manages to find a decent opportunity for a duel, and gets reinforcments on his or the enemy's side 15 minutes into it... Nothing should be allowed to ruin that experience, ever.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

Don't mean to sound rude but I dont think you've understood the idea behind the original proposal yet

You want group fights, I get that.

The thread linked on the first page of this thread means to suggest the following. I'll give you an example:

You, in a group of 4 players, sail out to the patrol zone. Now there are several possible outcomes.

1. You meet a solo player, engage him. The proposed RoE change now would allow reinforcment for your opponent until his side has reached 1.5x the BR of yours. At the same time though, your side also gets the right to get reinforcment until it has reached 1.5x the BR of his. Note: First 3 min of the battle are still normal RoE, anyone can join without caring about the BR inside the battle.
    • Result: You either just proceed to get an easy kill on him cause noone is nearby - or you get a group fight
  2. You meet a fleet of equal size in numbers, say 4v4 to keep it simple. There you go, you already got your group fight. To make it even better, the battle can grow over time, while keeping it all balanced. 4v4 could turn into 4v5, 5v5, 6v5, 7v5, 7v6, ...
    • Result: You get your group fight

Now, for a solo player, this wouldn't mean granted duels all the time. Can still get ganked regularly, which is fine in my opinion.

However, if he finally manages to find a decent opportunity for a duel, and gets reinforcments on his or the enemy's side 15 minutes into it... Nothing should be allowed to ruin that experience, ever.

Be rude ore not, thats all up to you.

But do think you should try to read all comments. Not all are in the Line of what you suggest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, staun said:

But do think you should try to read all comments. Not all are in the Line of what you suggest.

Of course not all are in this line - as always :) I can state that mine are.

I guess we are finally coming to understanding that rules which Liq explained are also good for groups. It's rare that people start to agree to something on this forum :)

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Of course not all are in this line - as always :) I can state that mine are.

I guess we are finally coming to understanding that rules which Liq explained are also good for groups. It's rare that people start to agree to something on this forum :)

There is plenty of agrement on this forum, but most of the discussions is in my opinion based on two different idea on what fair and good fights are.

The one thats claims if numbers and Br are egual ore very close. Then it is a good fight.

The second is that skills matter more than numbers/br. So to equal those with great skill you have to get some kind of advantage to counter it, witch is most cases is more players.

Personally I sirously doubt those top skill players find a fight, where after 10 min have killed the other player ore there have been no doubt of the result,  a great fight. Neither do I think no one think a gank is a good fight. The 1,5 Br limit that alot of players argue about should be a general rule for every battle, will in my opinion give to big advantage to those top skilled players. Personnaly I have had great fight where I lost and boring fights where I won. For me it never have had anything to do with numbers ore equal br. It have for me atleast, always been fight, where I had to fight hard and often the fight have could tipped to either side.

I think it is great it is a skill based game, But I also understand why there must be a system thats make it possible to counter great skill. Daily you see ppl Call out, taunting players for not comming out to fight them. Why don’t players not come out, my guess is they know they can’t overcome the skill gap, and therefor will be slaughtered. 

As long as we don’t have a common idea about whas is fair and equal, we also will have a problem with find a solution, that most agree on.

4 hours ago, staun said:

what fair and good fights are

Descry a sail in the horizon. Identify such as a enemy. Quantify opportunity to engage. Proceed accordingly in a intercept vector. Engage.

- this can happen when sailing from point A to point B

If I teleport from point A to point B nothing of the above will happen for sure.

that's my 2 cents.

• Like 1