Game-Labs Forum

Combat Mechanics

Combat Mechanics  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the IN BATTLE combat was better pre 10.0 patch, that was the mega patch the changed most things. I am not asking about RVR, ROE or anything else other than battles. PLEASE be objective

• Yes old combat system pre 10.0 was better for the most part but it still had flaws.
    • No the new one is better in everyway

6 hours ago, monk33y said:

I hate that fireshiping has now become a lottery. 

Before I could rock in a fireship. Guarantee to go bang. 

Now, it's 50/50 will the fire even start!!!

But I do like that a single frigate can demast 2 victorys...

Fire shipping shouldn't even be a thing in ship to ship combat...   Fire ships were used to attack Fleets in Harbor/anchor or the docks them selfs.. A fire ship would have a crew of maybe 6 -7 people on it maybe  few more.. once as they got on course and tied the Helm they would light the fire and Get the hell off in a row boat and hope they got away. They wer enot fully manned warship that suicide into fleets killing hundreds of men

Biased pole is a biased pole.

Unfortunately the new combat system is better than the old.  But the old had its merits.   The repair thing was one thing that was better.  But I dont think it needs to be limited to the number of repairs per battle... just make the cool down longer, and nerf the RUM repair feature.  I dont think anyone asked for it to replenish 100% of the losses.   That is just crazy.

Lastly the lack of a real surrender mechanic that doesnt just flat out blow ass, really is what kills it. 

I don't know anything about the real life sailing but I think bigger ships should turn slower, because they are bigger. It's seems like you want heavy frigates and up to out turn (and probably outsail) smaller ships. Big ships are for firepower, small ships for agility, at least in my eyes. Personally unless I am with a group, I will not sail anything bigger than a Surprise. 

Edit, off topic, love my Snow & Mercury. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2017 at 11:41 AM, Intrepido said:

I hate the importance of SOME permanent upgrades like Cartagena and overall all the upgrades that stack so much % that is almost imposible to catch a wasa speed fitted with an endymion.

And being forced to do missions to have some chances to get some upgrades is not good. Some people dont have so much time so cant compete.

PvP content should never be locked be hind PvE content or who ever is the riches that can out pay every one.  There should be a means in game through like a PvP mark system that we can get anything PvP related through PvP marks that any player can get through RNG loot in PvE.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:52 AM, Liq said:

Things I like:

• Structure
  • bottom-mast-sections being more tough

Things I dislike

• Speed meta (which exists due to there being dozens of speed mods; just remove them all except copper plating (which makes sense) and maybe speed trim with -10% HP, worked out perfectly well before the big wipe)
  • Repairspamming
  • Kite-and-force-enemy-to-use-all-repairs-playstyle
  • Wasa being placed at such a low BR and having OP amarment / armor / speed combo. at its class

I have to agree with this pretty much fully. 

• Drop the 15 knt cap as it done nothing but make all ships the same and every one goes speed fit.  It was like this on POTBS so they made it so when you stack mods you lost % the more you stack.  Speed meta is over done.
  • Glad they went to the 12 min thing, but I think they should make the repair more slower than it is now and that might make it better. It's to easy to just hit a button and be almost fully repaired in a short time. 
  • Each ship has it roles, if your in a ship that can't stop some one kiing you tahn maybe you should of brought support ships, but they don't have any role in game right now with only certain meta ships being used.
  • I think the Wasa as a ship is fine but the BR needs to be bumped up to like 300.  Make it so it's not the new META for port battles but the easy to get OW hunting ship for every one to use that isn't into RvR.   The other thing is bring back the old pre-nerf stats of ships like the Aggy and Connie so they can be of use.  A few other ships need this done to them too.  WE have to many ships not being used in game cause of balance issues.

On 14.10.2017 at 6:25 PM, Jon Snow lets go said:

Also Cartahena Refit feels straight up unfair. In 1st rate battles most of your shots bounce even close range and with a good angle which is just BS imo.

Damn, im pretty sure i read you or some of your clan mates say upgrades do not matter before... don't remember if it was you but it was definitely someone from HRE.

But yeah agree completely, cartagena is one of the few upgrades that are completely broken...

42 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

I totally disagree with the Wasa in it's current state.  The "best" ship should always be crafted, not buy on points.  And a ship that is both a Port Battle and Chaser falls into the best catagory.

This will not improve player base in any way, but only reduce it over time. Players worked hard for those 150 marks and that is more work than crafting. So, leave it be. 

Edited by George Washington

1 hour ago, George Washington said:

This will not improve player base in any way, but only reduce it over time. Players worked hard for those 150 marks and that is more work than crafting. So, leave it be. 

Care to elaborate? Most are advocating for it to be craftable instead of an admiralty note in order to make it harder to attain, not easier. Or are you saying that it should be left alone because people have already invested in it?

2 hours ago, George Washington said:

Worked hard for 150 combatmarks?

Crafting is easy? I geuss those resources just appear in your warehouse without lifting a finger?

The noteships just undermine everything, especilally if those noteships are overpowered as the Wasa currently is.

If you don't want to use the open world, you can always play Legends?

3 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Worked hard for 150 combatmarks?

Crafting is easy? I geuss those resources just appear in your warehouse without lifting a finger?

The noteships just undermine everything, especilally if those noteships are overpowered as the Wasa currently is.

If you don't want to use the open world, you can always play Legends?

You pay Admiralty. Read where it's coming from. 

5 hours ago, George Washington said:

Um no.  A couple hours can get you the marks.  Maybe more if you are lower level and don't group.  It takes a lot longer than an evening to craft a frigate and above.

I don't have a problem with a limited set of decent ships for marks.  I just have a problem with the Wasa in it's current state.

5 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Um no.  A couple hours can get you the marks.  Maybe more if you are lower level and don't group.  It takes a lot longer than an evening to craft a frigate and above.

I don't have a problem with a limited set of decent ships for marks.  I just have a problem with the Wasa in it's current state.

Now think, the longer it takes to acquire the ship the longer you will stay from OS and action. Now think about 100s of players in the same basket. What is our conclusion then?

Edited by George Washington

3 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Now think, the longer it takes to acquire the ship the longer you will stay from OS and action. Now think about 100s of players in the same basket.  

I will say it again in case you did not read.  I don't have a problem with a limited number of ships for marks.  I have a problem with best in class ships that can do Port Battles and be Chasers for marks.  Those ships should require crafting.

And as far as time spent, I survived the hard mode era.  The current crafting program is just about right.

Edited by IndianaGeoff