Game-Labs Forum

In shorts at the dock yard (ship builder)

progression from the towns council goverment agreement

when a chip builder get a level up there should be a reward from the port government  giving it more space in the docks 

for instance ;

level 12 one extra dock space for the shipbuilder in the dock reserved for ships to sell to the navy

level 25 +1 extra dock space for ships (makes 2 extra dock spaces)

level 40 +1 extra dock space for ships (makes 3 extra dock spaces )

level 50 +1 extra dock spaces for ships (makes 4 extra dock spaces)

so max  shipbuilders (lvl50)

should have 4 port dock spaces more than normal ranked captains (no ship builders) who have the same amount of slots of 20 

the ship building must give 4 dock places reserved for building ships (the room in docks for the navy ship builder(LVL 50), they have their OWN PLACE)

situation now is that a high ranked captain who is not a shipbuilder  has the same amount of dockspace 

its not fair to the shipbuilder who has to compete with 16 dock space and 4 dock space for building ships for the navy

it is a unfair restriction 

ship builder level 50 should be 20 +4 dockplaces in port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my question  and suggestion to the development team is, can this be implemented ?

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

this makes sense for crafting because unless you're crafting in capital you're towing your ships back and forth to where you sell which is a pain in the ass without the fleet perks and dock space.

this doesn't promote people leaving the safezones at all.

well my docks are full with ships i use for  my own command, just like the not shipbuilder captain, but can't build another ship for beginning captains .

but i think it has nothing to do with safe zones...for me save zones are not important . if it is a( building ships) question 

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

there should be a reward from the port government

Must bring profit to the town, that's the only way a Governor would ever reward a captain. Plenty of instances recorded of how Governos would... reward seafarers and ALL involved coin coming in to town.

12 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Must bring profit to the town, that's the only way a Governor would ever reward a captain. Plenty of instances recorded of how Governos would... reward seafarers and ALL involved coin coming in to town.

i pay more  tax ,

than the governor can spend in a day..... on boozing ....

perhaps i must bring a musket and a  club  to convince the man...

Edited by Thonys

No you would'nt, how dare you even bring arms to a civilized discussion with a fellow you want to buy favours from...

You know what actually happened ? Your rudder and sails would be ordered to be taken out as punishment for being an upstart :) like in so many recorded instances.

Back to subject,

- Is there a limit of slots for ships on sale ? If not then any prolific ship builder can pump out as many ships as he wants.

Slots represent "personal fleet" ( whatever than means in this abstract world ).

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

- Is there a limit of slots for ships on sale ? If not then any prolific ship builder can pump out as many ships as he wants.

Slots represent "personal fleet" ( whatever than means in this abstract world ).

Crafters don't always craft for immediate sale.

What we are missing here is that every shipyard should have its own inactive ship docks, in addition to the construction location.  Could easily be simulated in-game by allowing Shipyard Level 1 to have construction of ships only, no storage, then Shipyard Level 2 to have 2 or 3 inactive docks within the shipyard, and then say 5 or 6 inactive docks for a Level 3, which is presumable a larger shipyard anyway.

16 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I interpret that as ( and please do not take this as a negative remark, it is just a observation )

we need more and more and more

:)

there's no limit for what we need.

Probably true.  But the specific "more" is in this case for a specific "we". :)

I'm okay with something like this but would rather it be linked with shipyard level instead of crafting level. New Crafters need some love. 

The extra dock space should only be in the port where you have your shipyard. Level 1 shipyard = 1 extra dock, level 2 = 2 extra spaces, level 3 = 3 extra.

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I'm okay with something like this but would rather it be linked with shipyard level instead of crafting level. New Crafters need some love. 

The extra dock space should only be in the port where you have your shipyard. Level 1 shipyard = 1 extra dock, level 2 = 2 extra spaces, level 3 = 3 extra.

exactly.

7 hours ago, SKurj said:

I don't see it as needed... either keep some clear slots or put the ships for sale...  20 slots is a lot...

because you lose a slot if you want to craft ships for sale.

Shouldn't be difficult to put crafting slots in the shipyard. To use the ship, you will still have to move it to your dock, or you put it up for sale. Doesn't effectively add a single slot to the player's dock past 20, it just doesn't penalise the ship builder by effectively removing slots below 20.

I wouldn't say no to more dock slots sure, then i can keep more trading fleets... As a crafter we get more use out of trader fleets than most...  I just don't see why as a crafter we need more slots.  Of all my slots I have one ship that I wish to sell, that I don't want just gold for nor do I want to pay tax....  You already have 10 slots to sell ships, i see no reason why you would store ships for sale later...   

I can't see why a crafter needs more than anyone else...

3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I wouldn't say no to more dock slots sure, then i can keep more trading fleets... As a crafter we get more use out of trader fleets than most...  I just don't see why as a crafter we need more slots.  Of all my slots I have one ship that I wish to sell, that I don't want just gold for nor do I want to pay tax....  You already have 10 slots to sell ships, i see no reason why you would store ships for sale later...   

I can't see why a crafter needs more than anyone else...

some people have 20 slots filled with ships they sail, and still craft ships to sell or for clan members.