Game-Labs Forum

Tasteless

Hi,

I would just like to express my contempt to the the verbal abuse has been directed to me today by alot of  players, in hope that maybe some maybe think a little before writing.

Understand that it can be frustrated to get sunk and not being able to catch and "punish" the player who sunk you. Especially when going out a whole navy wasting alot of time, building up frustration only to get sunk again.

I'm not the politest of players, and I get frustrated too sometimes and write things that I maybe shouldn't have written. Being abit toxic on chat isn't the problem, neither being a bit abusive, I can handle that.

I just think it's pretty tasteless when on several occassions today people been writing that they wish I die in cancer and stuff like that, seriously?.. the next person you tell it to maybe has cancer?. 

Get a grip and pull yourself together. 

You can go out and attack a single player with 10 ships as backup but you can't handle getting sunk by that player 5 minutes later?. Go play hello kitty or something, or go to pve server.

Shape up ffs.

Fair winds

/ Po

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Po Tsai said:

I just think it's pretty tasteless when on several occassions today people been writing that they wish I die in cancer and stuff like that, seriously?.. the next person you tell it to maybe has cancer?. 

post in tribunal for faster resolution - as chat reports from game are cleared only once a week

This is immediate ban material. 

• Like 7

Hello Admin, Devs, Captains and Po,

It is with a heavy heart I write this.

To those that would do this to Po......... I say SHAME on you!

My next younger brother, 5 years younger than I, died of brain cancer. It was a long agonizing 3 year death. I can barely write for the tears. Don't you ever do that again to anyone!

This is a game. These are pixels for Lord's sake. Get a grip and get some sportsmanship.

To those that have done this......... I expect you to be man enough to apologize to him. In public, as the offence was public. I have offended in public before and I always apologize in public even if it hurts. If I can do it so can you. You will find that it will make a better man of you.

God bless and keep you all.

Fair sailing and happy hunting/escaping to all.    

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Hello Admin, Devs, Captains and Po,

It is with a heavy heart I write this.

To those that would do this to Po......... I say SHAME on you!

My next younger brother, 5 years younger than I, died of brain cancer. It was a long agonizing 3 year death. I can barely write for the tears. Don't you ever do that again to anyone!

This is a game. These are pixels for Lord's sake. Get a grip and get some sportsmanship.

To those that have done this......... I expect you to be man enough to apologize to him. In public, as the offence was public. I have offended in public before and I always apologize in public even if it hurts. If I can do it so can you. You will find that it will make a better man of you.

God bless and keep you all.

Fair sailing and happy hunting/escaping to all.    

So very sorry to hear this

I'm just glad it happen to me but i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that is why I wanted to highlight it. Because even if i don't get hurt by it, it may strike someone else really hard even if it's just words. 

Pretty sure it wasn't meant literally, just trash talk out of frustration but there are other ways to insult, don't include stuff like that, it's just taking it too far.

Again @EdWatchmaker, truly sorry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sith Lord Mikocen said:

I got solution which maybe wont resolve this problem, but will immediately lower the percentage of situtations like this one. 
Mkh. Nerf Requin and Herc.

People been to used to easy gank they can't handle / don't know what to do against Requin / Herc. 

Let me tell you this, one of the players who wished I die in cancer was in group trying to get me. After they all gave up he came out in a Requin.

He lost.

His Requin was fir / fir, he did not even repair once in battle. He didn't even have repairs with him. He had no mods and he didn't know how to sail the ship.

He lost against someone who knew the ship better, and who's ship was 10 times better. And against someone who actually use repairs.

Do what has to be done with Requin or Herc, but don't nerf it because players bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

Should post the rest of the chat log when I attack him again and change tactic, hugging his ship and sinking him..:)

lol probably stuff like "The Empire strikes back!" "We will erase Poland from the map" (ingame of course). We do say stupid stuff, but never get personal.

3 minutes ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

lol probably stuff like "The Empire strikes back!" "We will erase Poland from the map" (ingame of course). We do say stupid stuff, but never get personal.

I know, was nothing personal neither from my side or yours. I don't know why this was even brought up.:)

Tztztz, how can you stand here and raise your finger in the air admonishingly. 
But that act exactly like the people you admonished here! Of course, 
the Requin should not be worse (she's a joke), 
with which ship should you otherwise go outside the door .... 
I do not know how the "bastard" is now flushed down here. 
An insult is an insult! Point!

