Game-Labs Forum

Steal Money and leave clan

Hello

This is a complaint from "Neuville" (Nation : France) against the player "Spirit of Paris" (Nation : France)

We recruited him in the clan, because we help new players.
After a week, we trust him and we give him the access to the clan warehouse.
But this morning, he steal 20M in the bank and leave the clan silently, and we have no news since ...

We would wish a severe penalty against him, and, if possible, a refund of the stolen money.

Thanks,
Neuville

20180505175201_1.jpg

Unfortunately, I think the Money is lost for good, you have to vet People with Access to the clan warehouse carefully.

This has happened before and it will, sadly, happen again.

Please see admins Reply on a very similar Situation.

admin

• Administrator
  •  
  • admin
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png
  • 13,020 posts

Hiring decisions belong to the clan. If clan hires a bad actor it is clan's responsibility

But please do contact @Inkin private. We provide partial compensations when kids delete your outposts (1 ship 1 item)

• Like 3

Don't want to defend the ruthless deeds of this mega super duper asshole .... BUT ... don't let us forget this is an open world sandbox game. Everything the engine provides can be done but nothing has to be done. The whole game is a game of killing, robbery and destruction of other players "lifes", ships, money and goods. Nations are at war with each other ... anybody against everybody. Some players slip into roles of very bad asses or heroes ... depending on the point of view. They use to do espionage with alts, they sneak into clans officer ranks to do sabotage and make mischief nationwide  ... all like in real life. 

Other players kill helpless traders and new born baby players all day long ... that's life in NA. 

In my opinion having alts is the biggest problem in this game but it is money for games labs and so they won't do anything against it ...

Edited by Peter Peacemaker
  • Like 1

A solution to this would be that the clan creator has the power to set a limit to how much an officer/diplomat is able to withdraw w/o consent.

Could also set it on each player, so that officers that have been around for long time and could be set to higher limit then someone who was recently appointed.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
Mispell
  • Like 3

It was not a random playeur. Of course I understand the risks of this games about meeting new playeurs. But in our clan, we ask to playeurs to recolt ressouces and craft compenants (for use all their labor hours).

So after a week, if we think that we can trust them, we give them right acces for they can withdraw componants, craft and deposit themselves.

In return, we craft them all ships they want.

We use this system from 6 month, and today is the 1rst time we have a steal problem.

I think that in this game, the majority of playeurs have a mature mentality (that is for this reason we easely trust playeurs) . So my advice : punish kids mentality severely ! for keep safe this nice community o7

I think I will open a new suggestion about righ acces.

Edited by Neuville

In my clan only 4 people have access to the clan store. The 3 founders and another person of total confidence. Today, I think it is the best way to protect it from looting. There are people who like to plunder more on the mainland, than in the open sea. Regards.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet

Personally I think if the Devs will not do something about this then they should give people the tools to do something themselves. The more they condone this type of behavior the more it will happen and a toxic atmosphere will develop. Its alright saying you should vet the players you take into your clan and what authority you give them, but how can you vet them properly, this is the internet, we cannot look into peoples backgrounds, we cannot see if a person is an alt of someone in another nation, we can only see what the person wants us to see so how can you vet someone properly.

They are talking about making joining a clan part of the tutorial, so how does this fit in with people being vetted. It is not hard to get into a clan as an ordinary member and slowly build up trust, you would be surprised how long people can wait to achieve something like this, and even if it was not initially their intention people can have fall out and decide to do something like this just out of spite.

It would be so easy to nip this behavior in the bud now by simply taking action against the perpetrators and removing their ill gotten gains and returning them to the clan involved especially that there are now clan logs. They spend lots of time investigating green on green and other silly tribunals yet cannot be bothered to check the logs on the rare occasions that something like this happens. If they acted decisively on this now and people knew they could not get away with it then the problem would go away. Letting things like this go on will only cause bad blood in the game and we do not have enough players for this sort of toxicity. 

• Like 4

Captains, in-game thievery that do not include any kind of bug or exploit is not a tribunal case and allowed by game (just like in almost any online multiplayer game).

Hiring and promoting decisions belong to clan responsibility.

The problem can be discussed in appropriate forum thread (e.g. suggestion sub forum)

• Like 5