Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

I would like to say that after having tried the new way of playing, it does not suit me at all and I am not the only one to say it, the new economy does not make it possible to reward the players for the time spent because the profits are and the consumption of goods in ports is falling too slowly, creating unsaleable surpluses. Another thing concerning the harvests, the cost in hours is much too high: the hemp for example demands for 4000 units 9200 hours and 116000 reals which makes 2 900 000 gold, it is not a little too much?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, T3rr3ur said:

the hemp for example demands for 4000 units 9200 hours and 116000 reals which makes 2 900 000 gold, it is not a little too much?

Hemp rope, canvas and hemp related items required a lot more work than iron in many cases (according to Boudrout books) 
In terms of price .. 4000 hemp is a huge supply enough for multiple first rates.  40000 hemp would cost even more. I do not understand where is the problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T3rr3ur said:

in this case, please reduce the maximum stock of resources, what is the point of being able to have 4000 of stock if we can not harvest everything at once? the balance between harvest and the cost of the boats is to be reviewed

The game is not forcing you to harvest everything at once. You can harvest everything at once if you want to and sell the surplus to other players who dont want to harvest the hemp. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

+1

The only way to get crafting xp now is to make ships or repairs!

Don't like the dumbed down insta-ship crafting at all!

Made more sense to craft the rigging, cannon carriages, etc... before making the entire ship!

Gonna take forever to level up crafting now!

Well those things didn't give you crafting XP anyway, only crafting the ship gave the XP

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, T3rr3ur said:

in this case, please reduce the maximum stock of resources, what is the point of being able to have 4000 of stock if we can not harvest everything at once? the balance between harvest and the cost of the boats is to be reviewed

IMO, tempest in a teapot

Hi Devs 

well having played this game for a long time now plus   7450 hrs. I enjoyed my Crafting Trading PVE PVP, I do not like one thing I enjoyed them all .But am finding I am now bored it seems I am  sailing forever with little reward, of course you seem to be catering for the VOCAL MINORITY and not the SILENT MAJORITY . This has been happening for awhile now most of my clan have stopped playing through lack of time  .

I love the game this is why I have kept playing hoping your direction will change I have adapted to your changes . But this one I think many players are going to just maintain or quit in the hope  it will change  I am not going to list the things I don't like , I am just hope you listen to your customers . I dont normaly make comments on the forum 

adriancairns clan leader Ahoy

• Like 2

My 2p.

The weight of the resources (100 for most) means more wasted space in trader holds. It also means that fighting ships have less opportunity to pick goods up from sunk merchants.

The streamlined crafting is nice i guess in a meh sort of way. I actually preferred the old one. Love me some historical detail!

Trading makes little sense to me at the moment. In Gustavia one type of good has accumulated, driving the sell price down to 1, where it has stayed for days on end, since no sane trader would buy for the way too high buy price. Shouldn't a glut also drive the buy price down?

6 minutes ago, samba_liten said:

Trading makes little sense to me at the moment. In Gustavia one type of good has accumulated, driving the sell price down to 1, where it has stayed for days on end, since no sane trader would buy for the way too high buy price. Shouldn't a glut also drive the buy price down?

I do not understand what this means. Can you rephrase? name specific prices/ numbers and goods?

6 minutes ago, samba_liten said:

My 2p.

The weight of the resources (100 for most) means more wasted space in trader holds. It also means that fighting ships have less opportunity to pick goods up from sunk merchants.

The streamlined crafting is nice i guess in a meh sort of way. I actually preferred the old one. Love me some historical detail!

I think trading is more interesting now.  You have to look up a trade good and see where the best price is.  Sure you know probably where, but best to check.  Hold space has been simplified!  17 items in a TBrig and 39 in an Indiaman (+ guns).  500K Reals from one run and I won't have to trade for a week!  Life is good...Time to hunt!

