Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 3 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Thats exactly why you and za4s should love a clan/alliance based system more than a national based system. You can attack everyone if you want or create a big empire of your alliance or just get 5 ports and stop conquest its fully up to you.

How is that any different from what we have now?  If/when we get zero-ported, we will simply re-group and find another suitable target to support our small faction.  

The great thing about being a small nation is that we have small goals, which allow us time to do the fun stuff: PvP

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

How can BF prevent a swedish russian alliance? I dont get you

The chance of backstabbing. Read admins comment. Player interaction includes deals. Deals can be broken because of different povs. Like BF has different povs to agreements between sweden and rest of danish nation. That creates tension. When you rally all equal thinking clans under one flag you get a boring alliance system we tested before. Only tension keeps the game alive, interesting and unpredictable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

In our system you would create the Prussian Alliance.  Maybe decorate your own cool flag.  You can add the clans you want to it, kick out the rest.  Your target ratio goes up.  No more cater to people within your nation that offer you nothing.  Don't like em?  Sink them.  

Frankly if @rediii both agree on something you know it's a good idea.

Good idea for the biggest rvr clans yes. that is what you are telling all the time. Thats why i said "Thank you" all you want is to create the super rvr alliance and rule the server. what is restricting you currently are different thinking clans in your nation.

Edited by z4ys

Just now, rediii said:

You will realize its a good idea if the NA server hits 2000 players consequently and prussia isnt small anymore.

Once localization is in a lot more germans will join the game and join prussia if you like it or not

Tbh i would welcome that. Less work for me. Could enjoy the game more.

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

The chance of backstabbing. Read admins comment. Player interaction includes deals. Deals can be broken because of different povs. Like BF has different povs to agreements between sweden and rest of danish nation. That creates tension. When you rally all equal thinking clans under one flag you get a boring alliance system we tested before. Only tension keeps the game alive, interesting and unpredictable.

mechanical alliances were great on paper but they killed real player interaction (in an MMO). 

voted mechanical alliances ARE NOT COMING BACK. Players will have to open their mouth and talk with people in RL like age of sail politicians had to. with their mouths.

Naval Action is an experience. So go out and ally with people using conversational skills if you want to ally with people :)

• Like 5

tbh I think youndont realy get the idea and what would happen.

The things you think would happen can happen right now aswell. HRE could also just join russia or russia can sweden.

Pls do it show me that it is possible. But i guess there are some folks in russia or sweden that let you think twice to do so.

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

What do you do if HRE and CABAL decides to join prussia and make it no small faction anymore?

Or if the game is localized and suddently 500 germans join prussia?

Nothing.  The goal of the "nation" may change, depending on what players as a group decide.  But as a clan, we already know what our core goals are/will be.  Provide a place for easy access to "Admiralty" function for new members and attempt to gain access to as many important resources as we can.  Everything AFTER that is just RvR for the sake of "pew pew".  If the 500 other players of HRE and CABAL want more, then we can decide as a clan how much we wish to contribute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

mechanical alliances were great on paper but they killed real player interaction (in an MMO). 

voted mechanical alliances ARE NOT COMING BACK. Players will have to open their mouth and talk with people in RL like age of sail politicians had to. with their mouths. 

What about clan alliances outside of their respective nations? 

Naval Action is an experience. So go out and ally with people using conversational skills if you want to ally with people :)

That is great but could we keep the discussion about cross nations clan alliances? They could join our PBs but we can attack eachother in open sea. Good example is EXILE and Rubli. We are "allied" but if there is a good fight to be had we will kill eachother :)

• Like 2

This is actually what me and @Christendom suggest here. 

Conquest by alliance

Alliance consisting of clans

Clans consisting of players of any nation

Everyone can agtack everyone if not in same clan and/or alliance(if clan has no alliance)

You're attempting to remove one of the greatest aspects of MMO's....   intrigue/backstabbing and dealmaking.

As much as I hated a certain player named REDACTED, he and his group provided nearly endless content.  And it wasnt just:

1)Raise hostility

2)Get to PB

3)Win/Lose PB

4) Repeat ad nauseum

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

And suddenly we would work together in a clan/alliancebased system of conquest and battles?

Please explain me why

Yes and clans have to work together in alliances to survive in conquest

No, they certainly do not.   Not with the mixed BR PB's and realistic goals.   Single clans can absolutely participate in RvR.  The goals just have to be realistic.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

wtf

A clanbased/alliancebased system only creates more backstabbing etc and not less

Except that it didnt.  It created 2 static supergroups that barely fought.   

