Game-Labs Forum

Prussia,Russia,Poland Why?

On 12/27/2017 at 10:27 PM, Landsman said:

It is a good idea. This gives individual clans more space and also more chances for PvP for everyone. Nobody stops you from joining the zerg nations and it isn't hard to find out or understand what nations have most pop / are the zerg nations.

its not a good idea, game with small pop now split to what 11 different nations when there is only roughly 350 online during my time so u could split that evenly to 31 players per nation which we know isn't that many on a nation and bugger all to achieve anything on a map of this scale, now if we had say 4 nations with a player population of 350 during this time split evenly then there are 87 roughly playing per nation and much more activity for those nations, i don't know if you have ever heard of the quote less is more which seems to be used many times in this day and age and in this case in terms of nations and map scale/ ports for the player base would mean more activity if it had a balance system in play like some games, i remember when OW used to just be the lesser Antilles and there was quite abit of pvp and activity around, the game is so spread out now and the population isnt there to keep peoples interest in playing this long and tediously boring grind that we have now.

39 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Credible history gameplay >  Reenactement realism gameplay

Had to fix it :) 

We are here to "re-write" a historical era, not to relive the exact outcomes.

we are here to make a game work and survive, not add more nations that splits the community more and make more nations feel un-populated because they are now divided over 11 different factions

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronald Speirs said:

we are here to make a game work and survive, not add more nations that splits the community more and make more nations feel un-populated because they are now divided over 11 different factions

Not even debating that. Thanks for making it a point :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ronald Speirs said:

Adding Poland made exactly opposite effect - our community get stronger and more united everyday (apart from some stubborns and pariahs) and quite a few new players came. Game will survive - there is no competitions but i think we need one or two ;) To be fair - would like to see in game Portugal, Ottoman Empire (Turks) and maybe Barbary Pirates (as a playable nation with limits) and "misfortunate" pirates had own mechanics finally. Despite historical correctness just for sake of gameplay

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Adding Poland made exactly opposite effect - our community get stronger and more united everyday (apart from some stubborns and pariahs) and quite a few new players came. Game will survive - there is no competitions but i think we need one or two ;) To be fair - would like to see in game Portugal, Ottoman Empire (Turks) and maybe Barbary Pirates (as a playable nation with limits) and "misfortunate" pirates had own mechanics finally. Despite historical correctness just for sake of gameplay

How does more nations improve gameplay? For the size of the map and potential future player base 5 nations is more than enough. 

32 minutes ago, William Wade said:

How does more nations improve gameplay? For the size of the map and potential future player base 5 nations is more than enough. 

Im base on facts. We have positive influence after devs added our country - More nations = more fights, alliances, pvp and port battles.This mean  more players from more countries as well. If we got problem it laying somewhere else - a population balance and some mechanics tweaks but you can`t force people to join more challenging nations. Are we?  Stop this crusade and enjoy the game mate. Potential future playerbase is 2.5 K players on one server as developers aiming (there were tests on 2700 players on one server if i remember correct)

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

Im base on facts. We have positive influence after devs added our country - More nations more fights, alliances, pvp more players from more countries. If we got problem it laying somewhere else - a population balance and some mechanics tweaks but you can`t force people to join more challenging nations. Are we?  Stop this crusade and enjoy the game mate. Potential future playerbase is 2.5 K players on one server as developers aiming (there were tests on 2700 players on one server if i remember correct)

Even if the game had 10,000 regular players online during peak times, 5 nations plus pirates is enough, I don't see where more nations is needed for such a small player base. If the game expands to Mediterranean  sure add more nations relative to that area and time period, but just the Caribbean map doesn't  5 or more nations let alone 10 plus.  

6 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Even if the game had 10,000 regular players online during peak times, 5 nations plus pirates is enough, I don't see where more nations is needed for such a small player base. If the game expands to Mediterranean  sure add more nations relative to that area and time period, but just the Caribbean map doesn't  5 or more nations let alone 10 plus.  

Why devs should be limited and follow all previous games in age of sails era? They took risk and went own path - game is more original because of that. Try open your mind a bit wider captain. There is not many (if any) games you can sail under russian, polish or prussian flag. Naval Action allow for that and "tiphat" to devs for this. You can always try Pirates of the Burning Sea - you got 3 nations + pirates there.

17 minutes ago, William Wade said:

2500/6=416.(6). 416 players per nation online. Even if you would need 25 players for port battle, that would mean that every nation could organize 20 fleets which will be not able to fight each other. Now as I remember we got 11 nations. 2500/11=227.(27). That means that every nation could organize 9 fleets. What does it mean? That every single player will have bigger impact on his nation and more enemies to choose, more things to do.

(Now i must underline again, that in my opinion nations shouldnt exist in their current form and as i think the best option would be adding true clan wars without big nations impact on them)

Edited by Mikocen

15 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Why devs should be limited and follow all previous games in age of sails era? They took risk and went own path - game is more original because of that. Try open your mind a bit wider captain. There is not many (if any) games you can sail under russian, polish or prussian flag. Naval Action allow for that and "tiphat" to devs for this. You can always try Pirates of the Burning Sea - you got 3 nations + pirates there.

They could have expanded once they got more of a player base and a balance system, they start small and then once its grows bigger say 20000 plus and holding stable then look at increasing in size, im sorry but where the game is wasn't the time for trying to expand on a small player group  this game feels more deserted then it was already, i understand everyone wants their own nation to play hell i want Australia as a nation even though we didnt have a age of sail influence really and being realistic i wouldn't have ever expected it, the devs time would have been better used on actually working on a proper economy and building/ investment system to make the rest of the OW and ports have meaning, POTBS still pisses all over this game with its systems the only thing this game has that beats it is a better ship combat system which brings more realism to the age of sail, this game at best has only ever been a ship combat game which is why they have made Naval Action Legends and that this game hasn't progressed and moved any further and brought more of a player base, i bet given time and once NAL is fully release it will have more of a player base then the original NA only due to the fact that the devs still have no idea on how to make the PvP and OW/ Economy work with the rest of the game!!!!!!