Game-Labs Forum

Possible solution to farming alts for PvP marks

Perhaps a solution to all this would be to award PvP marks ONLY in port battles, making them a RvR reward for sinking enemy within a port battle.

Would encourage more activity to defend/attack ports, and would instantly stop all this alt farming in one hammerblow.

This way even nations out of reach of the top 3 positions for the Vic marks would be able to get something not available outside RvR. 

Not something that would benefit myself doing this, but it would stop all this in one easy move.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Perhaps a solution to all this would be to award PvP marks ONLY in port battles, making them a RvR reward for sinking enemy within a port battle.

Would encourage more activity to defend/attack ports, and would instantly stop all this alt farming in one hammerblow.

This way even nations out of reach of the top 3 positions for the Vic marks would be able to get something not available outside RvR. 

Not something that would benefit myself doing this, but it would stop all this in one easy move.

Nations are "trading" ports atm, for Victory marks. That is basically the same.

With your suggestion you would plug one hole, another one is stil open.

People were suggesting to rework completely the upgrade situation, to implement the "learning/earning" upgrades, which randomly drop or need to be accomplished to be achieved.

It would require a global market for ships(in order to make their crafting costs lower, and motivate crafters), and there would be no need more for a 2nd currency(PVP marks).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

It's not that we had that system before... For like 3 days. 

Back in the trash bin with you, already tested and failed mechanic. 

12 minutes ago, Fenris said:

People were suggesting to rework completely the upgrade situation, to implement the "learning/earning" upgrades, which randomly drop or need to be accomplished to be achieved.

It would require a global market for ships(in order to make their crafting costs lower, and motivate crafters), and there would be no need more for a 2nd currency(PVP marks).

Well actually you are wrong. There where a tribunal on Spain and Russia on trading ports and getting Vm. PvP farming on your alt account isen't legal. But Ink ruled that trading ports are legal, but a feature they will look in to. 

Edited by staun
* but

23 minutes ago, Never Surrender said:

It's not that we had that system before... For like 3 days. 

Back in the trash bin with you, already tested and failed mechanic. 

Unlike the current tested and failed mechanic :).

Before was Vic Marks for people in PB's unless was before my time you speak about, and Vic marks are now only to highest 3 placed nations. Also only to those that have participated in a PB.

This is about PvP marks and possible solution to stop alt farming,  trading ports wouldn't get the PvP marks as nobody sunk = no combat.  I was suggesting that in port battles PvP marks are awarded as are now in open world, and in open world PvP goes back to just combat marks.  Nobody could have enough alts to attack and defend a port :).

Edited by Dibbler

32 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Trading ports wouldn't give PvP marks, as no combat involved.

PvP marks would be awarded for kills/assists in port battles, outside in OW would revert to combat marks only

Trading ports would not award PvP marks (no combat), so the 2 issues are not connected.

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

1 side brings crewspace shopships. Then you get marks.

Drop the idea please

Well when trading ports they could do that already, if not already happening.

Anyway was just trying to look for a way to close this loophole, but tbh i don't really care.  More that cracks/exploits appear in a game the more a game dies, have seen it numerous times in many games. Also as with other games all players have their own agenda, not caring for game as a whole but more about their personal pixel pile.

Suggestion was there for devs to look at, wouldn't aid me as i find RvR as interesting as gauging my eyes out with a spoon. Battles are fun WHEN they happen, but man the build up and getting there is like watching paint dry.

I just hope the devs have a vision and stick to what they envisage,  i'll go try find people to sink and carry on without the meta gaming.

Herman out

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

I can finance pve with pve and grow

I can finance crafting with crafting and grow

I can not finance pvp with pvp and grow (without pvp marks) Or maybe only realy good guys can do it.

Risk:reward in pvp is wrong. Its the same in knowledge. 1:2 pve to pvp XP is a bad joke

at first your reward is the ship, the cargo and the fun u have, if u win. creating a special item as reward is the wrong way. 

a modifier for the gold reward u get after fight should be enough.

Knowing the enemy has one less warship.

Capturing the trade goods of the enemy nation.

Interdicting the routes behind the lines.

So many reasons other than marks.

Admiralty could pay your Admirals the allowance, guaranteed cash every 30 days at sea plus share bonuses for prizes ( not sinkings, that's your duty ).

O a lot could be done with career papers and not marks.

...* wakes up *...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Knowing the enemy has one less warship.

Capturing the trade goods of the enemy nation.

Interdicting the routes behind the lines.

So many reasons other than marks.

Admiralty could pay your Admirals the allowance, guaranteed cash every 30 days at sea plus share bonuses for prizes ( not sinkings, that's your duty ).

O a lot could be done with career papers and not marks.

...* wakes up *...

I like your vision. If only...