Game-Labs Forum

Cannot progress on War server

16 hours ago, admin said:

When we say - peace server is great for those who like calm - we actually mean it  - for us it does not matter which server you are playing on - we love you on all servers.  We stopped treating Peace server as a secondary server as we have witnessed how players play there and saw how they really enjoy themselves on that server.

Its really calm, tranquil, friendly, helpful and relaxing. You can log off when your baby is crying, or wife is calling and never worry about your cargo. You can sail and fish afk if you need to go away from the computer. You dont need to worry about crafting as you can capture any ship you see. Nobody is cursing or abusing each other.

Thank you for giving Peace some love! I played on the PVP testbed and, while very exciting, I already have enough excitement in my day-to-day life so when I load up my internet ships I just want to sail and hunt/shoot NPCs with not too much regard for rewards.

• Like 1

Hey Devs- thrrow the noobs a bone.  Why not a 7th rate mission close to capitol where u have to sink an unarmed fishing boat.  As a reward, give them fish.  Maybe you get a fish that is worth something every once in a while?  Nobody would do this mission unless they are super noobs. Why not?

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be possible to have an area of the map just for new players with all the things needed to get them started up? Just a few ports would be enough, no pvp allowed within that area if they leave the area, then they can be attacked. Don't make them choose a nation until they get their second rank and they can get a port in the capital of their chosen nation only after they have reached that second rank. People that want pvp right away can always chose to leave the area and given a pop up message to skip all that and choose a nation right away. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Wouldn't it be possible to have an area of the map just for new players with all the things needed to get them started up? Just a few ports would be enough, no pvp allowed within that area if they leave the area, then they can be attacked. Don't make them choose a nation until they get their second rank and they can get a port in the capital of their chosen nation only after they have reached that second rank. People that want pvp right away can always chose to leave the area and given a pop up message to skip all that and choose a nation right away. 

If only there were a separate server where new players could learn the game before they got murdered in PVP.  +

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If only there were a separate server where new players could learn the game before they got murdered in PVP.  +

Yeah but nobody likes doing the whole starter phase over in this game, or any, and also not everyone can pass the exams as a starter. This game isn't exactly in the position to look down on new players, it desperately needs them. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, admin said:

I am sorry but this is a War server - PvP server. They join War server to PVP. You do not join pvp servers if you dont like pvp. 

Noobs will learn to escape with time. Le requin is extremely bad at 180. Dont get tagged improperly by attacking first (pvp) and escape at 180. Easy concept to learn and easy concept to master. 

Brave veterans should know - most new players do not read forums - brave veterans should defend their capitals from those raiders instead of advocating for automated newbie protections. Maybe this is that "pvp" everyone asks for on the PVP server ;) 

@admin i belive you simply do  not understand the issue:

1.)Yes its a war server so PvP most new players are willing too do PvP, but tell me how many will stay and learn to PvP if they are ganked most of the time repeatedly outside capitals still in green zone?

2.) About requin you are simply wrong, becouse most players who are brave enough too visit capitals are skilled enough to understand requins sailling profile and assure they will have an  wind advantage not too mention they are speed and boarding fitted. New player will lose battle and your advice will not work at that moment they panic try to call for help advice will not work.

2.)About last part: i perticipated in defense of capitals and it got boring so fast becouse it was uneffective and alot of players joined too protect capitals now these days desire too help is alot lower becouse whats the point of it becouse i lost my will too PvP becouse of this?

26 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

2.)About last part: i perticipated in defense of capitals and it got boring so fast becouse it was uneffective and alot of players joined too protect capitals now these days desire too help is alot lower becouse whats the point of it becouse i lost my will too PvP becouse of this?

Chasing raiders is just not usually very rewarding.  You have to drop everything else you were intending to do in the game and sail around for an hour or more and often don't get anything out of it.  Now with teleport fees added to that, forget it. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, admin said:

You can attack ANYONE ANYWHERE. (even your own nation)

I think it would be interesting, if your clan could split up from the nation, similar like the old "turning pirate" mechanic but instead they become "outlaws", which basically would make them what pirates always should have been.

Make this a prolific forger DLC feature, give them a red flag or something else fitting ( and the same choice of pirate DLC flags, if they buy the flag DLC too ).

This would yield more value and customers for prolific forger DLC and finally add the real outlaws / pirates to NA. Basically every outlaw player / clan is a own faction that can attack anyone, except for his clan mates.

Not sure how much coding this would require but it will most likely be worth it due to the DLC revenue alone.

4 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Make this a prolific forger DLC feature, give them a red flag or something else fitting ( and the same choice of pirate DLC flags, if they buy the flag DLC too ).

Fun idea.  I'd need a "False Flag" feature, so that i'm not attacked by everyone though.  Seems a little too isolated otherwise.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, admin said:

No safe zones

I still think only GB, Spain and France ( maybe US ) should have safe zones with the old overpowered first rate reinforcements but less reals for battles, aswell as 15-20% taxes ( someone has to pay for the home security ). Trading should only be profitable when shipping goods over very long distances from or to the zones. Anything bigger than a 4th rate should never get reinforcements. Make all other nations "hardcore" without any zone but they get to keep their uncapturable home ports.

This would have several benefits:

1. More historically accurate.

2. Less total safe zone space all over the map traded for some highly secure zones for new players.

3. Concentrate most new players in the historical big powers where they can be trained by big clans, rank up / learn together and will be almost completely safe in the reinforcement zones but with less reward ( only 5-7th rate missions with reduced loot ) to motivate them to leave. There should also be no chance for any bonus slots or trims on ships built in the high security zones. The noobs will be able to play low rank missions together until they are experienced enough to leave the zone for bigger rewards.

4. They are incentivised to buy forger DLC when they become more skilled and want to try a "hardcore" nation.

Currently the safe zones mainly help advanced players in their big ships, while new players in their 5-7th rates get some  poor reinforcement, that won't save them. Making 3 ( 4 with US ) carebear nations with real safe zones while getting rid of the rest seems like a good idea to me. 

A separate starter zone for new players ( like old bahama concept but with a limit on rank and no doubloon reward for sinking other players to limit sealclubbing ) would be another way to do it.

• Like 2