Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

and nerfing small ships won't help. People need to learn how AND when to sail their ships.

Exactly.

I have been raiding several coastlines in a Prince... and the number of people I have had not even be able to get a shot off on me because they get stuck in the wind is amazing....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Truth is.. the nerf wasnt needed. 

People need to just learn how to sail their damned ships.

EDIT, misread the post :)

Edited by Guest

Just now, EliteDelta said:

Was it? Both the LGV and LGV Refit lived by their profile. Without that, what do they have left? They have average sailing profiles, average crew, drastically below average gunnery, below average armour and thickness.. I don't follow your logic.

Why would anyone pay 150 PvP marks for this ship now? Thats at least 15mil in game right now...

EDIT: Yes they can dock in enemy ports. Great. But they wont make it to port with a bad profile and no stern chasers...

I said...

WASN'T needed, as in WAS NOT.

They didnt need to nerf the LGV and the PLGV.

Everyone who has been complaining about them has been people who cant sail out of a bathtub at the bottom of a lake. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Truth is.. the nerf wasnt needed. 

People need to just learn how to sail their damned ships.

From what I heard it could kill 30 crew in 1 hit from a swivel. Would call that a necessary nerf. I see no reason why it should be faster than everything else in OW. Neither do I see any reason why the sailing profile should be completely different from the normal LGV.

150 PVP marks. Sure is some amount. But what do you get? Exclusive swivel guns. Exclusive paint.  I  doubt the idea was that everyone should be sailing an LGV Refit after 2 days.

The amount of salt is unreasonable. You bought a trader ship. GL HF!

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I said...

WASN'T needed, as in WAS NOT.

They didnt need to nerf the LGV and the PLGV.

Everyone who has been complaining about them has been people who cant sail out of a bathtub at the bottom of a lake. 

Ahh my mistake :D

2 minutes ago, Alado said:

Legros regir nerfed?

Yes, the sailing profile was heavily nerfed

I think the worst part of this nerf is that the only people who had the LGV Refit were active PvP players. Many of which now feel defeated, as their hard work to get this expensive ship feels pretty worthless now. 

Just now, EliteDelta said:

Was it? Both the LGV and LGV Refit lived by their profile. Without that, what do they have left? They have average sailing profiles, average crew, drastically below average gunnery, below average armour and thickness.. I don't follow your logic.

Why would anyone pay 150 PvP marks for this ship now? Thats at least 15mil in game right now...

EDIT: Yes they can dock in enemy ports. Great. But they wont make it to port with a bad profile and no stern chasers...

Is the new LVG the Pirate LVG or is it just the Slightly Up-gunned trader/blockade runner LVG? It's not even a PVP ship, it shouldn't cost PVP marks.

• Like 2

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

Is the new LVG the Pirate LVG or is it just the Slightly Up-gunned trader/blockade runner LVG? It's not even a PVP ship, it shouldn't cost PVP marks.

I agree... it should be a combat mark thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rigge1988 said:

From what I heard it could kill 30 crew in 1 hit from a swivel. Would call that a necessary nerf. I see no reason why it should be faster than everything else in OW. Neither do I see any reason why the sailing profile should be completely different from the normal LGV.

150 PVP marks. Sure is some amount. But what do you get? Exclusive swivel guns. Exclusive paint.  I  doubt the idea was that everyone should be sailing an LGV Refit after 2 days.

The amount of salt is unreasonable. You bought a trader ship. GL HF!

Have no room to talk about LGV refit, you’ve only “heard” if you did pvp in pvp server to get pvp mark instead of carebear around like a complete moron then you would have one to prove this “overpowered swivel gun” case. But it isn’t true, the 1 shot 30 killed thing is a carebear myth spread about because well, carebears can’t pvp so over exaggerate everything 😂. The ship had no firepower and literally anything could take it on in a fight. The only great thing was bow chasers and sailing profile. But you wouldn’t know because your a carebear so 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

That's bullshit, swivels are very weak, hard to aim/hit the enemy ship and barely kill any crew. From what you "heard" was not a reliable source of information. 

Source is a clan mate and long time friend who was exposed to it. What should I believe in? Him or angry overexaggerating people on an internet forum?

Just now, Rigge1988 said:

Source is a clan mate and long time friend who was exposed to it. What should I believe in? Him or angry overexaggerating people on an internet forum?

Sorry, but the info is false. I was one of the first people to sail the LGV Refit around. A very good broadside from the swivels, into an enemy ship that has prep up for boarding will give MAYBE 15-20 crew kills. Most times I would get 5-8 crew kills by the swivels in broadside. 

In addition, the swivel guns are almost impossible to aim down, so if the enemy ship is a similar height to yours, you will only get sail hits. I was only able to make good use of the swivels when shooting 4th rates and up. 

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

I reported on forums that swivels kill barely any crew before they nerfed the ship. 30 crew kills is overexaggerating, the entire broadside of swivels next to the ship won't kill that many. 

How did they, the swivels, fare versus the lower deck ships like brigs and schooners ? 

2 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Sorry, but the info is false. I was one of the first people to sail the LGV Refit around. A very good broadside from the swivels, into an enemy ship that has prep up for boarding will give MAYBE 15-20 crew kills. Most times I would get 5-8 crew kills by the swivels in broadside. 

In addition, the swivel guns are almost impossible to aim down, so if the enemy ship is a similar height to yours, you will only get sail hits. I was only able to make good use of the swivels when shooting 4th rates and up. 

Ok, first of all, thank you for keeping it civilized.

How do they fare against a stern without armor?

My friend was in a trincomalee and according to him he had extreme problems getting around for a broadside, thats why he almost literally got in a pickle as the LGVR could sterncamp him more or less.

5 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

How did they, the swivels, fare versus the lower deck ships like brigs and schooners ? 

Impossible to aim them low enough to hit small ships. 

I've sold my LGV Refit, It took effort to get to a 150 PVP marks, making it slower then a LGV makes no sense... 

I will put the game aside for a while, I don't like for begging for PVP, cause that is how it feels now, PVE is not my thing.
The refit was fun I could log out anywhere, resume the next day from where i left, and sail and find PVP. 

Now I would have to sit outside free ports again, hoping to get PVP, and hoping i don't get jumped by all the others teleporting in and rushing into the battle. Sorry not interested..

Felt more like a pirate, now that is gone as well. RIP pirates

Edited by Jef
  • Like 1

Just now, Rigge1988 said:

Ok, first of all, thank you for keeping it civilized.

How do they fare against a stern without armor?

My friend was in a trincomalee and according to him he had extreme problems getting around for a broadside, thats why he almost literally got in a pickle as the LGVR could sterncamp him more or less.

The LGV has a base turn rate of 3.52, the stern camp ability is hard as it is not a tough ship. It also is very hard to aim the guns on the LGV for a rake. With the swivels automatically aiming high into the sails, you have to aim into the water line to shoot the windows of a stern. They don’t do an extreme amount of damage at all, honestly, I could do without them lol. Sailing profile and bow chasers is all that was good about the ship.

• Like 1