11 minutes ago, Karthago said:

Tztztz, how can you stand here and raise your finger in the air admonishingly. 
But that act exactly like the people you admonished here! Of course, 
the Requin should not be worse (she's a joke), 
I do not know how the "bastard" is now flushed down here. 
An insult is an insult! Point!

I'm not sure i understand what you are writing to be honest. Except for the last part something about "bastard". And an insult is an insult.

You saw me write bastard in the chat log Redii posted?. That was a very friendly bastard sorry, was not even insult, i was giving him credit. Have you ever called your friend bastard or so but in a friendly manner?.

I would probably go with surprise or belle poule.

An insult is an insult?. 

Some things ok some things are not ok, it's called common sense.

Edited by Po Tsai

6 minutes ago, dark lord rediii said:

@admin

Causing this is also the requin which is uncatchable.  for money.

@op

not saying its fine but you probably provoked that. When you fought vs voido he posted thatvin discord

unknown.png

With respect Sir where is the Provocation there? While I agree that the context of the word Bastard held a different meaning in the 19th century and was provocation enough to warrant a duel, and could bar people from the upper echelons of society, today it is pretty much a common phrase due to it's overuse, and, misuse out of context to it's original meaning.

It is a sad reflection on today's society that phrases like 'i hope you die of cancer' are considered commonplace, even normal, where one group/person wishes to denigrate another group/person whom they disagree with or dislike, especially when it used by the anti Smoking Industry against those who choose a smoking lifestyle, such comments reflect a mentality that should have died after WWII and the Nuremberg trials, sadly it has not.

There is no place either in game, nor in real life, for such cruel and unnecessary comments, a sentiment that I am certain that you, and anyone else with common decency, and tolerence  endorse without reservation.     

• Like 2

Thank you so much Po.  

I just want people to enjoy this awesome game. I'll say right now DON'T nerf the either the LE Requin or Herc! They are what they are, adjust! You can do it. Those that won't or can't will sink.

I'll tell y'all a little story from this past day. I got sunk!!!!! Yes, ME who prides himself for not getting sunk but now 2 handfuls of times. My characters play as merchant captains. They live off of sneak, hide RUN FAST. I have over 2 years and a combined 2000 hours in game. I can and did still get nailed yesterday by 2 Spanish in LE Requins.

With anchors weighed, in my tbrig I did wait for the proper time to set sail. Requins and other enemys were all over the place at KPR (yes I have an alt, don't have a meltdown, name is Damien) and I picked my time and set sail with my solid Seadog Wade. Out we sailed, keeping lookout port and starboard, scanning the horizon ahead for any possible problem. On and on we went finally leaving KPR and it's problems astern. Ahead would be the safety of Pedro Cay and beyond. Coming up on the north side of the island we turn to starboard to round the west side. Rounding the island and with a very fair wind we shot straight south towards FREEDOM, the high seas.

OH!!!!!!!! how my joy was dashed when..........."What to my wondering eyes doth appear?" No, sadly not reindeer, but 2 shiny LE Requins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say it took me so by surprise that I totally lost it and couldn't even remember the proper key to push to get into battle chat to call for help. Only by the grace of God and the good work of my gallant Seadog Wade, who as we speak is promoted to the rank of Able Seadog. Congrats Able Seadog Wade for valor beyond the call of duty. (Stupid master.) Needless to say I was boarded and promptly sunk.

My point is it wasn't the Spanish that did it, they were just doing their job. It wasn't the LE Requin that did it, it's a ship that I have to get used to and learn to defeat. Progress moves on and we adjust or we die.

Don't blame an honorable player just doing his job. It's a game...................................HAVE FUN or move on and let the rest of us have fun.

Have to go to bed. 

Fair sailing all and a good night/day to all from Able Seadog Wade and Capt. Ed and a hearty  07 to the Captains that sunk me. Job well done!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

are considered commonplace

They are not.

Not here, not in job place, not anywhere where persons conduct themselves with respect and expecting to be respected.

We are not expected  to like everyone or even anyone really, but respect is the least anyone can show everyone else, especially while playing games. We are ALL expending hobby time to have fun.

If by fun you mean spewing all your frustrations on a stranger ... *sigh*

Image result for wargame adversaries compliment

• Like 1