Game-Labs Forum

lord protector?

Shrez

Question

14 answers to this question

You need to participate in winning port battles. If the port remains in your nation's possession by the next Monday morning, then you get a Victory Mark with your title.

Edited by VO101_HWick
typo

In this scenario he is involved in RVR. You can take a port by yourself and you won't receive the benefit it because you aren't in a clan. That's a continuity error, or a very hand forcing mechanic to shite on people who participate in RVR not being in a clan.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

1-man clans are allowed.

So it's a continuity error. 1 man clans taking ports are ok but being a clanless person helping your nation take a port isn't.

Just for the record idk if that's really how it is but if it is then that's a bad mechanic.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shrez said:

Joining Clan is no option coz i want to use my own "clan" warehouse! 

Sorry. In that case you need an alt within your own nation. 

37 minutes ago, Shrez said:

thx

But it's a bad game mechanic clan counts more then a nation.

no, its not bad...

as a nation captain you can attack other nation captains. (you can not attack a same nation captain)

nations do not possess ports. 

clans do own ports (and have benefit over the ports for instance lower or higher tax or labor hours, or trade goods)

you represent a nation as a defender of a port...and your nation (if you have defence points, also he who has more points will go in first) 

you as clanless captain have no benefit, but  for being in a clan , and  by becoming a lord protector what gives you victory points (what you need for big ships) (normally speaking)

clans communicate to do stuff, you can be a integral member of a clan, who is active, to do some captering on ports (by points)or sailing together to do missions, or attack other players together

you are already a nation player ,but its better to be in a clan, to have some benefit for yourself and clan (members).of that same nation

clans mostly work together to have a certain goal in the game

the, teamspeak .or other communication  method is helping you more in that way , playing by game chat is not very productive in that matter.

greetings

Edited by Thonys

50 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Grind hostility by yourself, attack and conquer port by yourself - you will be a Lord Protector.

Again you want benefints without any commitment.

Did in real life clans owned ports? 

I thought it's a simulation.

I think the current MO is for clanless solos to be screeners, in lieu of being in the PB.  I'm not sure what is meant by continuity error, but it seems unfair, if that's what you're saying there.  But in this iteration of the game the devs encourage clan play, so it's intentional even if it at first seems unfair.

This option may not interest you, but perhaps it will others.

If you want/need Victory Marks, don't want to buy them, and don't want to be part of a clan, at least develop a relationship with a clan that does RVR. Help them out. Let them see that you can sail and fight. Then when they have a PB and need another person, they'll probably let you join their clan for just long enough to fight the PB.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farrago said:

This option may not interest you, but perhaps it will others.

If you want/need Victory Marks, don't want to buy them, and don't want to be part of a clan, at least develop a relationship with a clan that does RVR. Help them out. Let them see that you can sail and fight. Then when they have a PB and need another person, they'll probably let you join their clan for just long enough to fight the PB.

Joining Clan is no option coz i want to use my own "clan" warehouse! 

2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

In this scenario he is involved in RVR. You can take a port by yourself and you won't receive the benefit it because you aren't in a clan. That's a continuity error, or a very hand forcing mechanic to shite on people who participate in RVR not being in a clan.

1-man clans are allowed.