3 hours ago, admin said:

The game is not forcing you to harvest everything at once. You can harvest everything at once if you want to and sell the surplus to other players who dont want to harvest the hemp. 

Than why have level 3?  Why would any one leave there fields full and not harvest them?  You want your stock on hand not still out in the field/minds.  So basicly your saying every one should just run level 1 or 2 since you can't harvest any of it and have to just let it stay on the building cause your limited by LH's?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than why have level 3?  Why would any one leave there fields full and not harvest them? 

you CAN harvest the production capacity, if you WANT to. Simple. You are not leaving anything full, you just decide how much you need to produce by investing hours (hiring workers). 

Hire additional workers from the admiralty (labor contracts) and extract everything - and sell the suprlus. Or just hire as many workers as you need and only make what you need. 

Why is this even a subject for discussion? Player choice - you have the choice. So use it.. or not use it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's better than stacking 2-3 buildings of the same type.

Yah but I use to be able to do two level 3 Iron Mines an than go do some other level 3's and have LH left overs, now you can't even do one building.

I'm going to test this, putting level 1's on one char to see how the LH to prouction turns out.  To me feels like there isn't really a point to o level 3's any more with how many slots you have.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Since dubloons are a way more important currency now, id like to see a feature added to set up contracts for dubloons, not only reals (or a mix of both).

For example selling a ship for 100k reals and 5000 dubloons, or buying hull repairs for 20 reals and 1 dubloon each.

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah but I use to be able to do two level 3 Iron Mines an than go do some other level 3's and have LH left overs, now you can't even do one building.

I'm going to test this, putting level 1's on one char to see how the LH to prouction turns out.  To me feels like there isn't really a point to o level 3's any more with how many slots you have.

I know I don't need the amount of resources that I used to, but I'm only building ships for me and a buddy. 

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I know I don't need the amount of resources that I used to, but I'm only building ships for me and a buddy. 

I'm self sustaining myself, but I also craft for a clan.   It's going to take time but the point is that we either getting way to much resources to fill reserves and not be used....the building should not be that location, that is what we have warehouses for, or we need to get more labor hours to do more stuff.  It's human nature to want to click and empty every thing to look like you did a lot of work.  When you can't do that you feel like your not getting enough done.  I haven't really notice how much of that resources would be neeed for crafting cause I have stocks and stocks of them all ready from before the patch.  Maybe it would be easier to tell when some one is starting from a clean slate. I might do that with my Spain char since he's doing nothing at all any way.  Just set up level 1's and try crafting some stuff with them only.  

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm self sustaining myself, but I also craft for a clan.   It's going to take time but the point is that we either getting way to much resources to fill reserves and not be used....the building should not be that location, that is what we have warehouses for, or we need to get more labor hours to do more stuff.  It's human nature to want to click and empty every thing to look like you did a lot of work.  When you can't do that you feel like your not getting enough done.  I haven't really notice how much of that resources would be neeed for crafting cause I have stocks and stocks of them all ready from before the patch.  Maybe it would be easier to tell when some one is starting from a clean slate. I might do that with my Spain char since he's doing nothing at all any way.  Just set up level 1's and try crafting some stuff with them only.  

That would be a good test.  I get the feeling (I had some stockpile) that i'm not using anywhere near what I used before. 

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

For economy and gameplay it is quite important that labor is the limiting factor, not the production rate. When you have enough labor to do everything, first you dont have to make decisons. Brain dead daily harvesting, do you think this is good game design?

How much labor is availiable needs to be balanced. When players stockpile too much resources, they become redundant. You might not notice it doing selfsupply, not interacting with the market. But local markets are empty. Why? Because nobody buys anything. Why? Because poor design leads to self supply and poor balancing to inflation. Who suffers? Anyone enjoying local trade, crafting for profit and competing economically, and new players that cant do anything but join a clan... to then get everything for free.

A major purpose of production rates might be, that players shouldnt be able to build a new bulding and harvst resources using all their labor immediately.