Eventually your "clan-alliances" are going to settle into 2 camps....

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

cross nation clan alliances create too many problems for pvp and other systems.  These problems were identified by players in the post where we announced the possibility. we dont want to solve them at this stage and will focus on entry level priorities.

so here is the workaround.
if you are so much in love with the enemy nation clan and want to snuggle with them in port battles - Change Nation and join that clan friendlist. Its just 8 clicks to close outposts and maybe 20 mins to sail to a freetown.

Permanent forger will be available soon as a DLC. All forged papers people have on hands will be removed as they are properly tested now. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

wtf

A clanbased/alliancebased system only creates more backstabbing etc and not less

like the voting system did. Yeah true i remeber so much varity in all kind of different alliances because mostly one clan decided. - Not

Edited by z4ys

cross nation alliances by "accepting friendrequest" is important for the game.

Battles (joining) would have to be reworked, timers at clanleaving, joining and alliance leaving/joining has to be implemented. Same nation attacks should be possibld

That sounds to complex imo. As a simple example. HRE can add EXILE to friendly clans. We could join your port battles. That would be really nice for sweden since you dont have a fleet at 4am in the morning. Open sea engagements stay as they are except that you can invite friendly clans to battle group.  

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

You're attempting to remove one of the greatest aspects of MMO's....   intrigue/backstabbing and dealmaking.

Actually we're trying to improve it.  Imagine if a major clan left an alliance or jumped ship before a huge battle?  The grand daddy of all MMO backstabbing/intrigue/backstabbing is of course EVE, which has the exact system we are proposing.

Just imagine how much more fun it would of been if TDA could of attacked VCO way back when.  You guys might not of all quit.  

Just now, admin said:

cross nation alliances create too many problems for systems. we dont want to solve them at this stage and focus on entry level priorities 

so if you are in love with the enemy clan and want to snuggle with them in port battles - Change Nation and join that clan friendlist. Its just 8 clicks to close outposts and maybe 20 mins to sail to a freetown.

Only if you have forged papers.    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Permanent forger will be available soon as a DLC. All forged papers people have on hands will be removed as they are properly tested now. 

If you're going to charge for them (and that's fine) you should include a service where all your stuff becomes redeemable or something like that.  Similar to how the global players ended up on EU.  

• Like 2

cross nation clan alliances create too many problems for pvp and other systems. we dont want to solve them at this stage and focus on entry level priorities 

so if you are in love with the enemy clan and want to snuggle with them in port battles - Change Nation and join that clan friendlist. Its just 8 clicks to close outposts and maybe 20 mins to sail to a freetown.

youre right and the pirate nations wants EXILE back. I want to stay in britain. GB has so few pvpers and Im just waiting for the day we get some more so we can for a fleet that can not sink in 10 min. Should I go down the road that 50% of people do? Join the winning nation? Im not like that in nature. Maybe limit enemy nation clan alliances to 1 or 2 clans in list. 

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

But since admins dont want to fix the resulting problems we can stop suggesting it anyway

we want to change it but we doubt it will have the same effect as tutorial and localization. and we will not make mistake of last year where we were focused on rvr instead of new player experience. 

So i guess you will just have to wait.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

youre right and the pirate nations wants EXILE back. I want to stay in britain. GB has so few pvpers and Im just waiting for the day we get some more so we can for a fleet that can not sink in 10 min. Should I go down the road that 50% of people do? Join the winning nation? Im not like that in nature. Maybe limit enemy nation clan alliances to 1 or 2 clans in list. 

GB will rise again! Just look at BF.. once Captain reverse started teaching new players his clan exploded. Just take 4-5 players with you to pvp and teach them what you know. they will bring more people. I am sure there are 100s of players looking for mentors in britain and are tired of unprofessional fleet commanders.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, admin said:

GB will rise again! Just look at BF.. once Captain reverse started teaching new players his clan exploded. Just take 4-5 players with you to pvp and teach them what you know. they will bring more people. I am sure there are 100s of players looking for mentors.

I can teach them frigate warfare in expendable frigates but once in a PB with 10 unsinkable 1st rates what can I teach them? Please nerf armour thicknesses of all SOLs and maybe I can try with "expendable" 2nd and 3rd rates. I know rubli can win vs 1st rates in wasas but that is rubli not gb. 

• Like 3